“Getting it Right!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Houston, Texas
“Getting it Right!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Let's just start by saying that this is one beautiful hotel. It is apparent that the powers that be thought out the renovation very nicely. This Garden Inn far surpasses many Hilton hotels I have stayed at. It's location in downtown Jackson is close to everything and only 2.5 miles from the self proclaimed "Hip" Fondren district. The hotel shuttle will take you up to seven miles, if you don't feel like driving. A very short walk to Parlor Market and the Mayflower Café. The food at the hotel is excellent as well with an imaginative menu. Nice wine and cocktail selection and highly competent bartenders. I stayed there on a slow Fourth of July weekend, and after spending years in hotel management I know slow times are the times when service can really slip. But not so here. The service was exceptional on all levels. My room was spotless, upper floor, corner overlooking the railroad station, but thanks to double paned windows, I heard nothing at all. Downtown Jackson is under renovation these days and not very pretty, but this hotel will be my first selection when I return. Man, you gotta get some here!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
tripin1, VP with HGI at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Glad to hear we "got it right" and we appreciate your recent 4th of July visit with us. We thank you for your feedback and post to Tripadvisor, and hope to see you back soon.

Sincerely, John and team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Absolutely beautiful hotel, convenient to everything. There is some street construction going on in front but nothing to get bothered over. The food in the bar is fantastic! Clean hotel, friendly staff, great service...did I say Wonderful Hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
tripin1, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thanks for your visit and "Wonderful" Review. Hope to see you back soon. John and team.
Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Our last visit to this hotel was during a time when the city was working on water mains and hotel water had a brown hue. This time, the water was usable, but valet parking help was not to be found. Evidently, on a busy weekend night with downtown events, they only have one valet person working and our car sat on the street for 3 hours before being moved. Room was average and mostly quiet, bed was very firm. Not that it is the hotel's fault, but downtown Jackson is a wasteland on weekends. Most downtown streets are torn up and only one lane is open - lIke driving in a minefield. We'll probably look for another place next time. Front desk totally ignored my AARP card, and the desk clerk may have said 3 words during check in.

Dear Tennessee Travel;

Thank you for your return visit and posting on Tripadvisor. I was disappointed to hear we didnt deliver on our normal stellar service, and apologize to you. I sent a personal note and perhaps we or my team can discuss your concerns, as we well certainly address your comments with our team here. Thanks, John and team.
Jackson, Mississippi, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Several yellow urine drops on toilet seat. No light bulb in lamp by phone when trying to turn on to call front desk to report problem. Carpet smelled like someone had gotten sick and big rectangle patch of carpet in front of television. Restaurant very good.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Bruce;

Thank you for your recent visit to Jackson and stay with us. I was very disappointed to see the issues you encountered, and certainly will be investigating this further. We do much better, and I hope to have the opportunity to prove this ahead. I sent a personal email to you to discuss further. I know Heather and her team strive to deliver top notch cleanliness and service, and can only hope this was a missed room, or system glitch. Hoping to speak with you soon. John and team.
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Check in was at 4PM, I got to my room at 4:45 PM. Asked for two beds, got one. Sign said self parking was full, please use valet. Parking was not full. Bed was very uncomfortable, firmness selector did not work. Pillow top worn out on head and foot. Towels and coffee left for only one person, both days. Gorgeous hotel, but all show, no go. Could not see bottom of pool, water was so cloudy. No free breakfast available and breakfast room service not available. Parking cost $14 a day. Will not stay there again. They ruined my 38th Anniversary weekend.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, find a different hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay and post on Tripadvisor. From our guest feedback, we make corrections as needed to our operation. I was very disappointed to see we failed you during a recent visit. I sent you a personally email to discuss further and resolve to your satisfaction. My apologies, we can and do much better !

John and team.
Natchez, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

When my wife made reservations to the old King Edward Hotel I was unsure of what we were in for, but from the time the valet took our car those apprehensions disappeared.
Service - impeccable, from front desk to bar to housekeeping.
My wife had inadvertently made the reservation for the wrong day. Anthony at the front desk helped us solve our problem in short order and we were on our way up to roomy and comfortable accommodations. When we called for extra towels, housekeeping was there in a jiffy. The bar staff and restaurant servers were friendly and super hospitable.
All in all, if we need a hotel close to downtown Jackson, we'll choose Hilton Garden Inn again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
We do appreciate your recent visit and great review on Tripadivsor. We are glad we exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed your visit with us. I will thank the team, and especially Anthony at the desk, for assisting you with your reservation. We hope to have you back soon.

Team Jackson
New Albany, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

I Accompanied my husband with 2 granddaughters to this hotel for a meeting. I was a little apprehensive about the location at first because I'm not as familiar with downtown Jackson as I once was. I felt perfectly safe as we arrived at the hotel. We were met at the curb with valet parking by very efficient & courteous staff. Everyone we encountered was much the same. The indoor pool was small but adequate. The lobby was beautiful and the renovation was done extremely well. Food service in the lobby was great. The work on Capitol St. Was inconvenient but did not affect the hotel service at all. I plan to come back when the street construction is done to enjoy the full effect of this great hotel!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
We thank you for your recent visit and positive posting to Tripadvisor. We were glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Historic King Edward HGI - Jackson. We hope to see you back soon. John and team Jackson.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown? Share your experiences!