“Basic and No frills, but pleasant” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Jackson

You added Motel 6 Jackson to your Saves list
Motel 6 Jackson
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6145 I-55 N, I-55 at Exit 103/County Line Rd, Jackson, MS 39213   |
Ranked #18 of 46 Hotels in Jackson
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Basic and No frills, but pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I've stayed in some Motel 6's that were less than desirable, but this one was remodeled and pleasant. It was right off the Interstate and easy access. It wan't a "huge" room, but it was a pleasant place to sleep... and I wasn't expecting a 5 star suite. If you need a comfy place to snooze without paying for a bunch of amenities (that let's face it, many travelers rarely use), then it gets the job done. The front desk was friendly. I liked the modern look. If any negatives, it took about a half hour for my bathroom light to come on (florescent) and when they remodeled, they could have put in new mattresses. They were squeaky and sunken in a bit in the middle Other than that, an excellent value.
As for some of the reviews on here, you can't pay $50 for a room and expect Waldorf-Astoria with concierge service and mints on your pillow. As far as "bad location", if you are traveling, next to the interstate is a good location, rather than getting lost in an unfamiliar town. (good/bad location depends on where you plan to be active.) If you are planning on hitting the beach, then no, it is not a good location... you are in the middle of Mississippi. As for "noisy guests", you are pretty much "living" with hundreds of other people in the same building. I have stayed at $300 a night hotels that have had noisy guests.
I got my room directly on the M6 website, and with tax, it was $51. It was sufficient for what I needed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I travel with my dogs so always pick motel 6 because there is no additional charge and they are all pet friendly. It can go either way, but in this case I was pleased. The front staff was very pleasant and room was clean. Nothing fancy, but adequate and although a bit high for a motel6, very reasonable compared to similar properties in area. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Southaven, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

As tired travelers in an unfamiliar city, we chose Motel 6 as a known entity and because it was easily accessible from the Interstate. We came to town on a Friday to attend a Saturday night event in a nearby suburb, and this place was fairly close. As others have noted, amenities are lacking, and it seems overpriced. There is no free breakfast, no newspaper, no coffee in room. The check in clerk offered us coffee from a tiny pot in the lobby, and we hoped for coffee there next morning. Ha!Ha! The room was tiny for two people, but the bed was comfortable, and the bath was adequate. At least it was very clean, with a good TV and tiny fridge, and noise from the Interstate did not bother us. However, we missed some of the comforts that other, similarly priced hotels offer in other cities. A bare bones offering should have a bare bones price. Motel 6 served our purpose in a limited way, but it did not enhance our visit to the Jackson area. I would not wish to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Small room
Noisy air conditioning
Dirty
Disgusting

When planning our USA road trip, I just didn't appreciate that 'Jackson' is an expensive place to stay apart from that the motel costs seemed pretty steep. Had I known the area and driving distances, then I wouldn't in a million years have chosen this motel. It is absolutely GROSS and to make things worse, we actually stayed there two nights!!

Awful, awful place and consequently I will NEVER, EVER stay in a Motel 6 again as this one is certainly THE PITS!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Suresnes, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I am no fan of Motel6. Never have been. But when I have to, I feel it is safe to stay there, as you know what you are going to get. No bad surprise is to be expected.
Well, not quite.
Landing into Jackson at 9.00 pm, only to drive off early the next morning, I decided to go cheap and book two rooms at Motel 6. Not that I fing that $136 inclusive of tax is cheap for any Motel6, but let us say that it was the cheapest option in a town where any hotel seems to charge over the top rates.

We checked in in a small reception, reminiscent of a hospital yard. Foreign staff seems to know just nothing about just anything. We had 2 "newly redesigned" rooms, one of which accessible.
The basic one had two beds, and was compact. Think tiny. We jad just a bag for us 2, and we would not know where to open/store it. Bathroom was standard 1980s Motel6. In the accessible room with one bed, the bathroom was hospital style scary.
Motel6 and I obviously do not share the same definition of newly redesigned. Theirs is a paint job, including a weird orange strip, and that's about it. The vinyl floor did not look new.
We were greeted by an overwhelming smell of disinfectant. Water pressure was more or less OK, but we could not get any hot (or warm, er even luke warm) water in the evening, and the next morning, water temperature would keep going up and down. Bath towels ridiculously sized, but supplied in fair number, felt like thin sandpaper.

We could not wait to check out the next morning. That was easy : we were woken up by heirds of chinese tourists trailing theirs bags while shouting in whatever language they spoke at 6.00 am.

We were booked for the next week in there, just before flying out, but the perspective of staying there again would have ruined my Yellowstone vacation. I cancelled and booked another place at 3 times the rate, but whatever.
The icing on the cake is that after filling in the online survey they sent me, they personnally replied saying how sorry they were, as they are striving to provide the best service.
Guys, get real : you provide NO service whatsoever. Strive to provide a decent value for money, in a low end accomodation, and you will not disappoint Motel6 consumers. Leave service alone !

Room Tip: Rooms out of this dump are better !
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Niagara Falls, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

8 states in 11 days and by far this was the worse hotel we ever stayed at. We asked the front desk attendant for places to get supper and she told us "I dont know, I dont get out much". So off we went to venture an unknown city after a long day of travelling. The pool had No life ring, the pool stair handles was 3/4 off, the bathroom ceiling had mold, there was stuff from previous visitors under the bed and when you laid on the bed it caved in the middle and you we were on top of one another. First and Last motel 6 ever, Oh and after we arrived home we wrote to motel 6 and got a standard letter that proved to us they honestly do not care. As the commercial says there is a reason they leave the lights on ....its so you can see its them and keep on going !!

Room Tip: Do not stop there !
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Jackson, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear 3wewillbe - We apologize for your unpleasant stay, including the service, pool maintenance and bedding conditions you experienced. Additionally, we apologize for the unsatisfactory response you received upon sending your letter. Thank you for submitting your review, and please consider contacting our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Lufkin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

upon arriving we were charged more then we were originally told and then when we tried to get that corrected front desk person was not friendly at all...Wish we would have just left however it was late and we had just got in from VA...We were put on the 3rd floor so we had to use the elevator when we walked into the laundry/elevator area it stunk like pee instant nausea, inside the elevator it also smelled terrible. The room was soooo small and not decorated at all there was no carpet on the floor and the room was just not inviting. Upon inspection there were no complimentary soaps or other items and the bathroom was so small it clausterphobic(sp). there was no waste basket in the bathroom and the toilet had a crack in it the tub was dirty looking ...The room was just not meant for a human to reside in it....

Room Tip: unless you absolutely have no choice I do not recommend staying at this room ever.....Nasty, Filthy...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Jackson, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Frankie B - Thank you for sharing your review. We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the rate discrepancy, odor, maintenance and cleanliness issues you experienced. These issues are certainly not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we kindly encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Been to Motel 6 Jackson? Share your experiences!