“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 47 Hotels in Jackson
Las Vegas
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I kind of was expecting a bad experience about this property. Mainly just because it was Jackson. My only complaint had nothing to do with the hotel. Just that there was no where to eat on a Sunday. Well I take that back. I was driving a large vehicle and I had to wait for their lot to clear out for me to park there. It is definitely not designed for large vehicles. But anyway, the rooms seemed very clean and modern. Staff was very friendly, both afternoon and night shift. I had to leave way before they served breakfast so I cant comment on that. And the neighborhood wasnt as bad as I was expecting as well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I was in Jackson Ms. for an extended period of time, My stay at The Sleep Inn was great, Management and staff were excellent and always friendly and accommodating. The Hotel and room was clean, modern, comfortable, and overall of good quality.
I would truly recommend The Sleep Inn Downtown to anybody visiting Jackson Mississippi.

I always felt safe, and never once had a problem with the neighborhood or otherwise.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kimberly D, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to tell us about your recent stay. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for allowing Sleep Inn & Suites to be "Your Home Away From Home." We hope to see you soon!

Kimberly Davis
GM
Topeka, KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Check in was easy. Nice room. Not located in a very good neighborhood. Didn't have any problems but was a little concerned with security. Breakfast buffet was just fair. Major train track about 2 block away. Several trains passed during the night.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments with us, we really appreciate the great comments about the hotel. However, we are sadden that Downtown Jackson did not meet your expectations. The city is changing phases and hopefully soon, the area will be a Jewel. Thanks again for choosing Sleep Inn & Suites.
West Monroe, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Upon arrival, I was greeted by the front desk clerk Antoinette. She was very nice and especially helpful. All of the staff I interacted with were very friendly and accommodating.
I was however a little disappointed with the neighborhood upon arrival. I didn't have any problems but I was somewhat worried about the security of the parking lot considering the front doors were locked before 5 pm. The property is also very close to a passenger train station so I was also concerned about transient foot traffic.
The hotel was very well equipped and nicely decorated. All the amenities you would expect. Good housekeeping in the room but somewhat lacking in the halls, ie stains on the walls.
The Best Value for my week of staying in different hotels in this area!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Kimberly D, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
On behalf of our entire team, Sleep Inn & Suites would like to thank you for your wonderful comments. We are very sorry that the location did not meet your expectations, however do not let that steer you away. Jackson is reviving, so hopefully when you return, things would be a lot different. Hope to see you again.
Tampa, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

The hotel is nice enough for the money. Unfortunately the neighborhood is quite shady. We walked across the street for dinner, they have to have a sheriff deputy posted outside because of the neighborhood. When we walked back to the hotel, we saw a man walking with his pants down, literally down! We didn't have children with us but at any age you shouldn't have to see this walking back from dinner!!!
It was a bit unsettling to think about our vehicle being in the parking lot all night but everything was ok in the morning.
Also there is a train that runs near the hotel all night long:(

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments, we are glad you enjoyed the hotel and hope to assist you again. See you soon!
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

There was a mix up with my suite due from an online issue my room was assigned to three other people however the overnight attended assist me very well she was very helpful and very nice I appreciate her understanding and taking care of the situation at hand the whole staff from front of the house to back of the house was very friendly I really enjoyed my stay the rooms was very clean and well kept thanks sleep inn a job well done

Room Tip: after checking the hotel (online) make sure you call the hotel to speak to a representative to help...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the great comments. It is our pleasure to go above and beyond to assist our guest. I am very glad the agent on duty took care of your needs. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. Comments like yours, make us continue to strive for EXCELLENCE. We hope to see you again.
Calhoun, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

This hotel is in a very convenient location to the downtown area of Jackson. The room are very well kept, and clean. The hotel offers the usual amenities such as free Wi-Fi and a printer in the lobby. Free USA Today newspapers are available early in the morning, as is a scrumptious breakfast. This is the ONLY hotel where the breakfast has included grits to go with the eggs and sausage.

The breakfast was well prepared and well presented. The only thing missing was fresh fruit for those guests who might not have been raised on grits and biscuits. The employee attending the breakfast area was very dedicated and congenial.

As stated earlier, the rooms were clean and in great condition. My room was well appointed with everything I needed, including an iron and ironing board to press those wrinkles from my travel worn clothes. My only concern was the shower area that had nothing but solid walls on each side. There was no hand hold, no soap or shampoo dish available. I consider the shower a bit of a safety risk. The hotel needs to address this issue.

The greatest part I liked about my visit is that the hotel staff were truly professional and friendly. The rate was more than competitive, especially given that it is located only a 10 minute walk from most of the downtown business district.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for quiet, clean, and comfortable rooms at a very good price and an outstanding staff. My stay was from November 12 through November 14, 2013.

Room Tip: I actually did not see a swimming pool but the exercise room was well equipped.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We greatly appreciate all the wonderful comments. I will have our engineering department look into those issues that did not meet your satisfaction. We thank you again, and hope to see you soon!

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown? Share your experiences!