“Worst meal in a long time” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #47 of 341 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Greek, Hamburgers, Lebanese, Mediterranean
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Petra Cafe serves authentic Greek, Mediterranean, and Lebanese cuisine. This restaurant is perfect for casual dining or great for groups. Hookah is available.
“Worst meal in a long time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

A friend and I there for dinner. We ordered our meal. I order a kabob. I could not eat it. My friends was just as bad. Terrible. Will not return.

petracafe, Owner at Petra Cafe & Hookah, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
I am disappointed that you were not able to rave about your meal as the majority of our customers do. We take great pride in preparing all of our meals from the heart with the best cuts of meat, fresh organic ingredients and authentic imported spices. As the owner, I am at the restaurant practically all of the time and ask all guests if they are satisfied with the food. Perhaps we did not ask you this particular time. Had I known about your dissatisfaction, I would have done everything possible to make sure you were satisfied and happy to have chosen Petra Cafe.

Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I was somewhat skeptical the first time I visited as there were not a whole lot of people there. Since then I have been numerous times as the food is good and the staff is friendly.

Thibodaux, Louisiana
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Loved the food. Can't wait to go back . Atmosphere good, service good. What more could you want? Hummus was definitely homemade and well seasoned. Hookah was a new fun experience.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
LIZELIA
“It was OK, 3 1/2 stars but you can't give 1/2.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The lamb was very good and so was the chicken and humus. We ordered the Lebanese ice tea, but we got a lemonade drink, no pine nuts. Could have been a mixup. It wasn't bad, but wasn't what we ordered. Also the stuffed grape leaves were stuffed mainly with air, very little filling. I wish they had just said they were out, instead of trying to stretch the contents. I lived in Greece (Crete) for 1 1/2 years, so I got a chance to eat lots of Med food. I had eaten at this location a few times before when it was the same type of food, but a different name. Don't think I'll go back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Mississippi
“Aman's new place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have known the owner for years since he started his first restaurant in Ridgeland in 2007. The food is authentic Mediterranean and the spice is "just right". The service is spotty at times, but I highly recommend the lunch buffet!

Visited July 2012