“Clean, quiet and adequate” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #11 of 47 Hotels in Jackson
Birmingham, Alabama
“Clean, quiet and adequate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I've stayed here at this hotel once before and had a similar experience as this past one. The hotel is in an older part of town and matches the surrounding area's look and feel. However, upon arriving and actually walking in, you'll see it has received some renovations and updating. My hotel rooms both times were very clean and fairly updated. You could tell as there were new shower curtains, new linens and just seemed like everything had been replaced or refurbished. That was a good thing.

A good hot, comfortable shower is very important to me, so if I have a good shower, that usually bodes well for the hotel. At this hotel it was a very clean shower, tall shower head and good water pressure. Trust me, this is important as I've been at other nicer chains where this was lacking and made for a poor experience.

The staff was very friendly upon checkin and checkout. No issues to report that required their assistance. The breakfast was what you would expect at a Fairfield Inn/Hampton Inn. I prefer a little more for breakfast than what these chains offer, but don't penalize them in this area unless it's just awful.

As to what one reviewer said about the high police presence, yes they are correct. This may not be the best part of Jackson and I would encourage caution at night. However, I never once felt unsafe while staying at this location.

Bottom line: I liked this hotel and I would stay here again. It would not be my first choice for Jackson if I had choices, but it definitely fits the bill when you just need a place to stay without too many frills like a Residence Inn or Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
LaChanze C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Jackson, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
We appreciate you choosing to stay with us while in Jackson, MS! We appreciate your feedback about your stay as we strive to exceed guest expectations. Again, thank you for your business!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Odessa, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is #1 in Jackson???? Come on!!! We have been on a road trip and have followed your advice up to this point with pleasant results, but this place is pathetic. It's old and moldy and seems to be in a high crime area, thank God there is a high police presence here, we saw a number of arrest last night in this area. The staff was fine, but breakfast, a frozen burrito or cereal to choose from, by far the worst I've had on this trip. The place was noisy with kids running up and down the hall, someone was banging on doors last night. I hope you will do better on your choice of number 1 in the future, because I really feel ripped off right now and will not be back here, and it makes me question staying in Jackson at all.

Room Tip: Don.t stay here!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
LaChanze C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Jackson, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
On behalf of me and my staff we apologize about your experience while you were with us in Jackson, MS. We would like to make things right for you. If you would like to speak with us please call us at your convenience.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice hotel, clean rooms, comfortable and spacious. The staff was helpful and friendly. One bit of feedback to management, you gym has decent space but your equipment is dated. The treadmill is fine, but the universal weight machine is old, bulky and useless. It's just wasted real estate, get rid of it, all you need in it's place is another treadmill, a bench and a dumb bell rack/weights for a nice work out room. thanks!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
LaChanze C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Jackson, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
We appreciate your feedback on your stay! We are glad everything was great and hear you on the exercise equipment! Thank you again for choosing to stay with us while you were in Jackson, MS!
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

stayed here for business and was totally happy. Very friendly front desk -- could not have been more welcoming. Clean room with everything I needed ( OK -- a magnifying mirror for make up would be welcome..) Other than that... great stay.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor -- easy access to breakfast and the side door.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
LaChanze C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Jackson, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
My staff and I are happy to hear about your stay with us while in Jackson, MS! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again on your next stay!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our family stayed here over the holidays on our way to Texas. After 10 hours on the road with 3 young children, it was the perfect stop. Picked for indoor pool, but room was clean, breakfast was great, and quiet rest. Would stay again!

• Stayed December 2012
LaChanze C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Jackson, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
We appreciate you and your family choosing to stay with us while you were in Jackson, MS! My staff and I appreciate the feedback on your stay as we strive to give clean, fresh rooms. Thank you again for staying at our hotel!
Troy, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We loved the hospitality, the clean rooms and nice breakfast area and food. Very nice experience. The staff was very friendly, the exercise room had one machine not working but it was a good treadmill. The pool area looked great; I didn't use this.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
LaChanze C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Jackson, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
My staff and I are happy to hear about your stay! We truly appreciate your business with us and hope to serve you again in the future!
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We chose this Fairfield because of past experience with the Fairfield Inn in Rockford, IL. Unfortunately, this one is not of the same caliber. The woman that checked us in was very pleasant and the main living area of our room was nice. It appeared to have been remodeled along the lines of the Rockford Fairfield. Unfortunately, the bathroom appeared to not have been remodeled and was outdated. The breakfast was not very good at all. If you wanted eggs, you had a selection of a bowl of hard boiled eggs. There was greasy sausage to go along with it and not much fruit. We both had glasses of orange juice which was undrinkable. Only after we poured ours from the machine did a woman working there put an out of order sign on it. If she knew it was not making the juice properly, why didn't she tell us when she saw us taking ours?
The guests are a mixed bag and we saw one woman literally standing in line with her thin pajamas on, seemingly unconcerned of what the other's had to see.
The hotel's location is convenient to the freeway but there are a number of them in the same area and we would choose one of them the next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side of the building and on floors other than the first floor would be quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
LaChanze C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Jackson, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
We appreciate your feedback from your stay with us while in Jackson, MS. I apologize about the issues during your stay with us and understand the inconvenience they can cause. We would like to make things right for you! Please give us a call at your convenience.

Been to Fairfield Inn Jackson? Share your experiences!