“Wow!! My kids lived it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 42 Attractions in Jackson
Type: Children's Museums
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The Mississippi Children's Museum is your Destination for Imagination. MCM wants to ignite the spark of creativity that is inside each and everyone of us and awaken a lifelong passion for learning, exploration and discovery. Visit the Mississippi Children's Museum and get inspired! Open Tuesday through Saturday 9a-5p and Sunday 1p-6p.
“Wow!! My kids lived it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have a 3 yr old and 6 yr old. They loved every minute of it! As did my husband and I :-) So clean and well kept! Tons to do! Worth the money and time!

Jackson, Mississippi
“The food selection is horrible and pushes customers to purchase.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

My kids have a severe allergy on certain food. I packed some food for my own kids and purchased drinks at the cafe. The director of museum asked me to purchase foods- horrible pizza, few selection of snacks- otherwise he said we have to eat outside (under the sunshine with 100 degree).
Even I purchased drinks, we cannot stay inside eating. The employee publicly embarrassed and offended me in front of other kids because I did not purchase SNACKS at the cafe.

Visited June 2013
MCMMarketing, Manager at Mississippi Children's Museum, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear June Y,

Thank you very much for visiting the Mississippi Children's Museum. We are very sorry that you did not have a positive experience in the museum. We try very diligently to make our visitors and members our priority in all of our decisions at the museum.

We attempt to make all of our visitors aware of our outside food policy and will continue to work to find better ways of posting and communicating our policy of no outside food in the museum. Because we are providing café service as well as protecting our exhibits from repeated exposure to food products, we must have a strong policy regarding food and drink.

We provide a wide range of snack options for children and families to enjoy and will continue to look for additional snack options that meet the needs of children with food allergies.

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the opportunity to learn ways that we can improve our service to the children and families that visit us.

Kindly,
MCM Management Team
Monroe, Louisiana
“Fun for All”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My family and I recently visited the museum and it was AMAZING!! As soon as my 5yr old walked in, his mouth dropped. My 1yr daughter was also able to enjoy some of the exhibits and activities. My husband and I had a great time also!

Just make sure you go through the correct entrance.

Jackson
7 attraction reviews
“Happy Place for Kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

If you want to give your kids somewhere to go for a day this is the place. It has so much for them to do and the adults and get in on the action as well.

Visited April 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
“Best children's museum I've been to”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We've been to five children's museums in the US and this is our favorite one, hands down. The kids love it and always protest when it's time to go. There are many exhibits, everything is clean and well-maintained, and the staff is friendly and helpful. As some one who grew up in Mississippi, I really enjoy the state theme and use it as an opportunity to teach my children about my home state. We try to go whenever we're in Jackson.

Visited April 2013