“Delightful stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 47 Hotels in Jackson
Milledgeville, Georgia
“Delightful stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff was the best. Of course the management could invest in some much needed replacement bed linens.
Even though the district is undergoing renovations, the stay was pleasant.
I plan to stay here again when I go back to do research at the state archives.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
tripin1, VP - HGI at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for your visit and so glad to see you had a "delightful stay" with us. We hope to see you back soon. John and team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
little rock, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

inside the hotel is very nice and clean. the area right out side the front door is pretty unsafe, loud, and undesirable, and I am a native to the city. I parked on the street 10 yards from the hotel entrance and I had my side view mirror stolen. Weekend are probably the worst time to stay at this location because of clubs in the area. There is a train station across the street from the entrance that I believe is a night club on Friday and Saturday nights. (weird)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

tripin1, VP at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us, and feedback on Tripadvisor. I was disappointed to learn you had a side mirror taken while parked in the street area. Certainly the downtown area has the "sounds of the city" and trains as well, but as you mentioned we strive to offer a clean and comfortable atmosphere inside the Historic King Edward Hotel. We do hope to see you back with us soon. John and team.
Lafayette, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Very clean, beds were comfortable, hotel lobby looked great! Rooms decor is pretty plain. Overall this hotel was pretty average, but I thought the price was good. I didn't like the parking situation which required a parking ticket from the front desk each time you needed to leave but considering it is downtown where parking is hard to come by, I guess it works. All staff were great also! Area around the outside of the hotel was not very scenic, horrible view of railroad from my window.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Ryan;

Thank you for your visit and feedback. I was disappointed to hear we were "just alright" not that special, hopefully we'll have another chance to show we can do better. I'll send a personal note to discuss further. John and team.
Chicago, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

From the valet, to front desk, to housekeeping, to the restaurant and bar staff, the team at the HGI Downtown was stellar! Regency Sayles was a star. She was friendly, engaging, and was a good sport when the unique nature of her name was a topic of discussion between me and another front desk representative. The two young ladies in the bar on Sunday night were also amazing. Both of them served up loads of smiles and "yes sir's" with the food and drinks. There was a large group having dinner in one of the rooms that night which resulted in the food ordered from the bar taking a little longer. The young woman who served me was very apologetic, and when I decided to take my food to my room, she offered to bring up a Coke since my hands were full with my beer and meal. It was well after 10:00 pm at this point which was the close of the bar and her shift, nevertheless when she delivered the Coke she continued to ask if there was anything else I needed. Her commitment to my satisfaction did not go unnoticed. There were two occasions when the valet came through. I asked one gentlemen Sunday morning if he could recommend a church. He did, and I had a great time. Later Sunday afternoon I asked another valet if he could recommend a basketball court, which he did and gave perfect directions. Both of the guys were knowledgeable about the area and provided some valuable information. Finally, the breakfast attended on Sunday morning was outstanding (can't recall the gentleman's name). He served and attended to me as if I was the only one there, which is what every customer wants to feel like. I've been employed by and have stayed in many hotel brands around the country and experiences like this don't occur often. Kudos!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear David;

Thank you for your stay and wonderful feedback about your visit and many of our great associates. We hope to see you back with us soon. John and team.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We went to this Hotel for a get away. It was the 4th of July weekend. There was nothing around so we took the complimentary shuttle to different places. The Hotel was wonderful the staff amazing. From the moment we got there they did their best to attend to our comfort. We took the train so we walked across the street to the hotel and there were 2 policemen there who helped us into the hotel. The staff from the check in desk was amazing. We were on the 8th floor and heard nothing but birds. The bellman Wendell the handyman Timothy(who fixed a window someone tried to open),housekeeping who took very good care of us was awesome. The ones we really had interaction with was the restaurant staff(Erica and London) awesome. We also liked our drivers Marc and Trent who made us feel like we were the only customers they had to serve. We are looking forward to going back again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Theresa;

Thanks for your recent HGI - Jackson visit and your wonderful feedback. I was excited to see you named so many of our wonderful associates. We will share your feedback with the team.

John and team.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Not knowing what to expect when I booked this hotel online, I was MORE than pleased when I pulled up outside. Arriving into town after a full day of driving, the experience began with happy smiles and friendly words from the valet service outside the front door.

Now let me interject one item before I describe my experience. I spend endless days on the road, away from home on business. I visit many many hotels and normally every stay is exactly like the last, consistent. With that being said...

After my luggage and personal goods were unloaded, my car was parked (free of charge) and the "Wow" factor begins. The first step through the front door made my eyes open and the inner architect and explorer wanted to get to the room and back to the lobby as soon as possible.

White marble floors and extravagant cathedral staircase on my left opened my eyes like a child on Christmas morning. The detailed hand carved crown molding and spindles throughout the open foyer to the second floor was simply stunning. The bar/lounge area looked like a high end New York foodie restaurant with a staff of employees who loved their job and loved their customers just as much.

The full time on-site security officer saw my enthusiasm and was quick to offer rooftop views of Jackson and all of her glory. I highly recommend this view to anyone who loves american history . The roof also has an awesome pool and that screams, "swim in me".

Every staff member sports two-way communication so everyone of your wants and desires are granted very quickly with little to no wait.

The restaurant is elegant and the menu is extensive without being too confusing. The wait staff are knowledgeable of the dishes served and are professional in every way.

I am always concerned when my car is parked by a valet service because I hate to be a burden every time I need to leave. Their shuttle service was quick to offer their services at no cost to myself or my employer.

So to sum up my experience...
The room and the hotel in general was simply stunning.
The staff was friendly and quick to help in every way.
The food was delicious and the menus extensive.
The cost..... so inexpensive for what you get..!

This historical hotel should be visited EVERY time you are in town!

Room Tip: See if you can visit the roof and see all of Jackson's glory
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
tripin1, VP w/ HRI at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Aaron;

Thank you for your visit and wonderful review. We will share your positive thoughts (Front door to room) with the team. We hope to see you back soon. John and team.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Let's just start by saying that this is one beautiful hotel. It is apparent that the powers that be thought out the renovation very nicely. This Garden Inn far surpasses many Hilton hotels I have stayed at. It's location in downtown Jackson is close to everything and only 2.5 miles from the self proclaimed "Hip" Fondren district. The hotel shuttle will take you up to seven miles, if you don't feel like driving. A very short walk to Parlor Market and the Mayflower Café. The food at the hotel is excellent as well with an imaginative menu. Nice wine and cocktail selection and highly competent bartenders. I stayed there on a slow Fourth of July weekend, and after spending years in hotel management I know slow times are the times when service can really slip. But not so here. The service was exceptional on all levels. My room was spotless, upper floor, corner overlooking the railroad station, but thanks to double paned windows, I heard nothing at all. Downtown Jackson is under renovation these days and not very pretty, but this hotel will be my first selection when I return. Man, you gotta get some here!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
tripin1, VP with HGI at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Glad to hear we "got it right" and we appreciate your recent 4th of July visit with us. We thank you for your feedback and post to Tripadvisor, and hope to see you back soon.

Sincerely, John and team.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown? Share your experiences!