“Perfect place for while away on business.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Jackson
“Perfect place for while away on business.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I have referred several out of town business associates here. The staff is very friendly. The rooms are clean and smell good. The beds are very comfortable with up to date linens and decor. I overall nice place.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Shreveport, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I had to find a hotel for business in Jackson, MS. The Courtyard was one of the three recommended. Check in was a breeze. I have Marriott Rewards, so they had my information on file and sent my receipt by e-mail (as well as putting one under the door the morning I left). Staff was friendly, room was comfortable, bed was comfortable. The towels were big, but a bit thin. But they were absorbant. Internet was free and easy to access. They did offer food in the lobby for a price. I didn't use the pool nor the exercise facilties. Parking was convenient. I did have a small refrigerator in my room, but no microwave oven (did not have the upgraded room). There is a microwave in the little store area that anyone can use (to heat up food purchased in their store area or elsewhere). There are a lot of restaurants close by, some within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Ocala, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We recently stayed at this Courtyard and found it to be very nice. Our check in was quick and the agent was very friendly. Our room was very clean & quiet....we had no problems whatsoever. There are a couple restaurants within walking distance...we chose Zaxby's for something light and quick and also there is a mall very close....if you need something or just want to do some walking.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I was in Jackson on business and selected this Marriott property because of the good rate. Unfortunately, things went downhill from there.

None of my Elite program preferences were honored with my room. I had a first-floor room, no extra pillows and no extra towels. When my room key stopped working on the second day, I went to the front desk, bad key in hand. Standing there, the desk clerk asked if I was checking in. Really? With a room key already in hand?

My first-floor room was poolside, which meant I got that noise during the day and early evening, along with incredibly loud music in a nearby room most of the first evening there.

Worst of all, at the end of the trip, I realized I had been charged a higher rate on two of my three nights than I had received in my confirmation. I am currently in the midst of extended e-mail exchanges with Marriott on that matter.

On future trips to Jackson, I will avoid this Marriott property.

Room Tip: Higher floor away from the pool in late spring and summertime.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I was only in the room to sleep on my way to New Orleans but the bed was comfortable and the room very clean. The lobby and dining area was spotless. But the best part? I had free WIFI. Or I thought I did. An electrical storm kick off the system and I had no wifi! All that excitement for nothing. But I did send off a quick note to Marriott to says thanks for trying! Now, if only they would include breakfast, I would be happy. The next morning we had wireless back but I had to get on down the road. Glad I chose this facility for a quick overnight. I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Just stayed here for a couple of nights over this past week to and from a trip to New Orleans. Hotel has been recently renovated and is nice and modern. Great loooking bistro and bar area with plently of casual dining and working spaces. Rooms are spacious and modern. Good size bathrooms, tubs, and sink areas. Very clean common areas and rooms. Nice pool with enclosed hot tub in the courtyard. I did put "for the most part" because on our first night's stay we experienced loud music and yelling coming from a parking lot behind the hotel where crowds come after the bars close. We discovered that the windows on the rooms are thin and ours couldnt' close completely. The noise didn't end until the police finally drove them away. The next morning, I alerted the front desk associate when we checked out. He didn't seem very concerned. I guess I was hoping he would be and perhaps even comp a breakfast for us. On our second stay, I requested a courtyard room and we slept very sound. If we overnight in Jackson again, we'll make sure to stay here. Oh, did I mention we paid $50 on Priceline for these rooms? You can't beat that!

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard room. Book it through priceline for a good deal!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is a really nice hotel, very clean 1 bedroom suite, quite on the 3rd floor, very helpful courteous staff, close walking to all retail stores and eating spots. Free wi-fi which is an extra plus. Vertical pool view from this room. Great wide screen HTDV's with free premium channels. Yes, I will visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: My suite was on the 3rd floor on the pool side of the hotel. Yes, I could see a vertical view of the...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family