“very nice property” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Jackson
Cudahy, Wisconsin
“very nice property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

This was a very nice hotel - clean & comfortable. The front desk staff was friendly. Nice breakfast.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Jackson, Mississippi, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

I recently accepted a free night with a competitor hotel and was totally reminded why Michael Blount and the Baymont Inn & Suites in Jackson, MS is where I really enjoy staying and will continue to do so. Outstanding job Michael !!.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

I stayed here for a week love the location and the managment was awsome. My room was very much so spacious and I feelelt very safe with my child and I. When I go back to jackson,ms I will always stay here!!

• Stayed January 2011
farmington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

Room was very large. It smelled fresh (no cigarette stench). Carpet had some mild stains, but not a problem for us. Water was hot. Room was clean. We were a little afraid based on some bad reviews, but we were VERY pleased and would stay again. If your vacations are on a budget and you are a bargin shopper, I think you will be pleased with this hotel. Plan to grab breakfast somewhere else. The only thing good was the cereal.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Cape Girardeau, Mo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

Stayed here overnight on a quick one night stayover. Not wanting to pay the outlandish price of $110 before taxes charged by the Drury, my wife and I stopped in here and got a room for the night for $49.95.
Our room was very spacious and clean. It also had a mini fridge, sink, coffee maker and microwave. We thought for $50 it was a heck of a deal. It was located near several easy to get to areas, so it worked out well.
The breakfast wasn't the best, but what the heck, I didn't expect it to be Cracker Barrel for those prices. It did have free internet and a small work-out room.
My only complaint is that in returning, I looked up the hotel on the internet (first time staying here or at any Baymont) and it DOES take AAA. The front desk guy said that the $49.95 price room was the best they had and that AAA would not be accepted. On the internet, with the 10% discount, it had me saving $5 with my AAA card. But if that is the biggest beef I have, then it is small potatoes. We said we would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Laurel, MS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

When I checked in & went to my room, the room was not clean - there was hair on the bathroom vanity, the carpet was dirty, even a used toothpick on the carpet. I immediately called the front desk and told them the room was not clean - I was given another room which looked clean. I had to go out for a few hours, when I returned and turned back the bed there was hair on the sheets - the sheets were dirty - looked like a black shoe print and a brown streak on the bottom sheet . The blanket had a one inch diameter hole in it and a large stain on it. I went to the front desk and complained - I was given a different set of sheets which did not fit the bed(Queen sheets for a King bed) - I called the front desk and after being given 2 more sets of Queen sheets, finally obtained King Set that fit bed- however they were thread bare in places, but hopefully clean. The next morning I found out the vanity sink was stopped up with someones beard hair - cleaned it out myself. The shower doors had mildew around the bottom. There was no remote for the TV in the room - I had to ask for one 3 times in a 5 hour period to obtain one. I certainly would never stay here again and would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

I made reservations online for this hotel approximately one week before my stay. We checked in at approximately 11 pm and as soon as we got to the room, we noticed there were no towels. My friend immediately called the front desk, and nobody answered. We decided to go to bed and call back in the morning for towels.
We woke up at 6:30 as we had to leave by 8 and my friend called for towels again. The front desk attendant told her they did not have any. We called back fifteen minutes later and the front desk attendant again advised they did not have any towels available and that if we wanted to wait until 8, when the manager arrived, they may be able to find some to wash for us.
We immediately packed our bags and went down to the front desk to check out, so we could go to another hotel that would provide us the basic amenities, so we could bathe. The front desk attendant(same one from the night before) advised he didn't know how to process a credit card refund and later told us that he did not feel that we were due a refund because we spent the night in the room. I immediately asked for the Baymont Inn customer service number and he told me that he didn't know what it was. I actually had to go over to the customer computer in the lobby and look it up myself. My friend asked for a receipt and they printed her one for someone with a different name and different room type. I was told by customer service that each of their hotels is individually owned and operated and that I would hear from someone within three days.
Two and a half days later, I receive an email from the hotel manager. Michael Blount,offering us a free night stay should we pass through Jackson again. I sent him an email back explaining the situation and requesting that our payment for Friday night be refunded since we had to go to another hotel that morning, check in, just to bathe. The next morning I hadn't heard anything back from him, so I sent another email to him requesting the status of the refund. When I received no response from it, I decided to call Mr. Blount. He indicated that he wanted to speak with the staff who was present at the time would call me back the next day. I received an email response offering a 50% refund as he felt that since we stayed in the room, we should have to pay half. I emailed him the next day and finally sent him another email requesting his supervisor and/or the hotel owner's names and contact information. He has yet to respond back.
Apparently this hotel feels that having the opportunity to bathe is a luxury. We would have never stayed there had we known we would be treated this way. Please stay away from this hotel.

P.S.: the hair dryer in the bathroom was broken, and the entire back side was missing. The fan blade was exposed which could cause injury to a child or anyone who attempts to use it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends