“Excellent find!” 5 of 5 stars

(601) 398-4562
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Manship is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 341 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Private Dining
Mount Dora, Florida
“Excellent find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

A fabulous restaurant with a very creative menu...a foodie and wine lovers neighborhood gem! Rachel, our server, was the absolute best! My next trip to Jackson, this is a must!

Visited March 2014

Jackson, Mississippi
“Great addition to Jackson restaurant scene.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Group of six with late reservations on a Saturday night......had to wait (stand) 30 minutes past our reservation to be seated. Food was average for the price but they had not been open long and hopefully will get better and better. Bar was full. Music was way too loud for us to have good conversation. All said though, we will be back and believe The Manship has really good potential to develop into one of Jackson's best.

Visited December 2013
“New Top 5 in Jackson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Get a reservation then go early and enjoy a great bar. Very creative drink menu with large block ice.... Nice touch. The wait staff was very professional but still fun with helpful recomendations. Chef Specials were excellent with good portions at an appropriate price point. We will be going back soon. Now one of the best restraunts in Jackson.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
jackson, ms
“Italian with a Lebanese flair”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Fine Italian dining with a Lebanese flair. Chef Alex prepares meals with only the best ingredients. He uses olive oils imported from Italy that one normally can not find locally. I have tried several dishes from the homemade pizzas, pastas and the sea bass. I have never been a fan of sea bass, but after seeing one come out at another table, I could not resist. It was a whole fish covered with wonderful spices and cooked to perfection. It was one of the best fishes I have ever eaten.

Pizzas are made on thin crusts, and the ones that I have tried were not made with a marinara sauce but were made with olive oils. The fungi, egg and bacon pizza was light with a lot of flavor, and the fennel sausage pizza was out of this world. Alex makes the sausage onsite.

The have a really good wine list at reasonable prices, and they also have a number of imported beers. I tried two from Belgium that I had never heard of, and quite good.

Cheese plates and meat plates are very similar to what I was served in Italy. In fact, much of what they serve is similar to what one might find in the nicer restaurants in Italy, but overall, the food at The Manship is better than most of what I tried in Italy.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Very good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

I was visiting Jackson with a few friends to do the Mississippi Blues marathon, so we were looking for place to eat that would satisfy our pre-meal. When I saw the menu, I wished I was staying another night to try more meals. A few of us had the chicken pasta. Very yummy. And the others had the roasted chicken and raved. Our server and staff was very attentive, making sure we had everything we needed.

Visited January 2014