“NASTY” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Jackson North

Save Saved
You added Jackson North to your Saves list
Jackson North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   593 Beasley Road, Jackson, MS 39206 (Formerly Best Western)   |
Ranked #33 of 47 hotels in Jackson
DeRidder, Louisiana
“NASTY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have never stayed in a hotel that was this nasty. I was traveling on vacation and we stay in Best Westerns every where. This one will not be on my list to stay at. After checking in I got in my room and took my shoes off to get alittle more comfortable. Had to wear them the whole time i was in my room due to the floors being sticky every where I walked. I had children with me and really didn't want them on the floor to play. Also my lamp shade was burned and the lights were falling off the wall. Nothing was attached to the wall as it should be. I layed in my bed to watch some tv and saw something out of the corner of my eye on the wall and it was a ROACH. When I informed the front desk all I was told was sorry. Well sorry doesn't cut it for me. I will never stay here agian. I have already told my family and friends if they ever go through Jackson not to stay here. This was by for the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. There is no way I would ever bring my family back here. Very disapointed in this place as I stay in Best Western all the time. Well mark my word this is one that will not get my money ever agian.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
tina d, General Manager at Jackson North, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear ELIZABETH C,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 601-956-8686.

Tina Daniels
BEST WESTERN Jackson North

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Lavaca, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Completely dissatisfied! Drove from Lavaca, AR to Jackson, MS to attend a football combine at MILLSAPS COLLEGE. The hotel on the outside has a great appearance. Do not expect the inside to be the same. The carpets in the rooms are nasty, and the bathrooms are absolutely filthy. Dirty shower curtains and the floor looked like it had not been cleaned in forever. We spread towels out to walk on.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I searched for a long time on TripAdvisor for a decent motel in the Jackson area. Felt like I was reading reviews for Detroit! While I rated this motel as "average" for my overall traveling experiences, in the Jackson area this is most probably an excellent motel!

This neighborhood is NOT a good place to be at night. After checking in the early evening, we went out for dinner and upon returning saw several "groups" of young people milling around on the streets, but especially at the Red Roof Inn across the street. Many were drinking from containers in brown bags. We felt much safer with the carded entrance to get into the parking lot. There are outside cameras, so we made sure to park in plain sight near the side entrance.

Air conditioner worked well. Remodeled room in burnt orange colors with white bedspreads. Adequate bed comfort. BTW - I hate the square pillows hotels are now using.

Breakfast area was clean. They stop serving at 9:00 even on the weekends. It was just ok food, mostly microwaved sausage and square steamed scrambled eggs, but better than continental.

Room Tip: There are outside cameras, so park in plain sight near the entrances. AVOID Shoney's restauran...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Staff is very friendly and helpful. There is a bit of crime in the area. My first time here 2 vehicles were broken into. Don't leave anything in your vehicle and park where the cameras can see your vehicle.

Building is a bit dated but carpets were cleaned while I was there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

There were 3 of us staying there on the road trip. It was a long day, and we were ready to hit the bed and the road early the next morning. We got in and it took a little longer to check us in than I would like, but we got in and the front desk was very friendly. The lobby looked as if it hadn't been renovated yet. No big deal.

We got to the room, and I was floored by how large it was. There was more empty floor space than there was covered by furniture! I am sure not all the rooms were like this, but we liked the size of this one with all of our stuff and the three of us. The room was passably clean but not sparkling. The bathroom had been updated, but some of it should have been pulled out and gutted.

The bed was okay. My daughter said the fold out was ok but not great. The breakfast the next morning was ok but not good. We stayed at 3 more Best Western motels on the way up to Vermont from Texas. This one was probably third, maybe fourth, on the list.

My biggest complaint is the cost given the quality and location. It was the most expensive of the Best Western motels we stayed at on this trip.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

It was a very good stay. Me and my boyfriend stayed here had a great time. They knew great places to eat. Tina at front desk is good with the people coming in and out. The breakfast was good.my over all experience was one of the best so far.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Jackson North? Share your experiences!