“Very good value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jackson Downtown - Coliseum

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jackson Downtown - Coliseum to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jackson Downtown - Coliseum
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   310 Greymont Avenue, Jackson, MS 39202 (Formerly Jackson Hotel and Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #9 of 46 Hotels in Jackson
Shrewsbury,
“Very good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Clean large room with a good sized bathroom. Breakfast very basic but on a par with most Hoiday Inns. Friendly staff and very easy to park. Good for overnight stays when a reasonable standard can always be expected from this chain

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
East TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A newer hotel near downtown. I was impressed with the excellent staff and service. If visiting take a walk around downtown. The "Old South" is beautiful in Jackson. Most people I met were friendly and welcoming.
If one wants a good dinner a drive is needed. The only restaurants near are fast food. However only a short trip is needed.
My one gripe---Change the HVAC filters regularly! I hate breathing other peoples air!

Room Tip: Spacious and comfortable, all are fine.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Came across some great reviews, for a night in Jackson it seemed like the perfect place, as it allowed our dog to join us us too.

Booked 3 rooms, all king size, beds were very comfortable, cable was good, wifi a bit of a let down, buffet breakfast was awesome, plenty of choices and free with room hire!

Larry at reception was fantastic, very accommodating, only issue I had was booking online, I thought I booked an early bird saver, wasn't told about deposits for each room, so had to question the charges on my card but Larry squashed any discrepancy for me, would definitely stay there again.

Stayed September 2014
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2015

Met all the basic criteria and easily exceeded expectations.

Warm welcome, nice manager's evening snacks, very good breakfast selections etc

Sleep quality was good despite somewhat harsh feeling sheets.

Overall, Very Good

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2015

Friendly staff, great hot breakfast with lots of choices, clean room, comfortable, had warm/hot water but not hot hot water for shower but place was packed. Was always clean even though any guest were there for livestock show at Dixie Nat. Great proximity to fairgrounds but I'd just on interstate (short drive) to Pearl/Jackson to eat.

• Stayed February 2015
Jacksonville, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2015

Stayed here based on the fact that it was a "host hotel" for the Mississippi Blues Marathon, but the staff didn't even seem to know that there were a few dozen racers staying in the hotel. When I arrived I was told breakfast would be at 7am and that is the same time the race was scheduled to start. When I mentioned the fact that they were supposed to be serving early for the racers (according to the race website and even in the email from the hotel confirming my reservation) they said they would set out some cereal but that the hot food wouldn't be ready until 7am. If I could have cancelled my reservation at that point I would have moved next door to the Hampton Inn (their breakfast is always at 6am), but it would have just been throwing money away so I finished checking in and checked out the room.

The best thing about this particular HIE is that the room was spacious. Crazy high ceilings, and a separate sitting area with a couch, table & chairs, desk, and more. On the down side the room was poorly lit, hot water for the shower was hard to come by, and the bed was hard making for a rough night of sleep. And those high ceilings? Well that made for poor air circulation which with the cold weather overnight meant that the bedroom was warm-ish and the sitting room was frigid when I got up in the morning.

The next morning they did indeed have cold cereal laid out, and some muffins that didn't look too promising so I ended up going across the road to Waffle House to get a decent breakfast to fuel my race. And when Waffle House is a step up.....

Room Tip: Go next door to the Hampton Inn.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jackson Downtown - Coliseum, responded to this review, February 4, 2015
Dear DavidMc314,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. It's nice to hear that you liked our room and the layout. However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the breakfast arrangement and firm beddings. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience these aspects have caused. I have taken note of your valuable feedback, this will be forwarded to management to consider for improvements.

Once again, we thank you for staying with us. We are looking forward to an opportunity in serving you better on your next visit.

Dianne L
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tuscola, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2015

I was needing a hotel close to the fairgrounds that would allow us to bring our dog with us. The hotel our friends were staying would not allow dogs, so looking on line I found that again the local Holiday Inn did. The hotel was very close to our destination...across the street, so that was good. We arrived early and i confirmed that we could stay there with our dog, I got a recommendation for lunch to return later to check in. The lunch recommendation was excellent and was greatly appreciated. Returning we checked in and were fortunate to be put close to the door, so we could get our dog outside easily enough. Great thinking...we did appreciate. Our room was a corner room and large, clean and very nice overall. It has a small kitchenette of sorts offf to the side....to me it seemed a waste of space....could have been better used ...and it was basic...with built in fridge, water tap and microwave with a countertop and cabinets. there were 2 charis and a table.
THe bed was high and was very comfortable. Our room was quite enough despite the room being next to the busy road. The meal the next morning was typical of Holiday Inn express that I have experienced lately. THe WIFI was not very dependable or very quick. I would stay again if I were bringing a dog with me, but I believe there are less expensive options that would be just as good in that case.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jackson Downtown - Coliseum? Share your experiences!