“Educators need to be kept happy!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 47 Hotels in Jackson
Pace, United States
“Educators need to be kept happy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The MS professional Educators Assn., of which I am a member hosted its annual one-day conference at the Jackson Hilton, Sat., April 13, 2013. The food served at the conference luncheon was below standard (uncooked pork) and undercooked wild rice. My Saturday night stay at the hotel was pleasant - comfortable bed, no face cloths in the bathroom, and a horrible smell even for a "smoking room." I will do it again next second Saturday in April and pray for improvements.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

the beds are old and saggy which gave me a back ache each morning; the hotel is older and smells of moldy, mustiness; walls and doors so thin I could hear eveyone in the halls talking:/ the area is not safe to walk around in or even down the street to get a cup of coffee; it is far from the nice new shopping mall in Ridgeland but that mall is worth going to! the BUFFET meal was fantasic ! home southern cooking with catfish, pulled pork, etc was great; Sunday brunch buffet great too ! worth my $ spent on those meals!

Room Tip: not near the elevator because you can hear everyone coming down the halls;
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HiltonJackson, General Manager at Hilton Jackson, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. We begin a complete renovation in May that will remedy the condition of the furnishings in the room. We are one of the few hotels in the Jackson area that employes 24 hour security in the building and parking lot. The Renaissance Mall which is Mississippi's premiere shopping venue is located 3 miles from the Hotel at the second exit off the Interstate north of the Hotel. We are proud of our food quality and the staff that prepares it. We look forward to welcoming you our completely remodeled Hotel and sleeping rooms in the near future.

Mooreville, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

There is just no better place to meet in Central Mississippi. The hotel is first class in all aspects of hospitality. The restaurant, and therefore convention meals, are great. The meeting rooms are well-kept with comfortable seating and excellent electronics. I must add that I have been there for at least one meeting or convention for each of the last ten or fifteen years and I have never been disappointed.
Last week I checked out and forgot my cell phone charger. When I missed it and called them, they were very pleasant and agreed to mail it to me promptly...at no charge.
From my latest visit I have concluded that they intend to STAY ahead of the pack in Jackson!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words concerning your recent stay and meeting at the Hilton-Jackson. We are proud of our staff and our services, our Huntington's Grille and Wellington's Buffets have a large local following as well as the patronage of our Hotel Guests. In order to stay ahead of all of the other Hotels in Jackson we begin a major renovation in May that includes all of the Public and Banquet spaces as well as the sleeping rooms. We look forward to having you here for many years to come. Thank you again for your response.

Starkville, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This hotel has been around a long time but is well taken care of. The rooms are cleaned very well, the lobby is very comfortable, and the bar is very well run. Every person that I dealt with was extremely polite and concerned that the stay was pleasurable. The exercise facility is on site and easily accessible. Even though it was too cool to swim the pool was sparkling clear. This is an excellent hotel with wonderful employees.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Hilton-Jackson. Our staff is proud to be in the Hospitality business and takes the vision of Conrad Hilton to heart. It is our great pleasure to serve all of the many Guests who pass through our doors. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton-Jackson on your next visit.

New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed here with family one night unexpectedly. Plumbing issues at a friend's house caused us to have to stay elsewhere. The Hilton was our choice b/c of it's location and price. The price is reasonable. The whole place is just outdated. The rooms had comfy beds and nice tvs. But, the decor was old both in rooms and in lobby. The service was fine but not exceptional. The location is good. I've heard good things about the adjacent restaurant but never eaten there. I'd probably choose the brand new Embassy Suites just up the road a bit next time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate your taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We agree that some of our furnishings are a little dated. We are beginning a renovation of all furnishings and decor in the Lobby, Banquet Areas, and Sleeping Rooms next month, finishing in August. We look forward to your next trip to Jackson and welcoming you back to the Hilton-Jackson.

Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I expected better in a Hilton. It started that night when water started leaking from the light in the overhead of the bathtub. I called the front desk to report it and they did nothing for me. So I called the Hilton main customer service and they did even worse telling me to talk to the manager. I shouldn't of had to go that far.
Then came the neighbors in a connecting room. They were laughing it up and chatting until 2am. After the initial impression of the staff solving a problem I chose to just live with it.
I can not for the life recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced. This should not have happend and our response was not the level of service that I expect from my Hotel Staff. I have used your comment as a training exercise for my front desk staff to correct the lack of response to your needs. I would like for you to contact me so that I may correct this lack of service on our part.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here for a short amount of time and thought it was a very nice hotel! The interior is very well kept, the clear elevator shaft to get up to the room is a nice touch. The room itself is okay, you can tell its getting a little dated, but the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom is spacious. The diamond member lounge was great, we frequented there and the staff was very nice and accommodating. This is a large-scale hotel for the area and I would highly recommend it if you are looking for a nice place to stay in Jackson.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words on your recent stay with us. Our Honors Lounge staff is rated one of the best in the Hilton Americas, they are extremely proud of the job they do and show it every day. We look forward on welcoming you back to the Hilton Jackson on your next visit to the area.

Skipper Westbrook

Been to Hilton Jackson? Share your experiences!