“Best place in town bar none!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 64 Restaurants in Laurel
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Best place in town bar none!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The Loft is the best place to eat dinner in town. I am from Dallas,Tx an eat at many 5 star places. The Loft is as good if not better than any of those places . I will be here every time I come to town from now on.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Texas
“Even Mrs Jones was allowed in!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

In Laurel for two nights en route to Canada from Texas. December. With Mrs Jones, our dog. So - where to eat? Our hosts at the Wisteria B&B gave us walking directions to The Loft and we headed out. The Loft has a patio - closed when we got there - so, of course, we asked whether it would be possible to dine outside with Mrs Jones. John, the owner, was so very helpful - unlocking the courtyard and setting us up. Andrew, our waiter - a young guy with five kids and three dogs? - was extremely helpful also. They set up a table for us, complete with candles. Brought menus, water for Mrs Jones and - a large serving of steak scraps for her also. The food was great, service friendly, ambience wonderful. The fact that John and Andrew were willing to go the extra mile to accommodate strangers and their dog just made it such a great experience. We went back the next night as well - a private patio, Christmas music, my lady and our dog - just a great couple of days. Thanks John and Andrew.

If you pass through Laurel - this is the place to eat.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
HOUSTON,TEXAS
“PROS AND CONS”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Pros: Joe and Summer were attentive and pleasant
Nice interior and great patio. Good crab cakes.
Cons: Shrimp bread was like a small pizza with a few shrimp and covered with melted cheese - ok but no big deal.
Ribeye sandwich was tasty but made with thick/stale hard to eat french bread- I had to eat open face as it was too large.

Visited October 2012
laurel2011, Owner at The Loft, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
We apologize that our ribeye sandwich was too large we have never had a complaint about too much steak but I understand that if your bread was tough...french bread can easily get to that point at times but we would have gladly replaced it if you had notified management. We apologize for any negative experience you had and hope you will return.
Hattiesburg, Mississippi, United States
“Great Date Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My boyfriend was in Laurel for work and I came to visit for the night. We had heard great things about The Loft so we decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed! The food was delicious! Our waitress recommended the shrimp bread so we decided to give it a try. It was fantastic. I then had the cajun chicken sandwich with a side salad for my entree and my boyfriend had the ribeye sandwich with sweet potato fries. We were both very pleased with both entrees! The sweet potato fries were great and my boyfriend loved his sandwich. The cajun chicken sandwich was great. We then had a triple chocolate cheesecake for dessert. Definitely worth it! The waitress was very attentive and nice. The most important thing was that our glasses were never empty. That's always a big deal for me! I would definitely go again if we were back in the area!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nr Oxford, England
“Friendly staff and tasty food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

We chose this place to eat based on the short walk from where we were staying and our hosts' recommendation. It was very well worth it. The food was very good, and our waitress (Melissa) was lovely. She was accommodating in our desire to share the food (as Brits we find US meal sizes very big!) and was pleasant and friendly all night. We ate inside and were entertained by the very good blues player (Wes Lee), and then had cocktails outside in the yard for a while, finishing in the bar. It was a lovely relaxing evening.

Visited April 2012