“Best Hamburger” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 341 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Ice Cream, Family Fare
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Brent's Drugs opened as a neighborhood drugstore and soda fountain in 1946. Today, its retains the original harm operates as a pharmacy-free diner and gift shop. The soda fountain and classic bar stools remain in the original 1946 location and are still a gathering place for friends and neighbors alike. Over 65 years after its opening, Brent's Drugs continues to prescribe soda fountain favorites, unique gifts and Southern hospitality. Breakfast is served at 6:30 AM Tues-Friday and 8:00 AM on Saturday, while lunch is served 10:00-4:30 Monday through Saturday. Open from 11:00-2:00 on Sundays.
Jackson, Mississippi
“Best Hamburger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

The absolute best hamburger in Jackson and the best atmosphere! The shakes are really good and so is the chicken salad!

Visited November 2013

Thorsby, Alabama, United States
“Fun day out with my friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stopped by to check this place out on a Monday afternoon. We purchased shakes, fries and chicken salad and all were great.Kid friendly.

“Best, thickest malt ever!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Be prepared for your clothes to smell like a diner when you leave. Apparently the cook top does not exhaust to the outside.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jackson, Mississippi
“Apothecary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I actually wasn't at Brent's, I was at Apothecary, but I'm guessing they charged my American Express as Brents! At any rate, the food was fabulous. I had tater tots with three dipping sauces, the one that left a lasting memory was the spicy ketchup. I also had the sliders which were amazing. My friend at the bar also made a fantabulous grapefruit virgin drink for me. They're real mixologist in there!

Visited January 2014
mississippi
“Hate the Changes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I had not been in Brent's in a while and met some friends there today for lunch. So surprised that you are trying to change the atmosphere in Brent's. where are the hamburger buns (the real ones). I did not like the rolls that you were serving. That is not Bren't. where are the krinkle fries? Why mess up a good thing. where are all the ladies that used to work there. Brent's was a wonderful and fun place to go. I noticed that the customers were different than what it used to be. I am surprised that you want to change knowing that it was such a unique place. All of the photos are gone. I don't think we will be back. So sad. Also my hamburger was burnt and that is not normal. Also prices went way up. This is not the fun place anymore.

• Visited January 2014