“A different taste” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 340 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Vegetarian, Eclectic, Healthy, Sandwiches
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Description: At Adobo Healthy does not mean Hungry! Adobo is a bright, happy restaurant with a menu that will make your taste buds dance. We have something for everyone from burgers to tacos to tabbouleh. There are vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options. We can suit most every dietary necessity or at least give you an honest, informed answer to your questions. Chef Luis Bruno has a unique approach to food and dining. The recipient of many awards and the author of a cookbook with his own line of sodium reduced spices, Luis' objective is to make delicious food that is good for you!
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
“A different taste”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

It was a good and exciting experience for me and my wife. I enjoyed the Brazilian beef dish and my wife prefer the coconut drink. The owner himself talked with us and offered us a free drink. The environment created inside with the artistic sense and sensitivity is amazing. I loved the style and taste and value of the food.

Visited November 2012

Houston, Texas
“Great lunch and family operated establishment!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We arrived in Jackson around 2:30 p.m. and were looking for a lunch place that would still be open. We stopped at the Visitor Center and were directed to Adobo. We loved this place! It was operated by a Cuban-born (we think) husband and an American wife. The establishment is very casual on a corner location, and I loved the overall feel and appearance--a very relaxing experience. Their son was also present at the beginning and suggested to me that I order a special for the day--a Cuban-hamburger sandwich and black bean soup; my wife had a shrimp salad. Both were delicious meals. What made the occasion so special--besides great food and an immaculately clean place--were the homemade seasonings and the exceptionally friendly and welcoming owners. We could look around and see that all the other customers were happy and comfortable. We liked the seasonings so much that we bought some on our way out. The restaurant has won a green award and serves healthy food. This is the kind of place that makes America a great country!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Change of pace for lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very nice lunch option! Nice, cheery atmosphere and nice, healthy selections for lunch. Quick service and interesting buzzy feel! In the mood for all of this at lunch time, check it out!

Visited May 2013
Jackson, MS
“Fresh & creative.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

The watermelon salad was a surprising combination with red onion, cilantro, tiny tomatoes, and cheese (I don't know what kind but it was great) in a balsamic reduction. The flavor was out of this world. The burger was excellent and the carmelized onions with it were the best I've ever had.

The decor was simple and colorful. I would definitely go back. And the sugarless, gluten free brownie was perfect for dessert. I even bought some to take home.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Stay fresh and healthy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Great place to eat! Food was fresh and healthy! I was in town on business and came across this place because I refuse to eat BBQ or fried food! The healthy cuisine sign outside caught my attention. Must go back!!

• Visited April 2013