“It was OK, 3 1/2 stars but you can't give 1/2.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #48 of 341 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Greek, Hamburgers, Lebanese, Mediterranean
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Petra Cafe serves authentic Greek, Mediterranean, and Lebanese cuisine. This restaurant is perfect for casual dining or great for groups. Hookah is available.
LIZELIA
“It was OK, 3 1/2 stars but you can't give 1/2.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The lamb was very good and so was the chicken and humus. We ordered the Lebanese ice tea, but we got a lemonade drink, no pine nuts. Could have been a mixup. It wasn't bad, but wasn't what we ordered. Also the stuffed grape leaves were stuffed mainly with air, very little filling. I wish they had just said they were out, instead of trying to stretch the contents. I lived in Greece (Crete) for 1 1/2 years, so I got a chance to eat lots of Med food. I had eaten at this location a few times before when it was the same type of food, but a different name. Don't think I'll go back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Madison, Mississippi
“Aman's new place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have known the owner for years since he started his first restaurant in Ridgeland in 2007. The food is authentic Mediterranean and the spice is "just right". The service is spotty at times, but I highly recommend the lunch buffet!

Visited July 2012
Jackson, Mississippi, United States
“love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Great mediterranean food, cool patio! Love the hummus/salad/dip all-you-can-eat buffet area with tabouli and sides. Great touch. Will definitely go again!

Visited July 2012
Jackson, Mississippi
“Better options within walking distance”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

My wife and I went here for early lunch on a weekday and arrived with
only 3 other tables occupied. My wife ordered grilled shrimp gyros,
which took nearly 15 minutes to make. Knowing how long it takes to
cook shrimp we should have known something was amiss. And it was. Four
shrimp came out as dark and hard as onyx chess pieces. Completely
inedible. We would have told someone, however, no one came to check on
us. I had the standard vegetarian plate, nothing exotic, the usual
hummus, baba ganooch, tebouleh. And....the tab was well north of $30!
Way over-priced for a restaurant like this in this town. The better
place for Middle-eastern/Mediterranean food is right around the
corner.

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
petracafe, Owner at Petra Cafe & Hookah, responded to this review, December 15, 2011
Thank you for visiting Petra Cafe and for posting a review. I am saddened that your visit was not a positive one. As the owner of Petra Cafe, I take your complaint seriously. I strive to make sure that the food is the best quality and prepared properly. I apologize for your wife's shrimp gyro and can't imagine what could have gone wrong with the preparation of the gyro. Normally, we put 6 jumbo size, fresh shrimp on the gyro and certainly not overcooked. Close to 15 minutes to prepare food is not unusual especially since it takes that long to cook falafel that comes on the vegetarian plate. We make everything fresh and to order, not prepared in advance. One shrimp gyro and a vegetarian plate should have had your bill at $16.48 not including drinks and sales tax.

I personally invite you to come to visit us again on my bill. Just come, order and when you are ready to check out, let me know you are the Trip Advisor reviewer.
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
“Enjoy this GEM of an ethnic experience in Jackson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

I totally agree with the reviewer before me. This place is so authentic we were blown away. From the host's greeting, the decor & service, to the absolutely wonderful tasting food...everything is very very good here. We arrived a bit before their dinner was starting, yet we were graciously seated and tended to. I enjoyed the Gyro/Chicken Combo Plate, which was large enough to feed 2plus! Their hummus is outta this world good, so try it if you can. They have TVs playing amazing Arab shows, music...When I asked for more feta the waiter brought me a small container and told me to take as much as I wanted!!! I died and went to heaven! Again, I agree with the last reviewer, this is a definite place to visit when in Jackson!!

• Visited August 2011