“Good conference hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 47 Hotels in Jackson
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Good conference hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The best hotel in Jackson for large conferences. We had no water in any of the rooms for a large conference this year and I was very surprised that there was little attempt to make customers feel better about a basic service. It was not the hotels fault but I still expected more.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Daleville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We unexpectedly had to stop in Jackson because of car trouble on I-20. As a Marriott Rewards member I made a last second reservation at the downtown Jackson Marriott. I was very impressed by the staff there. They were very friendly and courteous and went out of their way to make our unexpected stay very delightful. The room was nice and the location was very good. The only negative I can give Marriott is their additional charge for Internet instead of making it inclusive in the room price. Other than that I highly recommend this accommodation.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Aledo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stayed here during the International Ballet Competition in June. This was the host hotel for the ballet. The hotel is very nice, $12 for parking, very friendly staff that was extrememly helpful. The bar is great for food & drink. I had to call the front desk one night at 1 am because my neighbors were loud and they promptly asked the guests to quiet down. The maids did forget to clean my room one day, no I didn't call the front desk at 5 pm to tell them. I would stay here again, especially during the ballet. My complaint is that the downtown area closes up for the weekend, no restaurants outside the hotel were open - completely dead! We even found other restaurants that I had read about on trip advisor were closed Sat & Sun - what a bummer!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
401 College Street, Senatobia, MS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

It's a downtown hotel. Location is terrific. The hotel was grand in it's day but is lacking today's amenities and space.
Here is the good and bad:
1. Lobby is gorgeous and my congratulation to the maintenance team who polishes the floors.
2. Very snippy and rude front desk clerk. Last thing I expected was attitude after a long journey. Very surprising.
3. Caught several members of the staff in the elevators, usually changing their shifts. Everyone was great, very kind.
4. Wonderful room service available.
5. Parking in a garage and cost is extra.
6. No internet.
7. Trouble accessing email for smartphones.
8. Breakfast is additional charge, $10 for buffet, problem with my tickets.
9. Restaurant is lovely. Wish I had time to dine.
10. Room was small. Two double beds only. Very clean and appealing.
11. Everyone looking for a tip. Be ready.
12. Mentally stuck in 1985. Needs an update in management.
13. Incredibly good bath soap.

Room Tip: Unless you need the location, stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
JacksonMarriott, General Manager at Jackson Marriott, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with the Jackson Marriott. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback. Can you share with me who the front desk agent was that you interacted with?

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

David R.
Jackson, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

My kids were begging to stay overnight at a hotel (they're young, so the idea of staying in a hotel is exciting to them). We chose the Jackson Marriott because I had a free night certificate to use that was expiring soon. The lobby was clean, the staff seemed nice enough. However, our room was small, and the toilet looked like it had not been cleaned in quite a while (brown stains on the inside, gross!). Maybe they gave us a small room because I was using a free night certificate, but the hotel did not appear to be crowded. My kids loved the pool. It large (3 feet at one end, 8 feet at the other) and surprising clean. There is also a smaller 2 foot deep wading pool. I would not discourage someone from staying at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
JacksonMarriott, General Manager at Jackson Marriott, responded to this review, June 13, 2014

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future. Can you share with me who you might have reported the issues to?
David Romines
General Manger
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

The customer service at this Marriott was exceptional! The staff were very attentive and polite. The hotel decor was warm and inviting. The room was very clean and comfortable. I would stay here again!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Vicksburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

The motel is nice, however there are some problems. The magnetic key cards would erase if placed close to your cell phone or in your wallet next to a credit card or if the sky was blue. There is NO free internet access in the room. I was there as part of a convention and the restaurant was unprepared for the sudden influx of guests on the last morning of our convention.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
JacksonMarriott, Manager at Jackson Marriott, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Charles,

You indicated in your response that your key deactivated for your room .can you share with me who you might have reported this to as well as what room you were in? Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

DAVID ROMINES
Jackson Marriott
gm761@columbiasussex.com
601-969-5100

Been to Jackson Marriott? Share your experiences!