“Rating” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   700 Larson Street, Jackson, MS 39202   |
Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Jackson
“Rating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I needed to get a room for the weekend and a friend recommended Red Roof Inn so I booked and it was okay good price and a good location. I have been to one before. the stay was great. I'm looking forward to staying again tonight.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Knoxville, Tn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This place is a dump!!! The outside was looked like it was falling in and I started to stop my husband before he finished the check out but didn't know where else to go because Jackson is not a safe place to be. The room was extremely nasty!!! It smelled of mold and was very musty. The bathroom was gross, the mattress and box springs had mold on it. I was afraid to even lay down in this place. The night lady was very nice, the girls the next morning at checkout were rude. I am not a hotel snob and have stayed at other Red Roof Inns, due to the value, but my husband even wanted to leave after we checked in and he went into the bathroom.

Room Tip: Drive past this hotel and choose another!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I don't have any real complaints because the price was so low at 47.00. They did let me bring my dog, but she was more comfortable sleeping in the car. It would be nice if they would wash the pillows and carpet more often. It was ok for 1 night in Jackson, MS.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
RedRoofJackson, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jackson-Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
We would like to thank you for taking time to place a review. I can assure you that we are going under some renovations and hope to see you again in the near future to see the changes made.
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

No problem with this room, especially at $44 before tax. It's a little worn, and I did have to put a towel over one of the chairs to cover some old stains (just to make myself feel better), but nothing I was too concerned about. Shower pressure was fine, TV work fine, beds were a little on the hard side, but again nothing out of the ordinary. If I came back to area wouldn't have a problem staying here again.

The location is excellent. A couple blocks from the state fairgrounds, and about a mile from center of downtown. The Shoney's next door isn't very good, but the Waffle House turned out to be one of the best breakfasts I've had in a while. You can tell they take it seriously over there. Chain restaurants another exit north, but only a few miles.

Staff was also very helpful. I was in early in the morning and they still were able to get me a room. The lady at the counter was very friendly and easy to deal with.

Room Tip: The side facing the interstate seems to be the 'safest' side, as it is more lite. Looks like...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to complete a review and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

There was an error with my reservation but the wonderful staff worked it out with me. Due to the error I was unable to get a non-smoking room but room was so clean I couldn‘t tell.

Exceptional service,
comfortable room
well priced
fabulous pet policy

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
RedRoofJackson, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jackson-Fairgrounds, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out letting us know about your stay. Here at Red Roof, we look forward to hearing about your experience with us. I do apologize about your reservation experience, but I am delighted to know that my staff did a wonderful job accommodating you with your visit. I will be sharing these kind words with my staff. And if you are in the area again fill free to stop by and pay us a visit.

Sincere,
Damaris Johnson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Congratulations on making my 1% of most hated places to stay. The entire work force at this location is amazing! It's ashamed this hotel is in the most absolute worst part of town. Drug hustlers everywhere. Security is useless and the local police could care less. Stay at the red roof in Brandon !

• Stayed March 2013
RedRoofJackson, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jackson-Fairgrounds, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding our Jackson Fairgrounds location. We are very sorry to hear you had a horrible stay. This is for sure not the Brand standard and your experience is truly unfortunate. We do understand the actions of those outside of the property decreases the value of our location. We continue to work hard to provide a clean and safe atmosphere for all of our guests. Thank you for your time!
Long Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

One star because the water pressure in showers was great and the girl at the front desk was nice. If you are looking to have a beer with any of the vaqueros standing on each corner of the motel at all hours of day or night, this is the place for you. If you wish easy access to a prostitute down the hall, this is the place for you. If you desire a tattoo from the guy next door who just got out of prison, this is the place for you. If you are not concerned about being checked into a room that has no towels or washcloths, then look into staying at this place. If you are okay with staff leaving cleaning products and a roll of trash bags in the room, then this is definitely the place for you. If you don't mind random and miscellaneous tissues between the sheets after the room has been "cleaned", then go for it. If you think that getting a room key that doesn't work and then going down to the office for an additional room key that also doesn't work is alright, check into the Red Roof Inn. Don't let this hellhole affect your stay in beautiful Jackson, MS

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
RedRoofJackson, Manager at Red Roof Inn Jackson-Fairgrounds, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for feedback reguarding your recent stay with us. I do however understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel. I sinserely apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. Here at Red Roof, we strive on providing our guest with a clean and comfortable stay. I will be sharing this with my staff and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that these issues does not occur again.

Damaris