“Great service” 5 of 5 stars

Parking Package
Ranked #4 of 47 Hotels in Jackson
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed out of convenience to start with and got so much more! Many of my high school class mates stayed this weekend to celebrate our 30 year reunion and could not have enjoyed our stay more! I have heard nothing but praises from them since! The service from the time we pulled up to the curb until we finally came in from the front patio was divine! Many of the staff was fairly new to their jobs, some less than a month, however, they were ALL top of the line! Thank you for a lovely weekend in Grand Style!
Becky and Kelly Allen
Clinton High
Class of 1984

• Stayed July 2014
tripin1, VP - HRI at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear class of 84 attendee's;

Thanks for your stay with us, and so glad to hear you enjoyed your reunion, and stay with us. We'll share your feedback with the team. Hope to see you back before another reunion !

John and team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have stayed here on three occassions. The room has always been very clean. The breakfast is very good. The staff is helpful. This is one of my favorite places to stay when I travel. The oldest restaurant in Jackson, the Mayflower, is walking distance and a fun place to eat.

Room Tip: Upgade to a suite if available. Very large and comfortable. Relatively inexpensive.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Steven;

Thanks for your many stays with us and great feedback. We appreciate you mentioning our friends at the Mayflower as well, in addition there are a few other great dining spots and of course our restaurant as well. Hope to see you back soon. We'll share your comments with our team !
Greenwood, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stayed for a business meeting at hotel, it is a very old building that had been beautifully remodeled. I loved it. Since it was an older building the walls were very thick and so quiet. The room service and restaurant was wonderful with a large variety of great southern dishes. I had shrimp & grits, bread pudding. It was wonderful. I was very impressed, especially for the price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Alice;

You have me hungry now at the mention of our Shrimp and Grits ! Glad you enjoyed our hotel and we also love our historic and recently renovated King Edward hotel. We hope to see you back soon.

John and team.
Tupelo, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Great hotel, friendly staff, good Southern food Great hotel, friendly staff, good Southern foodGreat hotel, friendly staff, good Southern food Great hotel, friendly staff, good Southern food! Great hotel, friendly staff, good Southern food! Great hotel, friendly staff, good Southern food! Great hotel, friendly staff, good Southern food Great hotel, friendly staff, good Southern food!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Michael;

Thanks for your stay and your feedback. Thanks for your stay and your feedback :)

Hope to see you back soon !
Valdosta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Hotel King Edward, built in 1923 and rehabilitated in 2006-2009, is the perfect mix of character and convenience. We found our room to be comfortable and quiet, despite the railroad track being just outside our windows (historic Union Station/Amtrak is across the street). The staff was courteous and attentive. As other reviewers have mentioned, the neighborhood could feel a little safer, but we didn't feel threatened in any way. There was a lot of construction going on around the hotel when we visited, but it didn't interrupt our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
tripin1, VP at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Emily,

Thank you for your recent visit and feedback. Nice to see your comments of our "Historic yet Modern" facility. We hope to see you back soon. John and team.
Jackson, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The morning I was scheduled to check out, a loud, flashing alarm abruptly woke my 3 children and myself. The voice on the speaker said, there is an emergency in the hotel, please exit and not to take the elevators. I immediately jumped out of bed, snatched my three kids up and proceeded to the exit via the stairs. After running down three flights of stairs, we end up on the side of the building. We walk around the building to the front of the hotel, to my surprise, the lobby was conducting business as usual. I walked to the front desk and ask what was going on. They looked just as confused as me. There were a few other people standing around trying to figure out what was going on. The front desk staff was very rude! They never apologized for the inconvenience. What they did eventually say was that it was a false alarm and we should appreciate that the alarm worked in case of a real emergency. I was shocked. I immediately asked for my money back. The pregnant MOD on call rudely said, "I'm not giving anyone anything back. The other front desk guy was just as rude. I checked out immediately! I have stayed at numerous Hilton's, this one by far is the worst, from a customer service prospective! Also, the area is horrible! All of the businesses in the area were closed down. The streets were closed off due to construction. There were homeless men all around the hotel begging for money! The whole experience was a nightmare!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I was very disappointed to hear of your experience and immediately sent a personal email to you. While we are thankful when our alarms work properly, it is vital for the team to address each occurrence properly as well assist all guests with their concerns professionally. I welcome your email to discuss further. I hope you will give the team another chance to show we can do much better, as well learn from this experience.

John Cario
Vincennes, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This hotel is pretty average, I would've been upset if we paid full price.

The staff was great, very accommodating with parking. Previous reviewers had mentioned smoking rooms-and it's true! We were placed in a smoking room without being asked. When we requested a change, the front desk clerk was "short" with us, but they were checking in two bus loads of people (a family reunion of about 60 people) so it was somewhat understandable. Room switch was made and it was much better.

The pillowcases on the bed were so scratchy I had to get a towel from the bathroom and slept with it over the pillow. My husband found the pillows too uncomfortable for a good night's sleep. The bed's firmness is "adjustable", but it was just extra firm regardless.

The Breakfast buffet was way too expensive ($14.95) and just not worth it.

The historical building is beautiful, so if you can get a good deal online, it's worth it!

Stayed July 2014
Dear Tjen;

Thanks for your visit and review. We'll certainly address your concerns. We are also soon switching to 100% smoke-free, look for that soon.

John Cario - VP / GM

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown? Share your experiences!