“Did i really stay at a different hotel?” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 47 Hotels in Jackson
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Did i really stay at a different hotel?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed here for one night this month, checking in after a long drive from New Orleans. My son and I were told that there was no reservation for us by a very surly girl who then attended to someone else. Eventually she said she would sort it the next morning with the manageress and gave us a room with one bed {we are mother and son) when we complained we were then given a room that we suspect was ours in the first place as our name was on the wifi code in the room.
Of all the hotels we stayed in, the attitude of this young girl would not encourage me to return.Other than that the hotel was extremely comfortable but I didn't feel very safe in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Kimberly D, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

601-896-0390

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Memphis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Lets give credit where credit is due! Kimberly Davis and her staff are the best! I travel to Jackson several months out of the year. I've stayed at several hotels ranging from Extended Stay Deluxes to the Hyatt. I must say this hotel has been my favorite. The rates are very affordable and accommodating. The rooms are very clean and modern. The bathroom is very spacious and the water is always hot. They even offer a nice hot breakfast including eggs, sausage, muffins, cereal, grits, etc. My kids love to cook their own hot and fresh waffles right off the waffle maker. The hotel staff is kind and very considerate. They were very understanding to my needs and complaint. They made sure my family was taken care of. This hotel is literally in walking distance to the beautiful campus of Jackson State University and in the heart of downtown Jackson.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper floors are larger.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kimberly D, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for the great reviews, my staff and I enjoy hearing wonderful comments. Reviews like yours make us continue to roll out the red carpet. We look forward to seeing you again!
Murfreesboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Thank you Kimberly Dvis and Sleep Inn in Jackson, Ms....for a wonderful stay. I was here last year visiting and recruiting at Jackson State University. Because this was such a wonderfully clean Inn and close the University, I decided to make this my spot every year I come to visit and recruit.

The hospitality is unmatched. Very clean facility, reasonable in price giving the state rate for businesses. The staff were extremely helpful in directing me to an excellent dinning experience at The Elite.

I had a few hours before my next appointment and received additional help in visiting a local Art Museum.

Sleep Inn in Jackson should be number one on the recommended list by the Better Business Bureau and Visitor's Center. Thank you Kimberly Davis. See you next year. The progressive development of the downtown area will only enhance what you have to offer, but may take 5-10 years before you see the much added benefit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kimberly D, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We really appreciate the wonderful compliments and glad you enjoyed your stay.

Decatur, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I travel to Jackson about once a month lately and tried this hotel on my most recent stay. I really liked the room layout and the decor. The beds were comfortable and and rooms were clean.

The breakfast was ok, but they ran out of food pretty early and food was not replenished.
On the first night I heard a train near the hotel, but it did not really wake us up the next night.
The location is great and convenient to everything in Jackson.

There were a few issues: the carpet in the elevator and the hallways were stained and not clean. There were visible stains on the carpet. There were also several light bulbs that were out which made the hallway dark. The bathroom bulb wattage was low which made it dark.

Overall this is a great hotel, but hope the owners/management do a better job of maintaining this great hotel and replenish and clean the breakfast area.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front of the building gets a little more noise, but there isn't much noise from the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Kimberly D, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We have replaced all light bulbs and the carpet is cleaned on a regular basis, considering the color of the carpet some stains are difficult to remove. However, we are looking into another brand standard carpet.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is just down the street from Jackson State University. I've stayed here three times and have already made future reservations for this fall because of my positive experiences here. I always choose to stay in the more "Upscale" hotels when I travel, just because I expect and would normally be guaranteed a pleasant experience, however, for the value and convenience to my destination, this Sleep Inn has to offer, it will be one of two hotels of my choice while in Jackson. The only negative thing is the surrounding area (local community), and the breakfast is not that great...edible...but just that. I would definitely recommend Friends and Family to stay here, for the convenience of visiting the University.

• Stayed August 2013
Kimberly D, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to tell us about your recent stay. We thank you for choosing Sleep Inn & Suites, you could have stayed anywhere, but you chose us. It is always good to hear how our guest feel so that we can continue to strive for Excellence. We look forward to seeing you soon!

GM
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I spoke with Kimberly-customer service and she really helped me out. I stayed at the Sleep Inn before and was quite pleased by everything. I especially loved the immaculate conditions of the room/hotel too. Staff made us feel very welcomed. I have NO complaints about this hotel. Thanks to Kimberly for going above and beyond!!! I plan to make this our hotel for every trip when visiting ...that's a promise :-)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. We enjoy pleasing our guest, that's what we're here for. If you ever need us again, you know we are only 1 call away.
Look forward to seeing you again!!

Madison, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Wonderful customer service and excellent facilities! They bent over backwards to provide the extras beyond what is expected. Extremely courteous and went beyond the call of duty to help guests. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We really appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

601-896-0390

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown? Share your experiences!