“Stayed here during Ballet Comp.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #10 of 46 Hotels in Jackson
Aledo, Texas
“Stayed here during Ballet Comp.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stayed here during the International Ballet Competition in June. This was the host hotel for the ballet. The hotel is very nice, $12 for parking, very friendly staff that was extrememly helpful. The bar is great for food & drink. I had to call the front desk one night at 1 am because my neighbors were loud and they promptly asked the guests to quiet down. The maids did forget to clean my room one day, no I didn't call the front desk at 5 pm to tell them. I would stay here again, especially during the ballet. My complaint is that the downtown area closes up for the weekend, no restaurants outside the hotel were open - completely dead! We even found other restaurants that I had read about on trip advisor were closed Sat & Sun - what a bummer!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
401 College Street, Senatobia, MS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

It's a downtown hotel. Location is terrific. The hotel was grand in it's day but is lacking today's amenities and space.
Here is the good and bad:
1. Lobby is gorgeous and my congratulation to the maintenance team who polishes the floors.
2. Very snippy and rude front desk clerk. Last thing I expected was attitude after a long journey. Very surprising.
3. Caught several members of the staff in the elevators, usually changing their shifts. Everyone was great, very kind.
4. Wonderful room service available.
5. Parking in a garage and cost is extra.
6. No internet.
7. Trouble accessing email for smartphones.
8. Breakfast is additional charge, $10 for buffet, problem with my tickets.
9. Restaurant is lovely. Wish I had time to dine.
10. Room was small. Two double beds only. Very clean and appealing.
11. Everyone looking for a tip. Be ready.
12. Mentally stuck in 1985. Needs an update in management.
13. Incredibly good bath soap.

Room Tip: Unless you need the location, stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
JacksonMarriott, General Manager at Jackson Marriott, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with the Jackson Marriott. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback. Can you share with me who the front desk agent was that you interacted with?

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

David R.
Jackson, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

My kids were begging to stay overnight at a hotel (they're young, so the idea of staying in a hotel is exciting to them). We chose the Jackson Marriott because I had a free night certificate to use that was expiring soon. The lobby was clean, the staff seemed nice enough. However, our room was small, and the toilet looked like it had not been cleaned in quite a while (brown stains on the inside, gross!). Maybe they gave us a small room because I was using a free night certificate, but the hotel did not appear to be crowded. My kids loved the pool. It large (3 feet at one end, 8 feet at the other) and surprising clean. There is also a smaller 2 foot deep wading pool. I would not discourage someone from staying at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
JacksonMarriott, General Manager at Jackson Marriott, responded to this review, June 13, 2014

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future. Can you share with me who you might have reported the issues to?
David Romines
General Manger
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

The customer service at this Marriott was exceptional! The staff were very attentive and polite. The hotel decor was warm and inviting. The room was very clean and comfortable. I would stay here again!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Vicksburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

The motel is nice, however there are some problems. The magnetic key cards would erase if placed close to your cell phone or in your wallet next to a credit card or if the sky was blue. There is NO free internet access in the room. I was there as part of a convention and the restaurant was unprepared for the sudden influx of guests on the last morning of our convention.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
JacksonMarriott, Manager at Jackson Marriott, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Charles,

You indicated in your response that your key deactivated for your room .can you share with me who you might have reported this to as well as what room you were in? Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

DAVID ROMINES
Jackson Marriott
gm761@columbiasussex.com
601-969-5100
Keller, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Positives: Exceeded our expectations for the area.
Staff was extremely attentive and polite.
Room was clean and comfortable.
Food was moderately priced and delicious. (Miss Sunshine is a great cook)
• Pool was clean and exercise equipment was in working condition.
Negatives:
• It is a Ghost town on the weekend and all restaurants outside hotel were closed.
• A breakdown in communication of staff caused an employee to barge into our room at midnight by mistake, scarring us half to death. ( no knock ) Learned our lesson to use the security latch.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
glendora, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

the first time we got there it was hard to find because of all the one-way streets that you had to navigate to get to the entrance it isn't easy to locate the first time and the signage is non-existant, which could have helped after that it is pretty easy the parking is attached to the hotel which is nice of course, there is a charge for parking but it is downtown and it is cheaper than nyc or los angeles or san Francisco, etc the nice part is that you are right in the middle of everything: the new capital and the old capital museum, the governor's mansion, etc there are restaurants nearby and it is a nice area to walk around, it appeared safe in the day but I don't know about night we enjoyed the area and used the time there to catch up on things that we needed to do there is a mall area pretty near by by interstate

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple