“Decent hotel, friendly staff, iffy area.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Jackson North

You added Jackson North to your Saves list
Jackson North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   593 Beasley Road, Jackson, MS 39206 (Formerly Best Western)   |
Ranked #32 of 46 Hotels in Jackson
Memphis, Tennessee
“Decent hotel, friendly staff, iffy area.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Staff is very friendly and helpful. There is a bit of crime in the area. My first time here 2 vehicles were broken into. Don't leave anything in your vehicle and park where the cameras can see your vehicle.

Building is a bit dated but carpets were cleaned while I was there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

There were 3 of us staying there on the road trip. It was a long day, and we were ready to hit the bed and the road early the next morning. We got in and it took a little longer to check us in than I would like, but we got in and the front desk was very friendly. The lobby looked as if it hadn't been renovated yet. No big deal.

We got to the room, and I was floored by how large it was. There was more empty floor space than there was covered by furniture! I am sure not all the rooms were like this, but we liked the size of this one with all of our stuff and the three of us. The room was passably clean but not sparkling. The bathroom had been updated, but some of it should have been pulled out and gutted.

The bed was okay. My daughter said the fold out was ok but not great. The breakfast the next morning was ok but not good. We stayed at 3 more Best Western motels on the way up to Vermont from Texas. This one was probably third, maybe fourth, on the list.

My biggest complaint is the cost given the quality and location. It was the most expensive of the Best Western motels we stayed at on this trip.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

It was a very good stay. Me and my boyfriend stayed here had a great time. They knew great places to eat. Tina at front desk is good with the people coming in and out. The breakfast was good.my over all experience was one of the best so far.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Oil City, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I called ahead from the car and made a reservations at this hotel; we have always had pretty good luck with Best Western's but not this time. As soon as we opened the door to our room, we noticed a stale smell. I immediately called the front desk and requested another room. He moved us to another room, which did not smell, but was in horrible shape. I would not walk on the floors in my bare feet, the bathroom was dirty and the sheets on the bed were awful. My husband and I thought about leaving but it was late and we were tired from a long day on the road. When checking out, the desk clerk asked if everything was all right; I told her we definitely had stayed in nicer Best Western's and that she should mention to housekeeping about cleaning the bathroom. She looked at me like she didn't care but said she would. The whole place needs completely renovated.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Benton, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed here on the way to New Orleans with Diamond Tours. Rooms were dirty, one room had the desk with the drawers turned facing the wall, ours had the dust ruffle put on backwards, floors were fifthy. There was medicine capsules on our bathroom floor. I would not walk on the floor barefooted. We stayed going to New Orleans and on the way back home. Diamond Tours would not change out location after all the problems we had the first night. The tour director and our bus driver tried to get it changed. Where this was located the bus could hardly get in the parking lot without dragging. On the second night some of the rooms were mixed up , as far as double beds or single beds. One couple got their keys and went to their room and the room was already occupied by someone else. The orange juice machine got stuck and poured orange juice all over the floor and me. It was a nightmare, no matter what the price is, it is not worth it to stay at this property.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel!!!! The hotel next to this had a good crowd but only a few cars in this ho...