“Pleasant Enough but Small Room” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15% This Summer!
Ranked #6 of 46 Hotels in Jackson
New Orleans
“Pleasant Enough but Small Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The room was clean. But very small for a Courtyard. Too small for a Courtyard. Survivable for a 1 night stay for 3 adults. The shower was easier to work than other Courtyard showers but the surface was slippery. They really need to fix the slippery surface, it was hard for me as I'm not super mobile & I can't afford to fall. We were on the ground floor & the internet worked great. The staff were friendly & courteous. The main lobby was quite big with their bistro & TV booths. They couldn't find the luggage carts when we arrived. So that's a negative. If we had been staying for longer with my usual mountain of luggage that would've been more of a problem. Really this rates 3.5 stars because of the room size & slippery shower. But otherwise pleasant.

Room Tip: The ground floor had excellent internet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Farah J, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Jackson, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your response. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We have improved some things since your stay. We now offer shower slip guards upon guest request. So next time you are staying with us please let us know and we can get you one during your stay. Also next time you are with us since the room wasnt large enough for you and your family, how about try out a suite? These are larger and may be a better fit for you and your family. Thanks again and please let us know if we can do anything else for you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Marriott has lost me forever! Do not waste your money on this dump. This old gal is well past her prime but they are still charging prime prices. Our room had worn, dirty and stained carpet. Uncomfortable is not enough to describe the bed. I can only describe it as a torture device. The ice machine was broken and I could not find a working one in the entire establishment. When I went to the front desking asking about ice they sent me to the bar where a surly bartender gave me 10 cubes of ice but not without being rude about it. The only good thing I can say about this establishment is that the desk clerk who checked us in was friendly. This establishment should be reduced to a transit hotel because it looks and smells like one! If when had not be so tired and it had not been late I would have never stayed in this place!!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Farah J, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Jackson, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I have tried contacting you via inbox on tripadvisor but I cant seem to get your information to look into this situation. If you could please inbox me your name so I can look into this. In the past we have had individuals fill out surveys for Courtyard but it should be for another local hotel, please if you could inbox me back I would greatly appreciate it.
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was a little hesitant to stay here as it look like another dated Courtyard. This hotel is nice, clean and well maintained. I wish every Courtyard was as nice as this. The staff is both professional and friendly. The room was well appointed and it was a great stay.

One added benefit is that the folks a the Courtyard in Jackson still have free early morning coffee. While Marriott is trying to squeeze another buck (well, maybe $10) from their customers by killing the lobby coffee and selling overpriced Starbucks, these guys understand what traveling customers want and need.

My compliments to the folks at the Courtyard Jackson - good job!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have stayed here twice in the last month and both rooms were clean, modern and comfortable. I do wish they soundproofed the rooms a bit more, both along the corridor and the windows to the courtyard. I could hear two people on the other side carrying on a conversation and I was on the second floor. That is really the only negative. the staff was extremely friendly. In addition to a small convenience store, they have a bistro right there in the lobby that sells select Starbucks drinks. Good amount of restaurants in the area too. I did not use the pool, but it looked very clean.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed 3 night and used this motel as base of operations for visits within 150 miles of Jackson. The staff was very accommodating, providing several comfort items not usually provided. The housekeeping staff was very friendly and thorough. The beds were excellent.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Excellent hotel, the rooms were super, the staff were very nice, the price was competitive with the other hotels around, it was in a excellent location wig plenty of places to eat, shopping malls, and even a movie theater

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

The staff of the hotel were are very professional and helpful, the shower and bed were perfect. Hi def 42 inch tv. Nice hot tub. All in all a great place to stay. The libby bar was nice and they had free good coffee every morning. Also plenty of need papers. Angle at the front desk was fanyastic

• Stayed April 2013
Farah J, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Jackson, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your response! We will see you on your next trip to Jackson, MS.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Jackson? Share your experiences!