“Not the right choise for me................” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1052 Veterans Memorial Drive, Kosciusko, MS 39090 (Formerly Americas Best Value Parkway Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kosciusko
Clewiston, Fl
“Not the right choise for me................”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I travel for business weekly. I recently joined and stayed for 2 nights. My family pulled up to what appeared to be abandoned hotel buildings and drove around side. In parking lot were about 10 men sitting around looking at us, It did not sound safe at all. old cars, nasty tired old building. This is worst hotel I have seen. I cannot believe this. I drove across street and payed for clean room in safer area and will discontinue using this chain all together. I cannot afford to be traveling and 2nd guessing what type of hotel these folks may stick me in next time. Also my room was prepaid through Hotels.Com so they never refunded my money back.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
abvi1067, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time and leaving a review on Tripadvisor. I would like to let you and anybody reading this know that we are open 24 hrs 7 days. As we were that slow our parking lot was all empty and we appreciate any business that we can get. I assure we had never any security problems at our property. As the room was prepaid to hotels.com that is completely out of our hand and we cannot do anything about that.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

This was a pretty nice room. Shower head needed cleaning but it still worked ok.
Bathroom faucets need updating, some painting needs to be done. But no mold or insects were found.

There are not that many hotels in this town, and not many places to eat. Only a KFC, Pizza Hut, McD's and Wendy's and Subway, which were all a mile or 2 miles down the road. There was also a Mexican restaurant next door but I didn't try it.

My only issue was the noise that other guests made when leaving in the morning. It would seem that people could at least try to be considerate of others who might be sleeping nearby. But no such luck.

WiFi internet was in good working order, TV was fine. All in all not a bad place to sleep for a night.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Topeka, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2008

The America's Best Value Parkway Inn is as close to the Natchez Trace Parkway as you can get. Just as you are coming off the exit ramp from the Parkway, you turn right into the parking lot of the hotel. This location is the reason we booked this property.

The hotel, while not fancy, was clean and well furnished. Our king room had a fridge, microwave, and desk. Both the bathroom and the vanity area were spacious as was the bedroom/sitting area.

The pool was outside but nicely landscaped and warm enough to swim in, even after an afternoon rain.

All rooms have exterior doors which is a problem for some but not us as we were traveling via motorcycles and the exterior doors make unloading and loading our bikes easier. Since rain had been forecast, the evening desk clerk gave us permission to park our bikes under the overhang, on the sidewalk, right outside our room, to keep them dry

The only negative about our stay was the breakfast which consisted of only toast, butter & jelly, juice, and coffee. The cost of our room was reasonable enough, though, that we didn't feel cheated going to a restaurant for breakfast.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Traveler
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2008

I've given this property an above average rating because out of all the America's Best Value Inns I've stayed in this was actually the best value.
We paid $57.77 (including tax) and the room was worth that price.
The room I had was a nonsmoking room and it smelled good. I would recommend getting a nonsmoking room and just smoking outside as they smell considerably better.
They have a nice pool area here.
The breakfast however is one negative about staying here as it is practically nonexistant. Also, there isn't anywhere near the motel to get food (other than a mexican rest. ) which is a little inconvenient.
The rooms are a good size and clean. In fact the whole property was clean and the staff are very friendly and willing to help if needed.

• Liked — That it was a decent ABVI after previous experiences with this chain
  • Disliked — The breakfast
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2008

There aren't many accommodation options in this small town, but this one is probably the best. This ABV is a motel with outdoor corridors. The breakfast is very skimpy, so I might suggest making use of the in-room microwave and refrigerator. The room is decent and was clean, no frills, no fuss. It was good enough for a single night's stay.

• Liked — Easy access to Natchez Trace
  • Disliked — No real breakfast
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2005

The Best Western was a nice stay. The rooms have been recently renovated and were extremely clean. The employees at the front desk were friendly as was the housekeeping staff. We were pleasantly surprised with the great hospitality this small town had to offer.

Stayed July 2005

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!