“Good Location for college visits” 4 of 5 stars

Cabot Lodge Millsaps
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2375 N State St, Jackson, MS 39202-1150   |
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Jackson
Dalton, Georgia
“Good Location for college visits”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We arrived on Thurs. June 20. We were visiting Belhaven University for freshman registration so the proximity to Belhaven was great, literally just a couple blocks away. Check in was quick and efficient. The staff, during our entire visit were courteous and professional. The hotel was clean and the lobby/ social area was large and very comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was very good with a variety of choices ranging from biscuits and gravy, eggs, meats to cereals. Staff was on hand to replenish and keep items well stocked.
The only negative during our visit was in our room. When we entered our room, there was a musty/mildew smell. The room itself along with the bath was very clean however. The odor could simply be age, I don't know. The only other item of note was during the night the sink was backing up, so there may have been some hotel plumbing issues occuring. If the room had not been as clean as it was, the above items could have been a reason to not visit again. But really the experience was fine. Now if we visited again and the same issues reoccured, then we probably wouldn't return, but we will be back for a second try, because the positive outweighed the negative.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ronnie072, General Manager at Cabot Lodge Millsaps, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for sharing your views concerning your recent visit to Cabot Lodge Millsaps. The entire staff and I are are pleased to hear what you think about our service and facilities.

We are looking forward to your next visit and hopefully we can make some improvement to the negative concern that you mentioned. We will do our best to provide a clean and inviting atmosphere for you.

Cabot Lodge Millsaps

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Guest floors need a new coat of paint, ceiling tiles out of place, stained carpets, odor in rooms, you'd be better off at a major chain. This hotel is ready for an upgrade. Don't stay if you have allergies.

• Stayed June 2013
Ronnie072, General Manager at Cabot Lodge Millsaps, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for telling us about your experience while being a guest at the Cabot Lodge Millsaps. All of us are pleased to know that the service and Lobby were deemed to be pleasant. We are disappointed that we failed to provide you with a total pleasant experience of our facility.

However, we do value your comments and we have already had the guest floor corridor carpets cleaned and re-arranged the out of place ceiling tiles and we will strive to further make improvements.

Once again thank you for sharing your comments with us.

Ronnie Roe, General Manager
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Cabot Lodge Millsaps for my daughter's graduation, May 9-13. The experience was horrible. The staff was rude and not helpful at all. They acted like they were doing me a favor by letting me stay in their hotel. Any number of things went wrong:
1) Toilet in room was broken
2) Phone in room was broken
3) Wi-Fi didn't work
4) housekeepers came to room at 8:15am to clean, banged on the door and almost broke it because the bar that prevents anyone from coming in was still locked because we were still asleep and we asked them to come back and they never came back.
5) The coffee continually ran out at the breakfast bar and the way was up to 20 minutes for a pot of coffee to be put out
The staff didn't care if they helped you or not. It was terrible!
This was the second bad experience that I have had in the past three weeks with this Cabot Lodge. I suggest you never go to this hotel. We will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay there.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I travel to Jackson, MS frequently and I am glad I found the Cabot Lodge Millsaps. My first stay was in July, 2011, and I have been back to this hotel many times since. I really like the friendly, helpful staff, the free parking, the free breakfast with lots of selections, the free Wi-Fi, and the short drive to downtown. Overall, the hotel is an excellent value. The only reason I didn't give the hotel an "excellent" rating is because the rooms, although perfectly acceptable, are a little bit dated and the HVAC systems are a little noisy. But I have never had any problems whatsoever with this hotel, so I definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: The front desk staff is very willing to accommodate requests for room preferences.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ronnie072, General Manager at Cabot Lodge Millsaps, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Mr. Paul H:

Thank you for your comments concerning the Cabot Lodge Millsaps. The entire Staff and I do appreciate hearing what our Guests have to say about our facility and services.

It is always our pleasure to serve our True Boss, the Hotel Guest.

little rock, arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was here for a bridge tournament. I left the room early to play and my husband stayed in the room. He was going to have lunch out at about noon and was going to remove the DND sign from the door when he left.

At 11 AM there was a letter placed under the door stating since the sign was out the housekeepers would not clean the room. Are you kidding me? I have been in hotels all over the world and have never had a housekeeping service state they would not clean a room after
11 AM. They did give us clean towels.

I went to the desk to complain but got nowhere. There were housekeepers still on the floor in the afternoon. One would think that the policy would be to keep guests happy.

If this hotel has such a policy I think the guest should be informed of it upon check in.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
I wish to thank you for sharing your comments concerning your recent stay at the Cabot Lodge Millsaps. We do appreciate hearing from our guests whether with a good experience or a not so good experience.

I can tell you the situation you described is not our normal procedure and I have discussed this with both the Executive Housekeeper, who was not on duty during the period you were here, and the Room Attendant that serviced the area where your room was located.

I do apologize to you for this inconvenience and hope that you will allow us to be of service to you the next time you visit Jackson, Mississippi.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel is very nice. It had a very nice breakfast alot to choose from. Popcorn popped for guest there. Very nice location and the staff were very nice and friendly. Rooms were a nice size and clean. Nice lounge to watch tv and visit if your with friends. Many restaurants near by.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind compliments. We do enjoy knowing that our Guests like our facility and services.

Ronnie roe, General Manager
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The location of this hotel is great, perfect for our overnight stay in Jackson. The kind of guests reflect its location; mainly medical staff, academics, patients or their families. This is NOT a party hotel, which suited us just fine, and is the reason for the title of this review.
The Happy Hour was pretty depressing to be honest, and the staff gave us the impression they would rather have been anywhere else. The decor in the dining room might not be to everyone's taste; I loved it. The rooms are spacious and spotlessly clean, the beds are very comfortable (got a great night's sleep) and the breakfast in the morning was one of the better ones we had in a six week American road trip.
Overall, this hotel is great value. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ronnie072, General Manager at Cabot Lodge Millsaps, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit to Cabot Lodge Millsaps. We are very pleased for the most part but we are very disappointed the of your review of the Hospitality Reception and the attitude of the staff. I will certainly look into this situation and strive to improve both the attention of Staff and Service.

Ronnie Roe, General Manager.

Been to Cabot Lodge Millsaps? Share your experiences!