“Wonderful hotel, amazing staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Parking Package
Ranked #6 of 47 hotels in Jackson
Alexandria, Virginia
“Wonderful hotel, amazing staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel at least once per month during 2011. I highly recommend it. They have done an excllent job of restoring the old King Edward and the rooms are clean and modern.
The staff at this hotel makes you fell like home, from the valet (Pat) to the front desk to the cleaning staff to the restaurant staff -- everyone is helpful and has a ready smile. The in-house restaurant is delicious. Well-cooked, tasty and affordable food.
Downtown Jackson on the other hand, leaves much to be desired other than this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
MMAC2010, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Dear Guest,
Truly, you've made our day! Many thanks for the accolades to our team. Indeed it was our pleasure to serve you.
Kind regards,
Marlene Macaluso

357 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Austin, Tx.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

This is a beautiful, historic hotel. The room was clean, quiet and i loved the adjustable bed. There were multiple HBOs on the TV and the internet was reliable and fast.

The lobby attendants were nice and the hotel allowed for a late check out.

The only issue I had with the room was the lack of blackout curtains. The light from the street kept me awake.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Jackson, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

This Hotel used to be the King Edward Hotel years ago. The building sat on Capitol Street for many years with the windows busted out, pigeon poo and homeless people lived in it. The city finally renovated it and it is SPECTACULAR. I have stayed twice now. My husband and I most recently stayed NYE night and were very impressed. The rate was only 109.00 and the valet was only 14.00. The valet were so helpful and fast. Upon checking in, the ladies at the front desk were more than helpful in getting us in earlier than the 4:00 p.m. check in time. We were able to check in at 3:00 with no problem. The elevator system is a little tricky if you want to go to the indoor pool which is by the way super nice with a hot tub and a view of the very state of the art fitness center. If you want to go to the pool, which is on the basement level, you must use the Middle elevator to get to it. I am still confused on why it is set up that way but we learned the system fast but it is a pain to leave your room and wait on the middle elevator, it may not come so you would need to take one of the other elevators to the lobby and then get on the middle elevator to go down, confusing right? Other than that, the staff was lovely, the bar and outdoor patio are so nice. We will plan our 2013 NYE night there next year without a doubt. If you are new to Jackson, this is the place to stay HANDS DOWN! Also, Hot breakfast in the morning, not included but priced reasonably and very delicious. Freshly prepared Omletts, Biscuits & Gravy, sausage, hot and cold bar, DELICIOUS coffee. Love it!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Santa Monica, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

I've stayed at The Hilton Garden Inn a couple of times and with each visit I've encountered extremely helpful staff and nice rooms with great beds. While I wouldn't give it a five star rating, it is the classiest hotel I've found in Jackson, MS. It's conveniently located in the heart of downtown. Across the street from the hotel are a number of run down old commercial buildings that give the area a rougher feel than what I've personally experienced there. I didn't feel unsafe walking at any time. It's also across the street from a nice Amtrak station and it's very close walking distance to the Parlor Market .... one of the best restaurants I've been to in a long time. The Mayflower Cafe ... a better than average meat-and-three ... is even closer. The hotel's valet staff is attentive. All in all, I will gladly return here on my next trip to Jackson.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

I unfortunately have to travel to Jackson, Mississippi for business periodically, and this is hands down the place to stay. The hotel is very stately and charming. The staff very friendly. The bar is nicely stocked and has a good selection of eats.

The surrounding restaurants serve fried crap galore, so I wouldn't recommend venturing out particularly at night as the surrounding area is equally disappointing and equally suspect.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

We booked this hotel online. What a great choice we made!!! Great location...great staff...great room. The rooms were nice and comfy. The climate was just right when we entered the room. The beds were very comfortable. The rooms included a fridge and microwave. The staff was very friendly. We attended a football game at Veteran's Memorial Stadium and a concert at the convention center. Perfect location for both events. I would gladly stay here again!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
MMAC2010, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience. Jackson's Downtown area is beginning to flourish once again and we appreciate your support. Please visit us again soon.
Chesterfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I booked the hotel online after looking at the amenities that were offered. I had never been to Jackson before so I did not know what to expect but from the time I pulled up, I was promptly greeted by a valet attendant that asked, "Are you checking in and would you like assistance with your luggage?" I promptly responded, "No, thank I just need to have the car parked!" Once I entered the door, I was pleasantly surprised at the bright lobby! After I checked in at the front desk I quickly went to my room and again was pleasantly surprised at the attention to interior decor in the room. I later enjoyed the laid back atmosphere of the King Edward Grill & Bar. The service was prompt and the staff was quite courteous. Went I returned to my room I did have to contact housekeeping to obtain another iron and that was promptly brought up to my room. I had a very nice overnight stay and would definitely stay there again!

Great Job!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are indeed grateful for your appreciation and support and hope to see you again in the near future.
Kind regards,

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown? Share your experiences!