“Older property that works well” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
HHonors Double Points!
Ranked #6 of 47 hotels in Jackson
Atlanta, Georgia
“Older property that works well”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Hotel is not very inviting when you pull in so I was very pleased by the reception that I got at check in. The staff is very friendly and helpful and go out of the way to make customers feel welcome. The hotel is older but they are doing a pretty good job of keeping things in order.
Halls are a bit shabby but my room was a pleasant surprise. The room on the fourth floor which is non smoking was very large with a sitting room, bedroom and modified kitchen. Bed was very comfortable and everything was in working order. My only complaint was the condition of the lounge chair which was stained and needed to be cleaned.
I will stay at this hotel again when in Jackson as the rates are very competitive and the service makes up for the aging issues that the facility has.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
JAYost, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Jackson Coliseum, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for your response. You may be interested to know we are slow renewing the property and our rooms, so your next review can read "Older property that works great!"

Thanks - we enjoyed having you here!

194 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This was my first stay at this location and my stay was absolutely wonderful. I stayed 2 nights & had a suite with an adjoining room and both were very clean, the beds were sooo comfortable and the staff was very professional and courteous. The continental breakfast was great and the food was plentiful. Security was present and visable as well as the local police. I felt safe and I will definitely be staying here on my next vist to Jackson. The hotel is located off interstate 55 which was so convenient.I can't say enough about the wonderful staff, from housekeeping, front desk clerks to the attendents at the breakfast bar, everyone were very helpful & so kind!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
JAYost, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Jackson Coliseum, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your kind words, we enjoyed having you with us! And, definately look forward to your next visit!
HARRISON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Room was amazing, clean and comfortable, Staff was super and the coffee was always fresh! Anytime any member of the staff passed me, whether housekeeping or breakfast personnel, the all greeted me and told me to have a great stay...and I did. I will definately be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you - Thank you - Thank you!!!
We enjoyed having you with us, we hope to see you again soon!
Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights for a work trip. Staff was friendly, room was cleaned daily. Breakfast was hit and miss. Water pressure was good in shower. Elevators were extremely slow, but it was no big deal. Overall good stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you, we appreciate you staying with us! Please feel free to share any suggestions as we are always looking for a better way!
Huntington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is my second time staying at this hotel while visiting Jackson and this stay was just as wonderful as the last. The first time I stayed here, I was a little worried about the area, but I have had no safety issues at all either time I've stayed. Seeing security sitting outside as soon as I pull up each time definitely helps relieve my anxiety :).The beds are SO comfortableand the breakfast is great! However, the best part of this hotel is the staff. From the breakfast attendant to housekeeping to the front desk. Every person that I encountered was extremely nice and helpful. I will definitely stay here every time that I come back to visit Jackson!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
JAYost, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Jackson Coliseum, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
We appreciate your very nice words, I will pass along to the entire staff. We look forward to seeing you again!
Summit, Mississippi, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

For my time in Jackson it was very convenient and you couldn't beat the price. The room was extremely nice, the bed was very comfortable, and it had plenty of room. They need to get ESPN U so guest could watch more sporting events.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your response! We'll work on ESPNU (although we are limited to what Comcast offers us!) and see if we can't get it included in our next cable upgrade.
Thanks for your kind words, we hope to see you again!
AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Very disappointing have stayed here in the past the rooms are run down. The night we arrived the hotel had no tv service. And we could not get our room below 78. Be sure to verify you room type before arriving as we were placed in a handicap room. My husband is 6'3 the little bitty showers do not cover him. And the ironing board is meant for a table.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Greetings! We are very sorry we did not meet your expectations, and would like to discuss further if you are so inclined. We truly appreciate your input, and hope you will give us an opportunity to make it right. You can each me at the below email address.
Thanks!
joel.yost@hilton.com

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Jackson Coliseum? Share your experiences!