“If ever in Jackson...as MUST stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Early Valentine's Package
Ranked #1 of 4 Jackson B&B and Inns
Dallas
“If ever in Jackson...as MUST stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

My cousin (from NY) and I met in Jackson for our family reunion and headed to the Fairview! It was absolutely amazing! We stayed in the 3rd floor suite! Had drinks prior to going to dinner & everything was wonderful! Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

I stayed in the Third Floor Suite, which was a great value for the amount of space, etc. The Inn was beautiful and was decorated for Christmas. I didn't eat at the restaurant but had a couple of drinks at the bar before going out. They really aren't set up to have a real bar, but there was a place to sit and we had good service. I wish they would add a real bar - that would make an excellent addition to everything else the Inn has to offer. The Third Floor Suite was nicely furnished and clean. Flat screen tv and other amenities. Two beds. Huge Jacuzzi tub in the marble-floored bath. They apparently kept the old sink for nostalgic purposes but, frankly, it wasn't easy to use. There was a faucet for hot water and another for cold. So you really couldn't get warm water. And there was no counter space for toiletries. Still, the bathroom was quite elegant. There is a skylight over the tub and that was nice. However, there was only a hand-held shower and the water pressure that high up in the building was practically non-existent. Took a while to run a bath and taking a shower was just about impossible. I think they should keep the tub, add a real shower, and modernize the sink area. Then it would be truly luxurious. I can't say that the staff was particularly friendly or helpful but it was a weekend and I think they were short-handed. My suite was cozy and quiet. Overall, it was a lovely place to stay and I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Carroll, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

My husband and I have stayed at Fairview Inn several times. It is always a wonderful time.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
bay st louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2009

I surprised my mother in staying here and she and I both had a wonderful, unforgetable time. We came to shop which isusually our highlight, but this time it was the place where we stayed. that was the high point. The place is gorgeous and the staff is very friendly, and welcoming. It is also very clean which I am pretty particular about. The suite that we choose was the same one the king and queen of Spain stayed in. We loved it. We opted to eat both nites at sophia's and glad we did. The crabcakes were amazing! For now on, I will always stay here when visiting jackson. I can't wait to return!!! Angel Shands from Bay St. Louis, MS.

• Stayed November 2009
Columbus, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2009

My husband and I stayed here with another couple, and had a wonderful weekend. The Fairview Inn is a lovely destination for romance and relaxation. The rooms and public spaces are all elegantly decorated, and have all the comforts of a fine home. The service is first class. Our every need was anticipated, and the staff was very accomodating in every way. The food is to die for. We took advantage of the on-site "nomiSpa" which was both convenient and offered a great value (a $50 min. dt massage for only $85!).

We will be going back as often as our schedule allows.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Allen, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

Beautiful historic inn, lovingly maintained. Kudos to Peter and staff. Food and amenities were superb.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

This is a beautiful old home but would recommend stopping by for a visit/tour and staying elsewhere. When we arrived, we were expecting a tour of the house, our tour was one of the girls standing in the lobby area with us and pointing everything out to us from the entry. As a result, breakfast was a bit hard to locate the morning after our arrival. I went exploring on my own after we checking in. We were taken to our room. It looked a little different than I had remembered from the website and I signed on the internet to look up the room I had booked to see what was different. It was the bedding...much more elegant looking in the photo. It wasn't even the same bedding set, but no big deal. Went to look out the windows that were down one side of the room to check out the view and all we saw was the black rooftop with air units sitting on it. We decided to leave the shutters closed and pretend we had a better view. On to the bathroom to unpack...looked up and there was black mold growing all over the ceiling around the air vent. When we reported it, it was cleaned up while we were out but when we returned, the smell of bleach was so strong in the room it gave us headaches. Our 1st night was uneventful, the 2nd night was horrid. People running up and down the halls @ 2am banging into the walls, loud talking, children cutting up, then a dog barking in the hallway @ 6am. We've stayed at budget motels with better insulation. My husband went to complain in the middle of the night and couldn't find any staff. He did say the front door was standing open a coupe of inches though which made us nervous since this B&B sits @ the edge of the downtown area. We were told the front door would be locked after 10pm. Upon check-out my husband did complain to one of the staff. They weren't very sympathetic. We were 2 hours out of Jackson when we realized my husband had left 2 dress shirts in the closet, one worth over $100. To the properties credit, they were VERY helpful in getting those returned to us. Overall, it wasn't a good experience and we won't be going back. Stay at a luxury hotel instead.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairview Inn? Share your experiences!