“Great place to rest your head!” 4 of 5 stars

Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   209 South Gallatin Street, Jackson, MS 39203   |
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Jackson
Jefferson City, MO
“Great place to rest your head!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We were pretty road weary when we pulled up to the hotel. It was exactly what we needed. Easy check it. Clean and comfy rooms. The breakfast in the morning was nice with waffle maker, yogurt, sausage, eggs, biscuits, etc. I would have liked to have fruit of some kind but I may have been out for the day.

• Stayed June 2013

Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I had a great stay at Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown last week. I stayed on a Friday and Saturday night and was well taken care of by Linda, Antoinette and Dot throughout. They were kind and enthusiastic and wonderful.

It's true that the hotel is surrounded by some rather run down buildings, but I never, ever felt unsafe in the neighborhood or in the hotel. It's just blocks from the convention center and museums downtown, and was about an 18-minute drive to the airport. My room was well-lit, well-appointed, clean and comfortable, and breakfast was delicious. In most places it's a continental breakfast, but theirs was a hot food breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stay at the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown when traveling back and forward to Monroe, LA. My son's never wants to stay anywhere but Sleep Inn, mind you he is only 5 years old. We are always treated like royalty. Ms Linda and Ms. Antoninett (Sorry for the misspelling of your name) are always helpful. Kim is GREAT. We love her.The breakfast is always good and my rooms is always clean. I really appreciate you all for everything and I will return soon. The hotel has the best customer service hands down.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MyFamily2013
Kimberly D, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Kennesaw, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in kind of an industrial location, I would not want to be walking around outside after dark. But the hotel itself is modern, spotless, and beautifully decorated. The breakfast was nice and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Amy H
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I visit Jackson at least 3-4 times a year and I make it my business to stay at the Sleep In in Downtown Jackson. The rooms are always immaculately clean, as well as the whole facility. The staff is warm and friendly and provides me with the southern hospitality I miss when I'm at home in New York.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank SimplyKiya
Jonesboro, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way to New Orleans. We were not familiar with the area and booked this online. First of all, it isn't in a great location. It says downtown, but it should say the outskirts of downtown... definitely not downtown! There is a metal fence going around the hotel and you have to use your room key to even get into the hotel. We heard sirens 2 or 3 times in the one night we stayed there. When we walked into our room it smelled like dirty feet or gym shoes... NOT GOOD! Also, the place didn't appear to be that clean for only being 2 years old. Your could see smears and finger prints on the walls. The only thing that saved this hotel is the common area seemed cleaner and breakfast was provided the next morning. I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Jaime W
Verona, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband, son and I just returned home from a 4 day stay at Sleep Inn in Jackson and were pleasantly surprised to find one of the nicest hotels we have stayed at. It is clean, modern and decorated beautifully. The morning breakfast was very good with many hot and cold choices. But the best part of this stay had to be the staff at this hotel. I felt like we were leaving family when we checked out. You will not meet a nicer bunch of people anywhere. And we spent our days exploring the city and found the people to be very friendly and gracious. Southern hospitality is alive and well in Jackson, MS. They are revitalizing the city and it shows! Good job Jackson and thank you for a wonderful time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family