“EXCELLENT SERVICE!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Inn & Banquet

Budget Inn & Banquet
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jackson
Budget Inn & Banquet
Save Saved
You added Budget Inn & Banquet to your Saves list
1525 Ellis Avenue, Jackson, MS 39204 (Formerly Jacksonian Inn)   |
Ranked #26 of 47 Hotels in Jackson
“EXCELLENT SERVICE!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

We had a party there on May 29th. Sonja was an AMAZING HELP, we had so many random requests and so many problems (on our party planning part) that she went well out of her way to solve. All the waiters were more than amazing and helpful. And the main thing is the hotel is under new owners and management and they really do ask what they can do to improve their service and actually try too if something is at fault. I will definitively do another party there and recommend this to anyone!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
sonjafor4, Director of Sales at Budget Inn & Banquet, responded to this review, June 18, 2010
Your family was an absolute joy to work with. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Couples
Solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010 via mobile

When we came to this [--] we should have known. The room is nasty. The bathrooms floor has brown spot on then,the ceiling in the bathroom are falling down. They have dogs,roaches,rats and silverfish in the room we're in. The carpet has iron marks on them the couch is very nasty. They don't come for room service and they never have towels (not that we use them for our use I put them on the floors in the bathroom) they gave us a room with dog [--]on the floor under the sink. The front desk is rude and they don't care at all. I give this hotel 2 months before they be closed down!

• Stayed May 2010
sonjafor4, Director of Sales at Budget Inn & Banquet, responded to this review, May 6, 2010
Beginning in March of 2010, the hotel has been under new management and the remodeling has begun. Our staff has been reviewed and the appropriate changes have been made.Also, our newly appointed head housekeeper, personally guarantees the cleanliness and comfort of each room. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced & would appreciate the opportunity to serve you again.

Director of Sales
work
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2007

I recieved a discount and that was the only way the room was worth the price. There was nothing terribly wrong with the property. I was just extremely outdated and located in the"hood" In the middle of the night a fight broke out in front of my room.

Stayed November 2007
fort walton beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2007

this hotel was not worth the money, both beds in the room we finally got were broken. the first room we got was not cleaned. the second room had the hot water running constantly and would not shut off so it was like a sauna and the walls and floor were wet. then at night there were people running all around liek a big party place had to call the front desk two times but was told security does not come to work until 11 and they would do something then. the door lock was broken but finally got it to work then it would not unlock in the am so i could leave. called the front desk she said she would call maintenance. after 15 minutes i called the front desk and told her if they could not get the door open i was breaking the window. needs better rooms and needs to be maintained better, bad customer service

• Liked — close to interstate
  • Disliked — broken beds, broken door locks, partiers on property, poor desk service, no maintenance
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Fayetteville, AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2007

I had a good night at this hotel. It is located near downtown along I-20. It is an older property which is undergoing some renovation. My room was clean and satisfactory and the public areas were pleasant. I would stay here again.

Stayed January 2007
Birmingham, AL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2006

Just returned to Birmingham, AL from a convention in Jackson, MS.
This hotel was in terrible condition, I can not believe it can remain open with all the issues we saw.

There were bugs, roaches and silverfish. Also killed two spiders in my room alone. Several others also mentioned the same.

The bathroon ceiling was peeling off and falling.

Some days no room service, and the other days usually about 4 PM.

Water in shower sometimes spelled like urine. Water would also turn extremely HOT without notice. Very dangerous! Also mold and mildew in the bathroom.

Also, we constantly had to go to the office and get new keys. One day I went 4 times for keys, the locks were always changing.

The office and the workers were not helpful and most could not communicate enought to understand what was being requested.

I hope I never experience another hotel in the condition this one is in. ALL of our group should have left the day we arrived!

Stayed August 2006
Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2006

When we arrived at the hotel there was a line so we waited which was not a problem. As I was standing in line there was a crash and something struck the back of my foot so hard it nearly knocked me down. I discovered it was a display they had in the lobby which was made of solid wood. As I am writhing in pain I waited for a staff member to come and assist. No such luck!!! I sat down on the sofa not being able to stand. Finally, my mother had to go and make them file a complaint. I was told that they could call and ambulance to take me to the hospital if I felt I needed to go. I wanted to go so I said yes.

To make a long story short I finally had to drive MYSELF to the hospital use my own insurance to cover the cost and they said they would reimburse me! The first room they assigned me to smelled as if there had been a flood in there. There was mold above the door and the A/C unit had no control buttons-so you could not see what setting it was on. After calling down several times I was finally moved to another room. Not much better! Needless to say since I was on crutches my entire stay because of something that happened in their hotel I would not stay there again if they PAID me!!! If I were you...Stay anywhere else!!!

• Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Budget Inn & Banquet? Share your experiences!