“It's a great place for kids to learn about all kinds of science and especially animals native to this area. I've taken my son an” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mississippi Museum of Natural Science

Ranked #2 of 42 attractions in Jackson
Type: Natural History Museums
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Explore Mississippi's biological diversity at this presitigious museum that includes indoor exhibits: a 100,000-gallon aquarium filled with native fishes, reptiles and amphibians, plus more than two miles of outdoor walking trails that wind through natural habitats.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I love this place. We moved about an hour from this place a few years ago. I have taken many kids as well as my son. It's always interesting and fun. They always learn something new.

Visited September 2012

• Polish first
The Delta, Mississippi
12 attraction reviews
“Family Day Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My family (husband, 2 year old and myself) visited this museum for a family-fun day trip in the summer of 2012. We had a great time. We visited the Children's Museum first, then traveled on over to the MS Museum of Natural Science. My 2 year old had more fun at the Museum of Natural Science than the Children's Museum. The staff was pleasant, the exhibits were interesting. My 2 year old loved the live animals and so did I! I think it's a great exhibit, especially for the money! Will definitely visit again!

Visited August 2012
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
“great time for nature lovers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Museum has great exhibits real creative showings of nature, stuffed birds and paleontology nice nature trails spent about 3 hours

Visited July 2013
West Monroe, Louisiana
3 attraction reviews
“Great little museum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This was our first visit to this museum. We went on a Friday and there were activities set up for children, which was really nice for our family. My kids really enjoyed that. There were lots of live animals in the regular exhibits as well as the traveling reptile exhibit, some of which I had never seen before. This is not a huge museum, but it was worth the price of entry. The staff was wonderful! Very friendly and helpful! They have a nice little gift shop where we picked up a few things for our kids before leaving.

Visited July 2013
Madison, Mississippi
“Summer activity for kids.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Great place to take the children for a fun day anytime. Close to the children's museum also. Exhibits vary so check the website or the current one.

Visited August 2012