“Earned my repeat business” 4 of 5 stars

Cabot Lodge Millsaps
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2375 N State St, Jackson, MS 39202-1150   |
Ranked #14 of 47 hotels in Jackson
Memphis, Tennessee
“Earned my repeat business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I travel to Jackson, MS frequently and I am glad I found the Cabot Lodge Millsaps. My first stay was in July, 2011, and I have been back to this hotel many times since. I really like the friendly, helpful staff, the free parking, the free breakfast with lots of selections, the free Wi-Fi, and the short drive to downtown. Overall, the hotel is an excellent value. The only reason I didn't give the hotel an "excellent" rating is because the rooms, although perfectly acceptable, are a little bit dated and the HVAC systems are a little noisy. But I have never had any problems whatsoever with this hotel, so I definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: The front desk staff is very willing to accommodate requests for room preferences.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ronnie072, General Manager at Cabot Lodge Millsaps, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Mr. Paul H:

Thank you for your comments concerning the Cabot Lodge Millsaps. The entire Staff and I do appreciate hearing what our Guests have to say about our facility and services.

It is always our pleasure to serve our True Boss, the Hotel Guest.

Ronnie Roe

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
little rock, arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was here for a bridge tournament. I left the room early to play and my husband stayed in the room. He was going to have lunch out at about noon and was going to remove the DND sign from the door when he left.

At 11 AM there was a letter placed under the door stating since the sign was out the housekeepers would not clean the room. Are you kidding me? I have been in hotels all over the world and have never had a housekeeping service state they would not clean a room after
11 AM. They did give us clean towels.

I went to the desk to complain but got nowhere. There were housekeepers still on the floor in the afternoon. One would think that the policy would be to keep guests happy.

If this hotel has such a policy I think the guest should be informed of it upon check in.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
I wish to thank you for sharing your comments concerning your recent stay at the Cabot Lodge Millsaps. We do appreciate hearing from our guests whether with a good experience or a not so good experience.

I can tell you the situation you described is not our normal procedure and I have discussed this with both the Executive Housekeeper, who was not on duty during the period you were here, and the Room Attendant that serviced the area where your room was located.

I do apologize to you for this inconvenience and hope that you will allow us to be of service to you the next time you visit Jackson, Mississippi.

Ronnie Roe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel is very nice. It had a very nice breakfast alot to choose from. Popcorn popped for guest there. Very nice location and the staff were very nice and friendly. Rooms were a nice size and clean. Nice lounge to watch tv and visit if your with friends. Many restaurants near by.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind compliments. We do enjoy knowing that our Guests like our facility and services.

Ronnie roe, General Manager
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The location of this hotel is great, perfect for our overnight stay in Jackson. The kind of guests reflect its location; mainly medical staff, academics, patients or their families. This is NOT a party hotel, which suited us just fine, and is the reason for the title of this review.
The Happy Hour was pretty depressing to be honest, and the staff gave us the impression they would rather have been anywhere else. The decor in the dining room might not be to everyone's taste; I loved it. The rooms are spacious and spotlessly clean, the beds are very comfortable (got a great night's sleep) and the breakfast in the morning was one of the better ones we had in a six week American road trip.
Overall, this hotel is great value. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ronnie072, General Manager at Cabot Lodge Millsaps, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit to Cabot Lodge Millsaps. We are very pleased for the most part but we are very disappointed the of your review of the Hospitality Reception and the attitude of the staff. I will certainly look into this situation and strive to improve both the attention of Staff and Service.

Ronnie Roe, General Manager.
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The Cabot Lodge Millsaps is good basic lodging in a great location for Jackson's cultural and historical attractions. It is located on a main city thoroughfare that takes you to several popular museums, the state capitol, and downtown restaurants. It's also close to the Fondren district with its shops and eating places. Our room was comfortable if a little dated in its furniture and bathroom fixtures. The hotel provides a great complimentary breakfast and complimentary evening drinks and snacks, as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
All of at Cabot Lodge Millsaps wish to thank you for your kind comments concerning your recent visit. We are very pleased that you chose the Cabot Lodge Millsaps for your stay while visiting in the Jackson, MS area and we do hope that if you visit our city again in the future that you will allow us the opportunity to be of service to you.

Ronnie Roe, General Manager
Troy, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The entire staff were friendly, proffesional and just plan great. This was my 8th time staying here. Rooms are clean and spacious. Every night they have free drinks from 5:30 till 7:30. Great place to relax for the evening and socialize with friends. I will be back next year.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Ronnie072, General Manager at Cabot Lodge Millsaps, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for your very kind remarks concerning our Cabot Lodge Millsaps. We are so happy that you continue to allow us to serve you and we do hope that you will once again have the opportunity to return.

Ronnie, General Manager
Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

We had to fly to Jackson because our son is in the military and had emergency surgery. We were able to catch a ride from the airport, and therefore did not rent a car.

We were able to walk to the hospital everyday without any problems. You do have to cross through a large intersection but there are crosswalks. I didn't see any hotels that were closer. The sidewalks in some areas are a little funky but still walkable.

The buffet breakfast is wonderful! Eggs, waffles, sausage, fresh fruit, juice, bagels, muffins, and a coffee/tea/hot chocolate area available 24 hours a day. In the evening there is frsh popped popcorn and some kind of beer/wine -complimentary.

When our son was discharged from the hospital we brought him to the hotel overnight. They brought us an extra bed - it arrived to our room before we got upstairs. We then sat in the lobby for hours near the fireplace enjoying popcorn and hot chocolate. I can't ever remember enjoying a hotel lobby as much as we did there. Also, it was wonderful to see our son finally able to relax after being hospitalized.

For supper, there is a Wendy's right in back of the hotel that you can walk to in a minute. Also the hospital has a Subway, McDonald's and a Chick Filet (sp?). There's also a hip Italian place just past the hospital called Sal's or something similar to that.

The staff was all very helpful and friendly. It may be a tad more expensive than other branded hotels but it's seriously worth the couple extra bucks to stay here.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Cabot Lodge Millsaps? Share your experiences!