“Business trip” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 47 Hotels in Jackson
Abbeville, United States
“Business trip”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This was the worst experience at a HILTON hotel I have ever had. I will not stay at this hotel again. The smell of vomit and mold over came my young daughter and myself, to the point where I had to go and purchase a candle to try and cover the smell so we could sleep in the room.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Jackson, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have always enjoyed this hotel. Their bedding is soft and wonderful.... and the lounge usually has live music and great drinks. The food has always been exceptional as well :) The staff is always eager to please and the pool area is large enough to accommodate large groups of people swimming.

Mahopac
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This Hilton is in a very convenient location, and is what you've come to expect from a Hilton property. This is my hotel of choice when on business in Mississippi. Very close to I55, makes commuting easy. A great choice of restaurants in the area from fast food to moderate to upscale. I've stayed at the Hilton Jackson several times and my room has always been neat, clean and odor-free (very important if you've ever been in a stinky room).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Madison, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

LOVED this place. Everyone was VERY friendly. They made my visit for business a very pleasant one. I will frequent The Hilton -Jackson for all of my future business/personal needs when I am in the area. The staff is AWESOME!!!! I truly enjoyed their hospitality. They get the pleasing people concept!!! THANK YOU!!!

mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I was overcharged on account used. I noticed on the bill, items listed I never received on that date. I called the manager to discuss this matter . She stated she would check into it. Two days pass by and I hadn't received a call back from this manager. I received a call from someone else to tell me what the manager said about the account. I expressed to staff I was not happy with that decision and i wish to speak with the manager. I feel as I was given the run around with this matter. I have been treated as I had done something wrong when they know that the staff didn't do their job. It has been 2 weeks and this matter is still not resolved. I called the first part of the week after I was told last week I would see a credit on the account used. This has not been taken care and I have not received the itemized bill I was promised 3 days ago. I have lost all trust in this management due to the way I have been treated on this account. I have always spoke highly of Hilton and spend lots of money here. When my guest come in town, this is where I booked their rooms. I feel I should have received better service on this matter. Treat all patrons the same with honesty, respect and dignity . I'm very loyal to Hilton & I expect Hilton to be loyal to me. All I expect . Nothing more. Thank you

Stayed August 2013
HiltonJackson, General Manager at Hilton Jackson, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Your review leaves us perplexed. I have talked with all of my managers and no one is aware of any situation similar to what you are describing. Are you certain that you are referring to the Hilton Hotel on County LIne Road in Jackson MS? I do not have any way to contact you through trip advisor. Would you be so kind as to call me at 601-957-2800 so that I may personally talk with you about this matter and we can get it resolved to everyone's satisfaction. Thank You,

Skipper Westbrook
Ocean Springs, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I was extremely satisfied with presentation, services received, quality of service, the people are so kind to you and want to help you with anything you might need and the executive lounge was wonderful

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

anywhere
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The hotel staff was great. Every staff member I encountered was cheerful, friendly, and professional. The breakfast buffet and a huge variety of choices. If it weren't for the facilities, I would have rated this hotel higher.

Aside from the unavoidable inconveniences of the remolding activity, I expected a bit more from a Hilton. There were no hand towels in the bathroom. However, I'm not sure there was room for one on the tiny sink/counter. I had to put the makeup mirror on the floor to make room for the soap dish to wash my hands! Also, the ice machine was broken on my floor (concierge level!).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Jackson? Share your experiences!