“Clean and friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 47 hotels in Jackson
Grand Prairie, Texas
“Clean and friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Really nice. Clean rooms, nothing fancy. Didn't hear any street noise, like others said. Kids enjoyed the pool. breakfast had plenty of options. Only minor complaint was that our room smelled like chlorine because we were directly above the pool. Would stay here again as we drive thru.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
West Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I booked this hotel on priceline, not knowing which room I would get. When I called to find out, I had booked a King room. Since we were traveling with our children, we needed two beds. Priceline says that you have to take up these issues with the hotel. When I called, this hotel said that they could not change the reservation, and that I would have to call Priceline. I knew calling priceline would not help, so we just made due with the king room. Since this was my first interaction with the hotel, I was afraid of how the rest of the stay would go.

Douglas took care of our check in. He was very friendly with a smile on his face as he went through the process, and he was very knowledgeable about the area restaurants when I asked about them. I was very impressed with him. Throughout our stay, each staff member we encountered was equally friendly!

Our room was very clean. All linens seemed clean and fresh. The decor was modern and tasteful. The bed was comfortable. I did not care for the pillows. They were down and not structured enough for my taste. The water temperature was great, plenty of hot water. The shower pressure was great! My only complaint about the room would be a slight mildew smell in the bathroom after showering. I think this might have been due to the vent being insufficient, but it seemed to work fine otherwise, so I'm not sure.

Breakfast was great, and a wonderful little extra to save some money! The lady working in the breakfast area was very pleasant and helpful.

Check out was quick and simple. Several hours after leaving the hotel, I realized that I had left my phone charger in the room. In my head, I thought it was probably gone for good. I called and left my phone number with the front desk, and the woman on the phone said that they would check into it right away (yeah, right). I was surprised to get a call within a few minutes saying that they had found my charger and were willing to mail it to me. I told her that we were still close to the hotel and would be able to stop by and pick it up, which we did.

Overall wonderful experience! Great location for the area museums we were visiting. There was a place next door which made me kind of nervous. It advertises $189 per week. It looked more like apartments than a hotel with the way people were hanging around outside and such. There is a fence separating the Fairfield from this place, so it was not an issue of being able to see it FROM the hotel, just nervous about the kinds of people that could be hanging around. There was never an issue with this though, and did not affect my rating of EXCELLENT for this hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Let me first say that Douglas was an exceptional associate. He is was every hotel should have working for them, not as a clerk, but as a general manager. He had that energy about him that just wants to make you stay there time and time again. He checked us in and made me feel like we had known each other for years...very caring and showed interest in our travels and us. He later recommended a great BBQ place and when we brought it back graciously got us some plates to use. I saw him multiple times checking the hotel and asking many guests if everything was up to their satisfaction. His pride in where he works shows and it is more than just a job for him. The next morning he was working again and was in charge of the breakfast room which again he did an exceptional job and his pride again showed as he never let anything run out. Fairfield you need to recruit him for any management in training program you have. I witnessed him dealing with a difficult customer who had issue with booking site, not Fairfield, and he was very diplomatic and never let this customer get to him. I saw the customer leave with a smile and this was because of Douglas. Ok, the hotel was great as well, very clean and bathrooms very clean as well. I would clearly stay here again while traveling. Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Roger G, Manager at Fairfield Inn Jackson, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Jackson. We have a wonderful staff and I hope you will vist us again on your next trip to the area. Thanks very much for the positive comments for Douglas.
Regards
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Comfortable beds, breakfast is good, very clean, staff is top notch, and the best part of it all is it is not run down like so many highway hotels are. Once again, the Marriott brand for the win. You just can't go wrong with their efforts that they seem to put behind the name on every property out there. Always renovating and staying ahead of the times. I am thankful for this property as it comes as a welcome relief in a sea of horrible hotels along the interstates of this country.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
LaChanze C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Jackson, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
We appreciate your feedback about your stay! Thank you for staying with us while in Jackson, MS!
Bennington, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Upon check-in was graciously greeted by Jordan, who was absolutely fabulous! Noticed he was extremely helpful to others behind me--a wonderful representative of Fairfield Inn!!
Beautiful hotel and the rooms are superior--only one bad experience was starting at about 6am, the noise from ajoining rooms showers was very disturbing--the noise from the pipes never stopped--realize, not anyones fault, but its out there.
Beautiful breakfast area and very good breakfast choices, definately better than most!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your feedback about your stay! We are glad to hear how your stay went. Thank you for staying with us while in Jackson, MS!
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Overnight stay in Jackson at the Fairfield Inn was very comfortable and very economical. The room was clean and the breakfast was up to standard. Overall a good stay that we will return when in Jackson again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us while in Jackson, MS! We appreciate your feedback on your stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Jackson!
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Convenient location of I-55; clean comfortable room; bed was outstanding; breakfast food bar was very clean and good; Coffee could have been a little better;I left a item in my room call the Inn they located it and upon my return I retrieved it this was great staff service; Staff was great; Highly recommend this establishment.

Room Tip: Ask for a discount.