“Great value & location” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in Jackson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

My stay at this hotel was not good!! The bed was comfortable but that was about all!! We even found someone else's hair on the ?? clean sheets!! The staff from the front desk to the housekeeping were very rude! They acted like you were inconveniencing them if you even talked to them! They also charged an extra $5.00 to stay till noon instead of 11 am which may be a company policy but its not a good one if they want people to return, especially when they have all the construction work going on with loud noises!

• Stayed February 2013

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Starkville, Mississippi, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My overall stay at the Best Western was at most AVERAGE. The room was ok and the price wasn't bad either, but the staff was down right MEAN! From the housekeeping staff to the front desk were EXTREMELY RUDE. The housekeeping lady ROLLED HER EYES at me when I told her we had a late check out (apparently upset at the fact that she couldn't clean the room when SHE wanted to) & when I explained the situation to the front desk associate...she took up for her & told me she was just asking when we would check out....she didn't apologize for the housekeeping lady being rude...instead she was plain RUDE herself! WILL NEVER GO BACK & unless you want RUDE staff..I wouldn't recommend going either!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tallahassee, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Great value for a nicely arranged suite with a little privacy for the child, though not completely closed off. Great location for a convention at the Coliseum, and an EXCELLENT staff. They go out of their way to be kind, welcoming, and try to make guests comfortable in spite of a difficult situation: renovations (apparently ongoing for quite some time now) being done around guests. The lobby is currently being drywalled and plastered. I can't imagine trying to accomplish this while guests are coming and going. It clearly slows down the work, makes the staff's job much harder (setting up breakfast every morning in a guest room near the lobby, mopping up plaster constantly, etc.), and it can't be good for business. I think there were twelve other cars in the lot when we were there. Seemed to us it would be better to close for a day or two and spend the money for a big enough crew to finish the job quickly, rather than keep trying to work around ongoing business. So we were unimpressed with the owner or whoever made the decision to do the renovations this way - but were very impressed with the staff and pretty much everything else about the hotel. I'm sure it will be excellent when the work is done, assuming the prices don't shoot up! (I hope the owners realize how lucky they are to have employees like this. They make all the difference.)

Room Tip: Just ask for what you want at the desk, they will do everything they can to accomodate you.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Me and my boyfriend checked in on the 28th and from my experience I really enjoyed my stay. The front desk lady was very friendly and held a nice conversation with us as she explained the Amenties and the fact that the rooms were non smoking which is GREAT. However I was surprised to see all the renovations because when we made our reservation online there was nothing stated about it. However it wasn't a big deal, I can tell they are trying to improve the hotel and the rooms were already renovated and looked really great. Loved the gated parking, we felt really safe in the means that my husband keeps tools in his truck and its common that things like that get stolen from parked cars. So we really appreciate the gates! The breakfast was good, I even left a tip for the sweet girl who kept checking on us! Really sweet people who are very hospitable! I will be staying again!

• Stayed December 2012
Love2Travel00101, Manager at BEST WESTERN Executive Inn, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank You so much for taking the time out in writing us a review! We hope to see you again as we try making this hotel one of the best in Jackson, MS.
Missouri City, Texas, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Pros:
First off, you can see that management has been trying to improve this hotel. They have a strict non-smoking policy that you have to sign for and they are undergoing a significant renovation project. The hotel is also conveniently located right next to the interstate so its definitely an easy exit and easy stop for travelers.
Cons:
The renovation left nothing usable in the lobby. Breakfast had to be served in one of the downstairs hotel rooms. They have a key activated security gate that is good for safety but instead somehow just shows how the area is unsafe. The pool in the back is in-between parking and the garbage that is not at all inviting to swim in. They had a notice in the bathroom that states "due to the popularity of our hotel items" that items in their rooms are available for purchase from the housekeeper and that when items are missing then they assume that guest have pre-approved the corresponding charges on their credit card. The worst was that the receptionist mentioned that the hotel has a strict non-smoking policy since, and I quote, "people used to smoke pot and management has been trying hard to get rid of the smell". That made me want to leave and run! I would have except I already paid for the place online sight unseen.

All in all, i appreciate the hotel management's efforts to improve the hotel and keep guests safe but I would not go back and stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Love2Travel00101, Manager at BEST WESTERN Executive Inn, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank You so much for your review. We appreciate your concern regarding our property and I assure you we are doing the best we can in making this hotel the best it can be. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during breakfast; however, our breakfast quality and HOT items are readily available for all guests during this temporary breakfast relocation. We are working extremely hard to quickly finish our lobby for an even better experience for our guests. In addition, our gated property was installed for parking issues with our property. Best Western Executive Inn is situated next to the MS Coliseum where the largest events in MS take place on this exit. During these events parking is very crucial and a gate was installed to assure each guest a parking space. Located off I-55 with much traffic - our location is in fact very safe. By the end of January 2013, our lobby will be completed with a refreshed look and many hot breakfast items. The 100% non smoking policy was instilled to keep our hotel fresh and clean for all guests and has been non smoking for almost a year now. Thank You for your review and we hope you give us another opportunity to offer you a better experience in the future. We care about our guests and are listening to make Best Western Executive Inn one of the best hotels in Jackson, MS.
Pascagoula, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Recently had a one night stay at Best Western Executive Inn. The room had been renovated and was very nice. The lobby was still under construction. Breakfast was available in the mornings. We will definately stay here again when in Jackson.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Executive Inn? Share your experiences!