“Ok for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 47 Hotels in Jackson
Dallas, Texas
“Ok for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I don't have any real complaints because the price was so low at 47.00. They did let me bring my dog, but she was more comfortable sleeping in the car. It would be nice if they would wash the pillows and carpet more often. It was ok for 1 night in Jackson, MS.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
RedRoofJackson, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jackson-Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
We would like to thank you for taking time to place a review. I can assure you that we are going under some renovations and hope to see you again in the near future to see the changes made.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

No problem with this room, especially at $44 before tax. It's a little worn, and I did have to put a towel over one of the chairs to cover some old stains (just to make myself feel better), but nothing I was too concerned about. Shower pressure was fine, TV work fine, beds were a little on the hard side, but again nothing out of the ordinary. If I came back to area wouldn't have a problem staying here again.

The location is excellent. A couple blocks from the state fairgrounds, and about a mile from center of downtown. The Shoney's next door isn't very good, but the Waffle House turned out to be one of the best breakfasts I've had in a while. You can tell they take it seriously over there. Chain restaurants another exit north, but only a few miles.

Staff was also very helpful. I was in early in the morning and they still were able to get me a room. The lady at the counter was very friendly and easy to deal with.

Room Tip: The side facing the interstate seems to be the 'safest' side, as it is more lite. Looks like...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to complete a review and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

There was an error with my reservation but the wonderful staff worked it out with me. Due to the error I was unable to get a non-smoking room but room was so clean I couldn‘t tell.

Exceptional service,
comfortable room
well priced
fabulous pet policy

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
RedRoofJackson, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jackson-Fairgrounds, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out letting us know about your stay. Here at Red Roof, we look forward to hearing about your experience with us. I do apologize about your reservation experience, but I am delighted to know that my staff did a wonderful job accommodating you with your visit. I will be sharing these kind words with my staff. And if you are in the area again fill free to stop by and pay us a visit.

Sincere,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Congratulations on making my 1% of most hated places to stay. The entire work force at this location is amazing! It's ashamed this hotel is in the most absolute worst part of town. Drug hustlers everywhere. Security is useless and the local police could care less. Stay at the red roof in Brandon !

• Stayed March 2013
RedRoofJackson, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jackson-Fairgrounds, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding our Jackson Fairgrounds location. We are very sorry to hear you had a horrible stay. This is for sure not the Brand standard and your experience is truly unfortunate. We do understand the actions of those outside of the property decreases the value of our location. We continue to work hard to provide a clean and safe atmosphere for all of our guests. Thank you for your time!
Long Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

One star because the water pressure in showers was great and the girl at the front desk was nice. If you are looking to have a beer with any of the vaqueros standing on each corner of the motel at all hours of day or night, this is the place for you. If you wish easy access to a prostitute down the hall, this is the place for you. If you desire a tattoo from the guy next door who just got out of prison, this is the place for you. If you are not concerned about being checked into a room that has no towels or washcloths, then look into staying at this place. If you are okay with staff leaving cleaning products and a roll of trash bags in the room, then this is definitely the place for you. If you don't mind random and miscellaneous tissues between the sheets after the room has been "cleaned", then go for it. If you think that getting a room key that doesn't work and then going down to the office for an additional room key that also doesn't work is alright, check into the Red Roof Inn. Don't let this hellhole affect your stay in beautiful Jackson, MS

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
RedRoofJackson, Manager at Red Roof Inn Jackson-Fairgrounds, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for feedback reguarding your recent stay with us. I do however understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel. I sinserely apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. Here at Red Roof, we strive on providing our guest with a clean and comfortable stay. I will be sharing this with my staff and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that these issues does not occur again.

Damaris
Troy, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I Love staying there because its close to the V.A. Hosptial and my Brother spends alot of time there and I travel back and forth from Jackson Mississippi to Alabama!!! What makes it so nice is when I walk in the door I get called by my name and a big HUG as if I'm Family that to me is cool. They also have certain rooms with pillowtop mattress and I have a bad back and when I walk in the door they ask if I WANT MY ROOM like its really my room!! I cant say enough good things about them they really take good care of me when I'm there!!! THANK YOU GUYS

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words. We really appreciate you choosing to stay with us. We are excited to hear such positive and true comments. I will be passing this on to the rest of the staff here. We are looking forward to seeing you in the near future with open arms. Your room will be waiting on you. ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Caledonia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stay in this inn for one night due to doctors appointments at the VA medical center. WE had a handcap room- which at first seem ok. When we got to our room the door looked like it was kicked in and repainted, the chairs were sooooo dirty that I had to put a towel on them just to sit in it,the bed looked like the sheets were washed about 1 million times, only one bed in the room which wasn't big enough for 2, opening under the door was wide so I had to put one of the chair by the door at night so nothing would crawl in, got up in the morning and went to shower and the facecloth had a big hole in it( left them a good one!!!)Tv didn't work only 2 channels would come in,crumbs all around the bed,asked for a coffee pot and was told that I had to upgrade to get a dam coffee pot???? if this is how they treat handcap people, I feel sorry for the rest of the people that stay there!!!!! - it was just the worst inn -WE WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: chose another inn!!! quickly!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
RedRoofJackson, Manager at Red Roof Inn Jackson-Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience. Here at Red Roof we strive for superior customer service. I can assure you that corrected measures has been taken. We truly apologize for your unpleasent experience. Hopefully in the near future, you will give us another opportunity to better serve you.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at (601)969-5006

Thanks
Damaris Johnson

Been to Red Roof Inn Jackson-Fairgrounds? Share your experiences!