“very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Jackson
Booneville, Mississippi
“very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stayed there the night before the Mississippi BLues Marathon. The hotel is a Marriott. That says much; however, we were disappointed that we did not get the king size bed we had asked for. The room was also somewhat small. I am not sure that this place lives up to its reputation.

Room Tip: Be sure what kind of room you are getting.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Little Rock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed here during the Mississippi Blues Marathon.
Location: The hotel is within in walking distance to the Convention Center and very convenient to I-55 exit

Check-in: check in was easy and now with the Marriott app, you can check in before arrival

Room: We were on the top floor (15) and had a double bed room. The room was roomy and the hotel supplied us with extra towels. The hot water pressure was very good. I was concerned because the hotel was booked and everyone seemed to be at the hotel for the race. I will be honest, the fabric in the rooms are "old school" Marriott and do know look like they've been updated but I have no complaints about how anything functions. The phone in the room was a cordless phone and truthfully I forgot how to work it. It took a few minutes for me to remember. I had free wifi ONLY because I'm a gold member. Otherwise wifi is $12.95 ... Personally I believe wifi should be FREE to ALL.

On race day, the hotel had water, Gatorade and towels in the lobby for the runners and allowed LATE checkout!!!

We will most definitely stay at this hotel again next year.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed here on our way through to TX. Hotel was beautiful and everyone was helpful for the little amount of time we were there. The concierge level area was one of the nicer one's I have seen an the food in the morning was better than most.

Room Tip: We stayed on the concierge level and it was nice.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
West Monroe, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel the night before my daughter was being sworn in for MEPS we stayed in room 1410 and about 7 ish heard a BANG BANG BANG at either the door or next door room connecting we went to check front door and no one there so we got a little spoked and about 15 min later happened again so this time I was gonna call security we checked room #and saw it was room 1408 my niece started saying omg omg omg that was a scary movie and then googled it to see the trailer and no one made it out alive but security came right up and knocked on door and no answer which spooked us a little BUT it didn't happen again and this made for a great memorable night before a sad day shipping out to Parris island for the marines thanks for the great experience we look forward to a return!! Recommend highly staff and security was super great and very nice!!! Very clean hotel and rooms were very comfortable

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I booked a one night stay at this hotel and I must say...I was beyond IMPRESSED!! I stayed on the top 15th floor room 1521 in what the hotel has labeled a "Parlor Suite" which in my opinion is a gross understatement..staff should seriously consider renaming this room to "Penthouse Parlor"!! The room was nothing short of miraculous. From the bar area, the dining room table for 8, spacious living room, floor to ceiling views overlooking downtown including the state capital building...to the king size bed that felt as if you were sleeping on the clouds in the night time sky, I just can't get over it. Two thumbs way up in the air for cleanliness, customer service (Mr. Davidson, Ms. Woods I believe was her name, & Ms. Kiaerial, I'm sure I misspelled her name sorry, will make you feel as if you grew up together with their warm inviting personalities), security (they make you feel extremely safe and secure here), room service, and the hotel restaurant food course menu...personal chefs cater to whatever your imagination can conjure up!! Anytime I am in Jackson, Mississippi this will always be my #1 hotel of choice and I both suggest and recommend it to all others as well. Great southern hospitality and customer satisfaction is top flight priority at the Jackson Marriott!!

• Stayed November 2013
Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

For the price and the name I would think that it isn't too hard to have a valet but alas when you pull up you have to figure out how the checking in system.
I was a bit confused when the bellhop came out and gave me a run down of the check-in instructions and took my luggage inside the hotel.
Once inside the lobby is very nice and modern and the employees are very nice and helpful.
The rooms are big and they have plenty of towels and pillows. I was able to heat up the room when it was hot and cool it down without any problems. The phone system in the room is terrible. I tried to pick-up a call from the front desk but we couldn't hear each other. Granted I probably would not have noticed this had they not tried to call me so it's a good thing that people use cell phones.
The reason I give this hotel an average rating was due to the paper thin walls. The bed was so comfortable that I was really having a good nights sleep until the people around me started slamming doors and having loud conversations which woke me up 3 times and then their noise started up again at 5am when they were getting ready to leave.
It would have been a great stay but the constant noise made it impossible to get a good nights sleep.
The food in the restaurant is OK. There was only one server so it was slow but attentive service. I had breakfast at the concierge level which again was OK and pretty standard.
Overall it was an OK stay would have given the hotel an above average rating if they had valet service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Huntsville, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Marriott Jackson
The Marriot Jackson is located very close to the capitol and the many department building near the statehouse. Parking is self-park with in and out privileges for 12.00 per day. The garage elevator will take you to your hotel room floor only if you have the key card; otherwise, you can get to the parking decks, lobby and Mezzanine.

There are not many restaurants in the area that are open past 6:00 PM. There is a couple of “meat and three’s” on Capitol St (about two blocks south of the hotel) and a Japan’s fish restaurant that is hard to see but that was about it. The hotel does have a place to eat called the Bistro 200 but I feel the prices there for dinner where too expensive. I did eat breakfast there, a toasted bagel and coffee was $10.00. There is a breakfast buffet for $15.00 and the pluses there was that if you order eggs, the chef makes them fresh, no scrambled eggs sitting on a steamer tray, and the grits were very tasty.

The Bell hops and the maid service was very friendly and really did want to please. The room was clean and comfortable. The television had the standard 50 channel or so, 30 of them being sports channels. No Pay-per-view movies anymore.

Internet access cost you $12.95 for 24 hours. About the internet connection, I have IE9, because of work applications, and the latest version of Firefox. To start using the internet, I tried logging in using IE and I had problems about a file it could not configure but starting with Firefox, I could log in and then after that I had no problem using either browser and that is including being away most of the day and “firing it up” that night at 6, directly with IE.

Visit there again, most likely I will when I am in town on business.

Room Tip: For dining, do resuarch first and find something near by.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Jackson Marriott? Share your experiences!