“Going back home!!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 46 Hotels in Jackson
Troy, Alabama
“Going back home!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I Love staying there because its close to the V.A. Hosptial and my Brother spends alot of time there and I travel back and forth from Jackson Mississippi to Alabama!!! What makes it so nice is when I walk in the door I get called by my name and a big HUG as if I'm Family that to me is cool. They also have certain rooms with pillowtop mattress and I have a bad back and when I walk in the door they ask if I WANT MY ROOM like its really my room!! I cant say enough good things about them they really take good care of me when I'm there!!! THANK YOU GUYS

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
RedRoofJackson, Manager at Red Roof Inn Jackson-Fairgrounds, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We really appreciate you choosing to stay with us. We are excited to hear such positive and true comments. I will be passing this on to the rest of the staff here. We are looking forward to seeing you in the near future with open arms. Your room will be waiting on you. ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Damaris Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Caledonia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stay in this inn for one night due to doctors appointments at the VA medical center. WE had a handcap room- which at first seem ok. When we got to our room the door looked like it was kicked in and repainted, the chairs were sooooo dirty that I had to put a towel on them just to sit in it,the bed looked like the sheets were washed about 1 million times, only one bed in the room which wasn't big enough for 2, opening under the door was wide so I had to put one of the chair by the door at night so nothing would crawl in, got up in the morning and went to shower and the facecloth had a big hole in it( left them a good one!!!)Tv didn't work only 2 channels would come in,crumbs all around the bed,asked for a coffee pot and was told that I had to upgrade to get a dam coffee pot???? if this is how they treat handcap people, I feel sorry for the rest of the people that stay there!!!!! - it was just the worst inn -WE WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: chose another inn!!! quickly!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
RedRoofJackson, Manager at Red Roof Inn Jackson-Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience. Here at Red Roof we strive for superior customer service. I can assure you that corrected measures has been taken. We truly apologize for your unpleasent experience. Hopefully in the near future, you will give us another opportunity to better serve you.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at (601)969-5006

Thanks
Brookhaven, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stay at this hotel at least once a month because of my job. It may not seem like the best location at first but I have never had a problem here. It is convenient to I-55, the Mississippi state coliseum, fairgrounds and the downtown convention center. Several fast food places are located nearby and a Shoney's and Waffle house within walking distance.

For the price ($40- $45) the rooms are nice and clean, the beds and pillows are soft and comfy and even though it is close to the interstate the A/C usually drowns out any noise. They have free wi-fi which is always a bonus. Only negative thing I can say is there is no refrigerators in the rooms (or least not the ones I have stayed in). Will continue to stay here in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
RedRoofJackson, Manager at Red Roof Inn Jackson-Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We really do appreciate you choosing to stay with us. It will be our pleasure to set you up in a micro-fridge room in the near future. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at (601) 956-7707
Chamblee, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was a little unsure about the neighborhood the hotel is in but I didn't have any problems. The hotel isn't new but I got a good rate and the room was clean. I wish they had a free breakfast but McDonalds was close by so it wasn't a big deal. The staff was pretty nice and check in was easy and fast.

Room Tip: ask to be away from rooms with pets
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. Although we don't have free breakfast here, we do offer some wonderful tasting coffee. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff, so that we can continue to serve our guest with exceptional service. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed one night-March 14, 2013. I was a little nervous when I arrived because the motel was not very new looking but the check-in was easy and my room was very, very nice. Had paid $45 instead of $40 in order to upgrade my room and the room was very nice. Large with king bed and large work desk. The room overlooked the interstate but with the ac on in the room I never heard the traffic. The free wi-fi was very nice as I used my laptop several hours while there. There was no free breakfast but there is a Shoney's next door and just beyond that there is a Waffle House where I had breakfast. The desk clerk allowed me to stay an hour past checkout. Saw several private security cars patrolling the premises and nearby motels at various times while there so that was a plus. I would recommend this motel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your recent review. Here at Red Roof Inn, we take our guest safety very seriously. We are excited to hear such positive and sincere feedback from our guest's. I am pleased to know that my staff here made your stay an easy one. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Thanks you,

Paragould, Arkansas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I travel frequently and have stayed at several hotels. This Red Roof Inn is the only one I've ever stayed in and I will never stay in one again. The toilet leaked around the base, and there were various wet spots on the carpet and lacked in cleanliness. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
RedRoofJackson, Manager at Red Roof Inn Jackson-Fairgrounds, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience on Trip Advisor. I was horrified to read about what you experienced and am terribly sorry for what occurred. We work very hard to ensure that all of our rooms are above satisfactory for all guests. I assure you this is not our trend, or an acceptable practice. I hope that you will give our brand another chance, I promise we will make it right!

Thank you!
Sincerely
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Checked in on an overnight trip. Found the nightstand still had liquid spills uncleaned, the window ledge had a bottle cap and jelly container sitting on it, there was hair on the walls, the handtowel had a number of holes in it.

Plainly housekeeping is not being supervised well if the housekeepers can get away with cleaning a room this casually and nobody catches it on an inspection.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback, I am very sorry for your inconvenience, and for the unacceptable occurrence that you had faced in Jackson. Please rest assured that this is not who we are, or how we operate, and if you give us the opportunity to take care of you again, you will experience hospitality the way it was intended.

Thank You!