“Big rooms, no complaints.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 47 Hotels in Jackson
Usk, United Kingdom
“Big rooms, no complaints.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

My two friends and I stayed here as a stop off on our Amtrak journey from New Orleans to Mississippi. It's conveniently located - about 5-10 minutes walk from Amtrak and about 15 to the main part of downtown Jackson. Our room was massive , the beds were massive and comfy, the bathroom was massive and had a bath as well as shower. Good wifi too. We were able to leave our bags there after check-out till our train and the whole motel was pretty quiet. Breakfast was not amazing granted, but it was more than ok for free food. The staff were helpful and didn't get angry when we were forced to check out late after getting stranded at Walmart waiting for a taxi for an hour (DO NOT TAKE CABS IN JACKSON).

The only improvement would have perhaps been if the staff were more knowledgeable about where to eat/visit on a weekend. Saturday night was totally dead in Jackson (apart from a great little food place/bar called Hal and Mal's) and on Sunday EVERYWHERE was closed. As British tourists, we hadn't expected this from the state capital! We had to walk over an hour across town to find somewhere that was open we could grab lunch at. However, of course that's not the motel staff's fault!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Kimberly D, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. We really appreciate the great comments and will use your feedback to correct any areas that need improvements.

Kimberly Davis
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I kind of was expecting a bad experience about this property. Mainly just because it was Jackson. My only complaint had nothing to do with the hotel. Just that there was no where to eat on a Sunday. Well I take that back. I was driving a large vehicle and I had to wait for their lot to clear out for me to park there. It is definitely not designed for large vehicles. But anyway, the rooms seemed very clean and modern. Staff was very friendly, both afternoon and night shift. I had to leave way before they served breakfast so I cant comment on that. And the neighborhood wasnt as bad as I was expecting as well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I was in Jackson Ms. for an extended period of time, My stay at The Sleep Inn was great, Management and staff were excellent and always friendly and accommodating. The Hotel and room was clean, modern, comfortable, and overall of good quality.
I would truly recommend The Sleep Inn Downtown to anybody visiting Jackson Mississippi.

I always felt safe, and never once had a problem with the neighborhood or otherwise.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kimberly D, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to tell us about your recent stay. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for allowing Sleep Inn & Suites to be "Your Home Away From Home." We hope to see you soon!

Kimberly Davis
GM
Topeka, KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Check in was easy. Nice room. Not located in a very good neighborhood. Didn't have any problems but was a little concerned with security. Breakfast buffet was just fair. Major train track about 2 block away. Several trains passed during the night.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments with us, we really appreciate the great comments about the hotel. However, we are sadden that Downtown Jackson did not meet your expectations. The city is changing phases and hopefully soon, the area will be a Jewel. Thanks again for choosing Sleep Inn & Suites.
West Monroe, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Upon arrival, I was greeted by the front desk clerk Antoinette. She was very nice and especially helpful. All of the staff I interacted with were very friendly and accommodating.
I was however a little disappointed with the neighborhood upon arrival. I didn't have any problems but I was somewhat worried about the security of the parking lot considering the front doors were locked before 5 pm. The property is also very close to a passenger train station so I was also concerned about transient foot traffic.
The hotel was very well equipped and nicely decorated. All the amenities you would expect. Good housekeeping in the room but somewhat lacking in the halls, ie stains on the walls.
The Best Value for my week of staying in different hotels in this area!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Kimberly D, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
On behalf of our entire team, Sleep Inn & Suites would like to thank you for your wonderful comments. We are very sorry that the location did not meet your expectations, however do not let that steer you away. Jackson is reviving, so hopefully when you return, things would be a lot different. Hope to see you again.
Tampa, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

The hotel is nice enough for the money. Unfortunately the neighborhood is quite shady. We walked across the street for dinner, they have to have a sheriff deputy posted outside because of the neighborhood. When we walked back to the hotel, we saw a man walking with his pants down, literally down! We didn't have children with us but at any age you shouldn't have to see this walking back from dinner!!!
It was a bit unsettling to think about our vehicle being in the parking lot all night but everything was ok in the morning.
Also there is a train that runs near the hotel all night long:(

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments, we are glad you enjoyed the hotel and hope to assist you again. See you soon!
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

There was a mix up with my suite due from an online issue my room was assigned to three other people however the overnight attended assist me very well she was very helpful and very nice I appreciate her understanding and taking care of the situation at hand the whole staff from front of the house to back of the house was very friendly I really enjoyed my stay the rooms was very clean and well kept thanks sleep inn a job well done

Room Tip: after checking the hotel (online) make sure you call the hotel to speak to a representative to help...