“Just like home:)” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
“Just like home:)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We've been going to Wise Guys since they've opened. We moved here from Chicago 26 years ago, every time we'd go back, my sister would stop & pick up hot dogs b/c she knew there wasn't any decent ones here. When Wise Guys opened, it was like going back home without the drive & we've never been disappointed. The only thing better than the food is the service, the women that have taken care of us for years have treated us like family, this is why we feel Wise Guys is the best around:)
Keep it up Wise Guys,
The Kalkstein Family

• Visited February 2014

“terrible pizza”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Some of the worst pizza I have ever had. We ordered a supreme pizza, and they barely had any toppings on it. They said they were low on supplies but still way over charged. (2 large pizzas over $50) The crust was stale and was just terrible. I have had Chicago style pizzas all over the US and this and this was nothing like I have ever had before. I did not try anything else but I would stay away from their pizza.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Horn Lake, Mississippi
“Pizza heaven in the South”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I live in Horn Lake 6 miles from this place and had heard about it long before actually trying it. The question is "Why did it take so long?". I learned what distinguished a Chicago style pizza from the normal pizza being sold by the chain pizza places all over cities scattered around the country and there is no comparison. Wiseguy's delivers a thick, cheesy pizza that is not only delicious but so filling that a small 12" pizza will feed two people perhaps leaving a piece to take home for a late night snack. Don't go for pizza if you are in a hurry as it takes 45 minutes to prepare and cook this pizza but is well worth the wait but you can call ahead to order so your pie can be ready for you when you get there or soon after. My friend had one of their sandwiches and told me it was also good so I believe their use of quality and fresh ingredients contributes to their goal of pleasing all their customers all the time. The staff is also friendly and accommodating giving advice to those who need it. I will continue to go to this restaurant and recommend it to others.

• Visited July 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“Absolutely Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Since we had a 45 minute wait for our deep dish pizza to cook (also the norm in Chicago), we ordered the South Side Italian Sausage Sandwich to share as a sort of “appetizer.” This was my husband's favorite thing about this place. He raved about this sandwich. In fact he wants to drive to Mississippi again just so he can order this sandwich again, ha! It really was pretty tasty. The sausage was just a bit spicy and bursting with flavor. And the bread was a perfect level of crispyness and density to hold up next to the sausage.

Then the main attraction: the deep dish pizza! My husband and I ordered the small size to split, but we each couldn’t eat more than one “slice.” If we hadn’t had the sausage sandwich we might have been able to split a third piece, but my oh my… this is filling and delicious! And cheesy. The amount of cheese on this pizza was unbelievable. My husband would return just to eat the sandwich and I would return just for another slice of this pizza.

However, was it true Chicago style? Well, we aren’t from Chicago and haven’t eaten at every Chicago pizzeria, but we’ve eaten at both Lou Malnati’s and Giordano’s (two of the most famous ones). So while we aren’t experts, here’s our opinion:

At Lou Malnati’s and Giordano, the sauce is the top layer of the pizza while the cheese is mixed in the middle with the other ingredients. Also, the crust is closer to the texture of thick pie crust than it is of plain pizza dough. Wiseguys’ did have deep dish dough, but it just tasted like regular pizza dough and not the like the buttery flaky crust of Lou Malnati’s and Giordano. Also, Wiseguys had far more cheese than either of the others.

So is it true Chicago style pizza based on our experiences? Not really. However, it’s by far the closest thing we’ve found in the Memphis area and it was DELICIOUS! So it’s still a huge winner!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cataula, Georgia, United States
“Real Chicago pizza...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

We asked at the Pink palace and the guy said no question if we were headed south this was the place..he was right. Authentic Chicago pizza. 1slice will fill you up. It takes 45 minutes to cook it but boy is it worth it

• Visited April 2013