“Be careful about choosing this hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Jackson North Ridgeland

Howard Johnson Jackson North Ridgeland
You added Howard Johnson Jackson North Ridgeland to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Jackson North Ridgeland
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   585 E Beasley Rd, Jackson, MS 39206 (Formerly Jameson Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #21 of 46 Hotels in Jackson
Ohio
“Be careful about choosing this hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Stayed here in July while on vacation. The pool was filled with green sludge. It looked like thick slime. YUCK!!! I kept thinking about the times we traveled with the children and promised them time in the pool at the end of the day. We would probably have left if they were with us.
The room may have been clean but after seeing the pool we were cautious. The pillowcases and sheets may have been clean but they were stained. The floor was dirty, I kept my sandals on.
On the other hand, the woman at the front desk ws pleasant when we checked in.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Lafayette, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Not sure where to start! We were put in a smoking room after requesting non-smoking, but they were nice enough to let me check several rooms and let me pick the one that suited me. As I was checking the beds, as I always do, I found that the sheet had a bloody spot on it...grossed me completely out! I took the top sheet off rather than changing rooms again. The workout out room had A/C issues, but it was tolerable. The only machines in the room that worked were the treadmill and one of the stationary bicycles. The rest of the machines were badly damaged and unusable. The pool was a strange shade of green and I wouldn't have dreamed of swimming in it. Again, I have a problem with hotel/motel owners who don't keep their facilities in good working order!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Maryville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

There was a large family reunion crowd staying in the hotel while we were there. Lots of children as well as adults. The morning we went down for breakfast, people were everywhere! My first impulse was to go back to the room and hope there would be a little something left later. However, as I was observing the crowd, things were really moving along smoothly. This was because two young ladies were on top of the situation.
They were in constant motion helping everyone and keeping fresh food items replenished. Always smiling and assisting while moving among the guests. We were very impressed

It was extremely hot when my husband went out to load our things into the car while I finished curling my hair. Going down the hall toward our exit, I saw my husband sitting in a chair drinking a cup of water looking very flushed. Sandra Pryer, the General Manager of this facility, was talking with him, making sure that he was okay. As it turned out, he was only hot and thirsty. But what Sandra didn't know was that he is on hypertension medication for a previous stroke some years ago. It was comforting to me to have her ensuring he was indeed just resting. With all of this running through my mind, I left my hair curling accessories on the table in the hall. Fortunately, Sandra or one of her employees found them before we were too far away to go back and get them.

There is a saying, "Good employees are hard to find." Obviously, the folks at this hotel have learned to spot the good ones!

We were very impressed with Sandra Pryer, General Manager at this location.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
brooklyn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

It has a great appearance, a cut above the typical motel (but you'll pay a bit more for it). Good, helpful staff, and nice breakfast area

• Stayed March 2011
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

I travel year round and this was one of the best hotels I've been in with great rates...The rooms were excellent, very clean, and attended to daily...The breakfast in the moring was fresh, and there were plenty of restaurants around the area...The staff was AMAZING, very polite, very helpful, and always courteous...Wonderful environment, a home away from home!!!!!

• Stayed March 2011
Hillsboro, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

We chose this hotel based on Trip Advisor ratings! If it is #1 in Jackson, I would hate to stay in any of the rest. The carpet seemed new, but the upholstery on sitting chair was stained and worn. Bathroom was is much need of repair and refurbishing. Tub did not drain, loose tub faucet, torn wallpaper, and dirt around baseboard and in the cracks. The evening desk person was very "unenthusiastic" about being helpful. I would definitely look elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

During our checkin at the Jameson Inn- Jackson the desk hosts made checkin a breeze. She was very courtesy and explain every detail. We were very happy to have such a plesant young lady.
The room was very large and accommodating to our needs. The staff was very attentive to each and every need. Location was great getting on and off the interstate. Quick arrival from and to the airport. Great area with restaurants of your choice. The continental breakfast was great not having to spend the extra on breakfast made a huge difference. On our next trip back to Jackson we will choose Jameson Inn -Jackson, MS.

Karen & Calvin
Minneapolis Minnesota

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Howard Johnson Jackson North Ridgeland? Share your experiences!