“nice hilton, great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 47 Hotels in Jackson
Chicago, Illinois
“nice hilton, great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here for a short amount of time and thought it was a very nice hotel! The interior is very well kept, the clear elevator shaft to get up to the room is a nice touch. The room itself is okay, you can tell its getting a little dated, but the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom is spacious. The diamond member lounge was great, we frequented there and the staff was very nice and accommodating. This is a large-scale hotel for the area and I would highly recommend it if you are looking for a nice place to stay in Jackson.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonJackson, General Manager at Hilton Jackson, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for your kind words on your recent stay with us. Our Honors Lounge staff is rated one of the best in the Hilton Americas, they are extremely proud of the job they do and show it every day. We look forward on welcoming you back to the Hilton Jackson on your next visit to the area.

Skipper Westbrook

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Daphne, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I arrive with the Sweet Potato Queens in March and have for several years. We overwhelm these wonderful and welcoming people for several days with sequins, boas, tiaras, fabulous outfits, we get really loud & it is unbelievable after all these years, they still love us. We love them back. Skip Westbrook is the best manager and has the staff to accommodate any given group- Billie and his staff in reservations, Martha & Cindy making sure everything is okay with food & everything else, Jannie & Lisa, who have the best housekeeping staff anywhere, John, my favorite bartender, Danny and Arthur who take such good care of us dragging all of our stuff to our rooms, the restaurant is so fine, especially breakfast!! Ask for Paula, she is the best. Want dinner? Go to Huntington's next door. Fabulous! I go to this Hilton 4 times a year for other reasons and it's the best!

Room Tip: I like the 11th floor. I don't think it really matters, I have stayed in many and they are all...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
We value our relationship with the Sweet Potato Queens and HRH Jill Conner Browne. This is always a fun event for the Staff and helps to raise money for a wonderful cause, the Batson Children's Hospital here in Jackson. We look forward to continuing this long standing event and can't wait to welcome you back to the Hilton-Jackson.

Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I put on conferences all over the country and I have never met a staff as cheerfully cooperative as these and we had I had over 500 participants. Sure, there were issues, but they were resolved immediately - with smiles. I would take a conference there again in a heartbeat - and I would order the Tuscan chicken again as well. I especially commend the registration staff. They went "over the top" to help me and my participants. If you get a chance to put on a conference there, please do so. You will be glad you did.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words. This really means something to us coming from someone who plans meetings across the country. i can't say it enough how proud the Staff at this Hotel makes me. They are the life blood of this Grand Ole Hotel and are truly the finest Hospitality Staff in this State. We look forward to hosting your next event at the Hilton-Jackson.

Florence, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Wonderful place and very nice employees! Keep up the great work!
Had a great time! The Security was always around for our comfort and we never had
to wait for things if we needed them. Great staff, they are what makes a place runs
and feel good!
See you next time...............

Room Tip: Corner King suites are perfect!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent visit to the Hilton-Jackson. Our Staff enjoys what they do and it shows. We are looking forward to our renovation that will begin in May and will bring the furnishings and decorations back on par with any Hotel in the country. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit with us at the Hilton-Jackson.

Foley, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Where to begin? From making the reservation until I leave each time I stay, it is a wonderful experience. For someone who travels with their job, you could not ask for more. It is so nice to end a long day of driving or meetings with the genuine 'southern hospitality'. The parking lot is well lit and the facilities are well-appointed. It's nice to have a good selection of food choices available without having to get back in the car. As for the rooms, they are always fresh and well cleaned for each new guest. The bathroom is always clean and they have the very best hotel bath lighting I have ever found. The bed linens are so fresh and comfortable they practically say 'come in and make yourself at home'. And since I work, I must mention, it is great to have enough electctrial outlets, a comfortable space to work and a fully-functional business center (printers actually work).
I saved the best and one of the most important compliments till last: The employees are remarkable! They are truly in the business of 'taking care of the guest'. Everyone is nice, polite, professional, knowlegable and fully engaged in making each guest have a great experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay at the Hilton-Jackson. We strive every day to give our Guests the experience that you describe. I am extremely proud of the Staff we have at this Hotel and their commitment to the vision of our founder,
Conrad Hilton. We look forward to welcoming you on your next stay with us at the Hilton-Jackson.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I don't understand the good reviews on this hotel. Maybe I am missing something,but my stay was not pleasant. From the looks of the outside of the hotel you would it expect the rooms to be just as nice. Wrong. My husband had a conference the next day in Flowood and we arrived at the hotel late in the evening. There was an extremely loud band playing in the lobby and we could barely hear to check in. Once we got to our room it was musty and smelled of cigarettes. Everything looked sticky and unclean. The wallpaper was peeling off the walls in some places and there was a huge red stain on the carpet by the door. The bed was small and not comfortable and we could hear the band playing even on the third floor. There was mold in the shower and the mat in the tub was torn and looked dirty. We were booked for 2 nights and ended up canceling our 2nd and booked a room in Flowood. Come on Hilton, I expected better from you!

• Stayed March 2013
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I spent the past weekend at the Hilton in Jackson, MS. We were there for a parade/celebration. From the moment we pulled up in the taxi we were greeted with huge smiles and a warm welcome! The front desk staff was so accommodating and expressed their happiness to see us all. The rooms were spotless, and the beds are the most comfortable I've ever experienced. The down comforters are so cozy! They had drink specials for us, a personalized menu and fabulous entertainment. We truly felt as though we were very very special. Even if you are not there for a convention, and are just looking for a classy, accommodating warm and hospitable place to stay...the Hilton Jackson is the place to be! Everyone, from the General Manager, to housekeeping has a huge smile and a desire to make you very happy. See you again, soon!

Room Tip: Great values on the suites if you are traveling with a few friends.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
HiltonJackson, General Manager at Hilton Jackson, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Hilton-Jackson! Your comfort and experience here means everything to us. We are excited to know that you were comfortable and had a great experience. Hospitality is our forte' and we take pride it showing it to our guests. We look forward to greeting you and to having you stay with us again!

Skipper Westbrook

Been to Hilton Jackson? Share your experiences!