“Worst ever!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Jackson

You added Motel 6 Jackson to your Saves list
Motel 6 Jackson
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6145 I-55 N, I-55 at Exit 103/County Line Rd, Jackson, MS 39213   |
Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Jackson
Paragon
“Worst ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We have stayed at a lot of Motel 6 locations over the years. What we have begun to notice the past couple of years is that the older properties are really getting run-down and need a LOT of TLC (some of them probably need torn down and rebuilt totally).......this one was the worst.

I guess they think they have done some UPGRADES ......there was a new bathroom sink. There was a flat screen TV (with very, very, very, VERY few available channels)....and the old carpet had been replaced with LINOLEUM....and that was buckled in several places. The old bathtub looked like something out of a slum and the floor in the bathroom area was filthy....absolutely filthy.

If we hadn't been worn out from a day of driving we'd have asked for our credit card to be credited for the night's stay and we'd have gone elsewhere. We did sleep there for that one night (had made reservations in advance since it is summer vacation season).........at least tried to sleep. It was so noisy that it was barely possible.

Motel 6.....I think you may have just lost us "forever".

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy4HIM

Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed here late April, and it was pretty good all around, I would stay again. Only a few minutes from downtown and right be the historic area of Jackson. Everything was clean and worked.The room was pretty big and I only payed $50 for the night on hot wire, so I think I got my moneys worth

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Mississauga, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is the motel 6 north of Jackson #4585 as there are several in Jackson. The building is 3 stories but with no elevator. I always stay on the top floor if possible as it tends to be less noisy. I have to admit our stay was pleasant. Modern room and above average for Motel 6. Free (or included) wifi. Very clean although it took a while for the hot water to get up to our room in the morning. Due to the height and no elevator my guess is the rooms on the 3rd floor have a less occupancy rate. Something to keep in mind, maybe? If you are a senior make sure you get the special rate offered by Motel 6. If you don't ask you don't get! I would definitely stay there again. I was travelling with my daughter and she is very picky and she had no complaints so that might speak volumes. You might also wish to check out the motel 6 website to see pictures of the hotel which in my mind are representative of what you get.

Room Tip: It's a climb, with no elevator, but go for the 3rd floor. You probably need the exercise anyway...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Meraux, Louisiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Gross! Room smelled like URINE and was FILTHY...We took one look and got our money back. RUN from this place! Scary people staying there as well. I wouldnt want my dog to stay in that room! I wanted to cry when I saw it. HORRIBLE....HORRIBLE...HORRIBLE...

Room Tip: Run away as fast as you can people.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Casie W

Travelers are raving about these Jackson hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Not sure what the deal is with all the hotels in this town locating on frontage roads and the frontage roads being one way. Makes for a difficulty in getting anywhere. We were pleased that the rooms were updated, but dismayed that the room we had was on the 3rd floor and the elevator smelled like someone had used it as a toilet.

Room Tip: West side away from highway noise
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SaintVitas
Ozark, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here last week for one night. I have never experienced bedbugs until then. I am covered in bites now. I really hope I did not bring them home with me. The air conditioner did not work well and we woke up sweaty. The bed cover had blood stains all on it. The bathtub was very dirty. I would not recommend this motel to anyone.

Room Tip: This part of town was scarey.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank rochelle c
Springtown, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I just needed a place to sleep and shower. Motel 6 is usually cheap and clean, so it's perfect for a stopover. After checking I. We walked by the pool- that was my first warning that something was amiss- to call it filthy is an understatement. My husband pointed out that the water level was well below the I take for the filter, so it was clearly a long-term issue. Got to the room, it looked shabby for a recently refurbished hotel. The deadbolt was jammed in the locked position; the door could only be closed from the inside if you manually pushed the deadbolt back and from the outside if the card key was in the lock. Which was my next concern- the key worked the deadbolt, so anyone could get in. Then I noticed a drop of about 1" on the floor. The flooring was just cut, leaving a bare, jagged edge, no transition or anything. Then I noticed a few bugs, I think they were small ants, but not sure, on the desk. Decided to ignore them- this is the south and bugs are everywhere, so a few aren't an issue. Left to go eat, took the elevator. Mistake! It was disgustingly dirty, the carpet was badly damaged, and it clanged and thumped like it was about to die. Scary. When we got off, the flooring was filthy and had broken tiles missing pieces. I was regretting staying, but it was late and I didn't want to change. Returned from dinner, went in to shower. Tub was absolutely gross, there is no other was to describe it. Needed to bathe child desperately, so I held her. Laid down on bed, mentioned my legs were itching. My daughter said that it was probably from the bugs all over the bed. Looked closely and counted 7 within a few seconds. Ants or ? I don't know or care- we grabbed our overnight bag and left. The clerk did not want to refund our money- we had been in the room a total of less than 15 minutes and insisted. The guy she sent to check the room came back far too quickly to have even gone there and loudly announced that there were no bugs. Finally got a refund and left. I have plenty of pictures to show i am not exaggerating Complained to Motel 6, they called within 2 days to apologize and said that they would inspect the property and make sure it comes up to their standards. I certainly hope they follow through, because I would never stay at that property again!

• Stayed June 2012