“Downtown Jackson - a work in progress - Hilton Garden Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Parking Package
Ranked #5 of 47 hotels in Jackson
Miami, Florida, United States
“Downtown Jackson - a work in progress - Hilton Garden Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a historic building on the edges of downtown Jackson, next to the railroad station. The hotel itself is quite busy, but the surrounding area is in transition. Service and personnel were outstanding and the food in the bar was fabulous. Also close to a couple of well-known, outstanding restaurants. But otherwise, not a place where single females will feel comfortable walking to/from other downtown places. Seems to target business & groups. There was easy access to/from local attractions and interstate by car. Once on-going redevelopment of area is completed, this will be again be a prime destination.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

369 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was in town for one night and chose this hotel due to its location. While the parking was a challenge and valet was the only option, that was the only negative. The staff was very friendly and efficient and the rooms were nicely renovated. I had dinner in the bar and the food was very good. Overall a very good experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Hotels.com overbooked the Comfort Inn. They upgraded us to this hotel for the night. I was a little leery of the downtown location from my memory but took the discount and some additional credits for my inconvenience. Check in was quick. Room was very clean and beds were comfortable. Did not hear the trains nearby but could feel them every once in awhile. In our room this was not disturbing and we got a good night's sleep before heading towards New Orleans. Location was not that far from I55 to head on our way. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2013
Germantown, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Decided to stay here at the last minute on a recent trip to Jackson. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The lobby is nice and the rooms were well appointed, clean and up to date. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Acworth, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

This is the best hotel to stay in downtown the hotel relatively new.The rooms are nice. The tv has many hd channels and the fitness center equipment is pretty new.the breakfast buffet is good and included in some of the room rates but if not included it is a little expensive

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Larry H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I was glad to read from your review that you noticed our currently renovations and that you approved of them. I do however understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel specifically regarding the cleanliness of our hotel. I am sorry that you found your bed sheets to be stained with ink and your bathtub not properly cleaned. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.
Jackson MS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Beautiful remodeled hotel. Downtown Jackson is really trying to come back to life! I am so happy to see the progress being made! I am not one to complain but, my room was not very clean. The sheets had blue ink stains all over them and the lamp shade beside my bed the same. I found it very odd and reported the situation. Nothing was done about it. The bath tub was also dirty from previous guest usage. I will not be staying here again. I expected so much better. :(

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Vicksburg, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Highly recommend this hotel if participating in anything in the downtown Jackson area. Rooms are well-appointed and the staff are wonderful.I feel very safe here and can't wait to return with the kids.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown? Share your experiences!