“Above and Beyond” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 47 hotels in Jackson
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Above and Beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Very nice place. Clean room. Convenient location. Friendly staff. But one staff member in particular went far above and beyond what can be expected of any employee. Khinde Allen was an absolute GEM in assisting us when we found our reservation had been mishandled and we would have been without accommodations for hours. He personally spoke to the reservation line for us and told them in no uncertain terms that he was going to take care of our "problem" himself and then he did just that. Were it not for his tenacity, this very pleasant stay would have been a nightmare. Thanks again Khinde. I hope the Baymont Inn and Suites appreciate just what an invaluable employee you are!!!

Room Tip: Do not call the 800 reservation line when you are very close to the hotel/motel. This is the mistak...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Sherdonna M, General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to know that we were able to accommodate you. Here at Baymont Inn of Jackson we pride ourselves in great customer service and cleanliness, and we are overjoyed to know that it shined through in your stay. We appreciate your kind words and we hope you chose to stay with us again in the future.

265 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was scheduled for a procedure that required minor surgery. My wife and I had to drive a long distance, so we chose Baymont to stay while preparing for the procedure and recovery. The last thing someone facing a medical procedure needs is to worry about a filthy hotel room or bad service. The staff was great and true helpful servants. I feel they went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and uneventful so we could concentrate on the reason for our stay. The room was clean and comfortable. The overall two night stay really allowed us to focus on the preparation and recovery before making the long trip back home. Thanks Baymont.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Sherdonna M, General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel and amenities and the service our associates provided during your visit. I will be sure to share your compliments with our staff! We would be happy to have you stay with us again! Please contact us for future reservations.
SALTILLO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This was the first time to stay at Baymont but won't be the last. Very nice and clean. The lobby and breakfast area was very inviting and clean. Enjoyed the breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Sherdonna M, General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you for your review of our Baymont Inn & Suites Jackson, MS. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and our breakfast. On behalf of our entire staff, thank you for staying with us. We are happy to accommodate you whenever you are in the area. Please come back and see us soon! If I can be of any assistance with future reservations, please contact me directly. We looking forward to seeing you again!
BRENTWOOD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

When we arrived the staff was very friendly. We did not however have a trash can in our room. We managed with the laundry bag. On Saturday, the TV remote was missing and still no trash can. The young lady on the desk at around 630 must have been having a bad day, but she did get us another remote and a trash can. Monday morning, the lady at breakfast was extremely nice and very helpful.
The shower curtain did have mildew on it, but we are under the understanding that many renovations are about to take place.

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Sherdonna M, General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Hi Melissa,

I would like to first thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed the friendly staff that we have here. I would like to apologize for the missing items that were not in your room. I have talked with my housekeeping staff to ensure they pay extra attention to detail and that each room has all of the amenities. I would like to invite you back to stay with us if you are ever in Jackson again.
dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Decent value........ needs updating and better breakfast offerings. Would recommend with caveats to future guests. Could be better than it is with some updating of the facilities and equipment.

Dear Guest,

I would like to first thank you for choosing our property for your lodging needs while in visiting Jackson, MS. I'm happy that you found the value of our property suitable as well. I'm pleased to inform you that our property will start the upgrade process in the near future. Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
GREEN VALLEY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The rooms were disgusting. The hallways and rooms smelled horrifically of carpet powder to cover up the stinch. We stayed one night and transferred to another Hotel with a good reputation. Don't think I will ever stay in a Baymont again, or refer someone to a Baymont.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize that your stay was less that satisfactory. I will present the cleaning issues to my housekeeping supervisor and I can assure you that we will take care of the situation. We do value you as our guest, and would appreciate if you allowed us a chance to make it up to you on your next stay.
DIKE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The hotel was as expected and was very good. I was disappointed in the breakfast as it was mediocre at best. I must say the person who actually made our stay wonderful was the guy who checked us in. I believe his name was Khendle and he was an absolute doll! He went through different restaurants for us when requested and was extremely pleasant. I would stay here again as it did meet our needs and did not feel dirty as some hotels do.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Please allow me this opportunity to thank you for your kind words. I'm delighted that Khinde' was courteous and hospitable to you during your stay. I will be sure to recognize him on a job well done. We look forward to taking care of your hospitality needs in the future.

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!