“Sub par Holiday Inn” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jackson Downtown - Coliseum

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jackson Downtown - Coliseum to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jackson Downtown - Coliseum
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   310 Greymont Avenue, Jackson, MS 39202 (Formerly Jackson Hotel and Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 47 Hotels in Jackson
“Sub par Holiday Inn”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

No guest laundry, the breakfast was probably worst Holiday Inn Express breakfast I've ever had. The eggs were slimy, bread was stale, and the juice machine did not work. The printer didn't work and then hot water was basically non existent.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was having a hard time finding an acceptable hotel for my business stay in Jackson. The reviews of downtown hotels, including of my favorite chain - Hampton Inn - were not favorable. But the Holiday Inn Express next door was a new property and looked promising. The experience was overall good but decidedly mixed.
This is a new property, so it was clean, fresh-smelling and well-maintained - no problems there - with friendly and accommodating staff. The bed was very comfortable, and the heating/AC unit was very quiet, so I was not l disturbed by the noise of it cutting off and on as I often am. The free breakfast was similar to Hampton, but a bit off. The fresh fruit was bruised and tired looking; the English muffins were stale and hard as rocks. If you like biscuits and gravy, then this place is for you, as that looked fresh, at least. So breakfast is OK, but needs some attention.
The hotel has free internet, but I had a lot of difficulty with performance. Either it was very slow to connect, or once you connected the response time was very slow, or it would drop you unexpectedly. Maybe for free I shouldn't complain, and it could be a problem beyond the hotel's control, but I haven't had such extremely poor performance in the past at other hotels.
I would have given the hotel a higher rating but for the breakfast and the WiFi.

Note: The property is next door to the Hampton Downtown Coliseum, so it may suffer from the same challenges with parking when there is a large event at the Fairgrounds. This was not a problem while I was there, but be forewarned that it might be.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel is newly remodeled so the rooms are nicely decorated and very clean. Staff is friendly and accommodating. Breakfast is decent and they have a really cool pancake machine (vs. the standard waffle iron found in most Inns & Suites). Despite all these good things, I still was unable to sleep this Saturday night because Room 218 is facing a hotel street lamp that is beaming into the room (see attached photo). The curtain design only allowed you to close the white sheers! I couldn't close the heavier drapes to block out the light, so my room was lit up all night. Needless to say, I didn't sleep and had a 6 hour drive back to Atlanta the next morning. According to my MisFit Activity tracker, I had 0 hours of deep sleep and about 2 hours of sleep altogether.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that allows sheers and drapes to close, so the night light isn't beaming into the...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Natchez, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We made a last minute decision to stay the night here as a result of my daughters release from Batson Children's Hospital. She was having a lot of pain and bleeding so we felt we needed to stay close to the hospital to be on the safe side. After checking in my daughter went to the loby bathroom and ended up get blood on the floor and potty. I told the guy at the front desk and he looked at me rather rudely and then while we went out to eat put an out of order sign on the door to the loby bathroom instead of cleaning it up. When we returned she again has having bladder spasms and ran to the lobby potty to find it out of order. She ended up using the bathroom in her pants and messing them up because he was to lazy to clean a bathroom. While checking in the same man was just rather unfriendly and added to the stress of the gosh aweful day that we had had with my daughter pain. I will never stay at this hotel again and strongly advise other Batson patient familys to do the same. To pay $150.00 for a top quality hotel and have someone be so rude is unacceptable!!!!

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stopped at this hotel while travelling cross country. I was pleasantly surprised at how kind the staff was. I really appreciated the cleanliness of the hotel, the room, the shower, etc. I also liked the breakfast options. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The staff at this property in my opinion are excellent and offer great service!!! The hotel was clean and very modern. The night desk clerk was prepared and on point with the start of a great night rest. They do personal wake up calls which was a nice touch and not the pre-recorded message. My room was nice and clean. Breakfast was the same as all Holiday Inns. I will stay at this location and have already recommended it to my family and friends. Good Job Jackson, MS!!!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The rooms are well laid out, spacious and with very comfortable beds and luxurious pillows. The shower had great pressure and plenty of hot water. Easy to get to and the breakfast in the morning was a good start to the day

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jackson Downtown - Coliseum? Share your experiences!