“Great renovated hitel downtown” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Parking Package
Ranked #4 of 47 Hotels in Jackson
Houston, Texas
“Great renovated hitel downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I always stay here when I'm in Jackson. This is a really well done renovation with modern amenities in an a historic downtown building. Looking outside your room window at the downtown area looks as if you are looking back in time. they have a very good breakfast and cute bar/nice lobby.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Diamondhead, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The King Edward Hotel (Hilton Garden Inn) is a beautiful restored property. The public areas are stunning. Congratulations to the owners for adhering to the historical aspect of this jewel. The service, however, is lacking. No coffee in our room...called guest services...waited an hour...called again...waited 45 minutes...then went down to the lobby myself. The man at the front desk seemed as if he as "inconvenienced" by my request. He told me to "run on back up to my room" and he would have it delivered. NO! I waited 15 minutes for the coffee I had requested repeatedly for 2 hours.

The rooms are also very small...which is a result of this being a restored property. I would of hoped they would have combined two rooms into one....and the room was already in need if repair...a hole in the door, peeling wallpaper....next time in in Jackson, I'll stay at the Hyatt.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Although downtown Jackson is rundown and a bit desolate, the King Edward Hilton Garden Inn is a bright spot. We stayed here twice on our way to and from Destin, Florida, and both times were greeted with the same warm welcome and great service. Our room was spacious and clean, and the hotel itself is beautiful and located in an historic building. We had breakfast on our first visit. Our omelets were delicious and the cook even checked to make sure we enjoyed them. On our way home, during our second stay, we had dinner and drinks. Again, we were treated to great service and food. The employees here aim to please.

• Stayed July 2013
Lindsay, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Love it! Would highly recommend it. Don't be scared off by surrounding area, it is in original downtown area. Very close to Jackson State University. The staff is very friendly and eager to please. The manager and his assistant are very personable and helpful. The breakfasts are awesome. Very clean, rooms very comfortable and functional.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Killeen, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Beautiful rebirth for this hotel. It used to be the King Edwards Hotel and they even kept some of the charm and character of the hotel. I think the hotel shoukd offer free breakfast like the Hampton but its okay because at least they have a restaurant where you can order what you want. My bed was kind of hard and the adjuster was broken I slept okay. I would stay here again and would recommend this hotel to anybody.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We stopped off in Jackson on the way to Memphis to break up the journey from New Orleans. As soon as we walked in we knew we had made the right choice of hotel. It is beautiful refurbished 3 years ago. The staff are lovely and some of the friendliest we have encountered in the USA. The room is clean, very big and luxurious with all the necessities and more. The shower is one of the best we have used. We used the pool and hot tub and had them to ourselves. The food was scrumptious, some of the best ribs we have ever tasted and a good price. The hotel has a coin laundry and also runs a free mini bus anywhere you want to go even just to the supermarket. We loved this hotel and had a really relaxing stay.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Metro DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

There aren't a lot of good hotel options in downtown Jackson. If you're looking for brand new and sparkling accommodations, look elsewhere. But the Garden Inn is a decent choice. The lobby is gorgeous and historic and staff are very friendly and helpful. Be prepared to pay for parking regardless of whether you use valet or park yourself.
My room was adequate and clean. I do not like Garden Inn beds. Although adjustable, they are VERY firm and difficult to sleep on. My bed was no exception.
As others have pointed out, the water from my faucet was tea-colored. Very unappetizing. I stuck to bottled water, available for purchase in the lobby. Apart from that, I'd stay here again if I had to stay downtown.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown? Share your experiences!