“Get away” 4 of 5 stars

Parking Package
Ranked #5 of 47 Hotels in Jackson
“Get away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We went to this Hotel for a get away. It was the 4th of July weekend. There was nothing around so we took the complimentary shuttle to different places. The Hotel was wonderful the staff amazing. From the moment we got there they did their best to attend to our comfort. We took the train so we walked across the street to the hotel and there were 2 policemen there who helped us into the hotel. The staff from the check in desk was amazing. We were on the 8th floor and heard nothing but birds. The bellman Wendell the handyman Timothy(who fixed a window someone tried to open),housekeeping who took very good care of us was awesome. The ones we really had interaction with was the restaurant staff(Erica and London) awesome. We also liked our drivers Marc and Trent who made us feel like we were the only customers they had to serve. We are looking forward to going back again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Theresa;

Thanks for your recent HGI - Jackson visit and your wonderful feedback. I was excited to see you named so many of our wonderful associates. We will share your feedback with the team.

John and team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Not knowing what to expect when I booked this hotel online, I was MORE than pleased when I pulled up outside. Arriving into town after a full day of driving, the experience began with happy smiles and friendly words from the valet service outside the front door.

Now let me interject one item before I describe my experience. I spend endless days on the road, away from home on business. I visit many many hotels and normally every stay is exactly like the last, consistent. With that being said...

After my luggage and personal goods were unloaded, my car was parked (free of charge) and the "Wow" factor begins. The first step through the front door made my eyes open and the inner architect and explorer wanted to get to the room and back to the lobby as soon as possible.

White marble floors and extravagant cathedral staircase on my left opened my eyes like a child on Christmas morning. The detailed hand carved crown molding and spindles throughout the open foyer to the second floor was simply stunning. The bar/lounge area looked like a high end New York foodie restaurant with a staff of employees who loved their job and loved their customers just as much.

The full time on-site security officer saw my enthusiasm and was quick to offer rooftop views of Jackson and all of her glory. I highly recommend this view to anyone who loves american history . The roof also has an awesome pool and that screams, "swim in me".

Every staff member sports two-way communication so everyone of your wants and desires are granted very quickly with little to no wait.

The restaurant is elegant and the menu is extensive without being too confusing. The wait staff are knowledgeable of the dishes served and are professional in every way.

I am always concerned when my car is parked by a valet service because I hate to be a burden every time I need to leave. Their shuttle service was quick to offer their services at no cost to myself or my employer.

So to sum up my experience...
The room and the hotel in general was simply stunning.
The staff was friendly and quick to help in every way.
The food was delicious and the menus extensive.
The cost..... so inexpensive for what you get..!

This historical hotel should be visited EVERY time you are in town!

Room Tip: See if you can visit the roof and see all of Jackson's glory
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
tripin1, VP w/ HRI at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Aaron;

Thank you for your visit and wonderful review. We will share your positive thoughts (Front door to room) with the team. We hope to see you back soon. John and team.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Let's just start by saying that this is one beautiful hotel. It is apparent that the powers that be thought out the renovation very nicely. This Garden Inn far surpasses many Hilton hotels I have stayed at. It's location in downtown Jackson is close to everything and only 2.5 miles from the self proclaimed "Hip" Fondren district. The hotel shuttle will take you up to seven miles, if you don't feel like driving. A very short walk to Parlor Market and the Mayflower Café. The food at the hotel is excellent as well with an imaginative menu. Nice wine and cocktail selection and highly competent bartenders. I stayed there on a slow Fourth of July weekend, and after spending years in hotel management I know slow times are the times when service can really slip. But not so here. The service was exceptional on all levels. My room was spotless, upper floor, corner overlooking the railroad station, but thanks to double paned windows, I heard nothing at all. Downtown Jackson is under renovation these days and not very pretty, but this hotel will be my first selection when I return. Man, you gotta get some here!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
tripin1, VP with HGI at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Glad to hear we "got it right" and we appreciate your recent 4th of July visit with us. We thank you for your feedback and post to Tripadvisor, and hope to see you back soon.

Sincerely, John and team.
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Absolutely beautiful hotel, convenient to everything. There is some street construction going on in front but nothing to get bothered over. The food in the bar is fantastic! Clean hotel, friendly staff, great service...did I say Wonderful Hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
tripin1, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thanks for your visit and "Wonderful" Review. Hope to see you back soon. John and team.
Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Our last visit to this hotel was during a time when the city was working on water mains and hotel water had a brown hue. This time, the water was usable, but valet parking help was not to be found. Evidently, on a busy weekend night with downtown events, they only have one valet person working and our car sat on the street for 3 hours before being moved. Room was average and mostly quiet, bed was very firm. Not that it is the hotel's fault, but downtown Jackson is a wasteland on weekends. Most downtown streets are torn up and only one lane is open - lIke driving in a minefield. We'll probably look for another place next time. Front desk totally ignored my AARP card, and the desk clerk may have said 3 words during check in.

Dear Tennessee Travel;

Thank you for your return visit and posting on Tripadvisor. I was disappointed to hear we didnt deliver on our normal stellar service, and apologize to you. I sent a personal note and perhaps we or my team can discuss your concerns, as we well certainly address your comments with our team here. Thanks, John and team.
Jackson, Mississippi, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Several yellow urine drops on toilet seat. No light bulb in lamp by phone when trying to turn on to call front desk to report problem. Carpet smelled like someone had gotten sick and big rectangle patch of carpet in front of television. Restaurant very good.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Bruce;

Thank you for your recent visit to Jackson and stay with us. I was very disappointed to see the issues you encountered, and certainly will be investigating this further. We do much better, and I hope to have the opportunity to prove this ahead. I sent a personal email to you to discuss further. I know Heather and her team strive to deliver top notch cleanliness and service, and can only hope this was a missed room, or system glitch. Hoping to speak with you soon. John and team.
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Check in was at 4PM, I got to my room at 4:45 PM. Asked for two beds, got one. Sign said self parking was full, please use valet. Parking was not full. Bed was very uncomfortable, firmness selector did not work. Pillow top worn out on head and foot. Towels and coffee left for only one person, both days. Gorgeous hotel, but all show, no go. Could not see bottom of pool, water was so cloudy. No free breakfast available and breakfast room service not available. Parking cost $14 a day. Will not stay there again. They ruined my 38th Anniversary weekend.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, find a different hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay and post on Tripadvisor. From our guest feedback, we make corrections as needed to our operation. I was very disappointed to see we failed you during a recent visit. I sent you a personally email to discuss further and resolve to your satisfaction. My apologies, we can and do much better !

John and team.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown? Share your experiences!