“A true taste of Chicago!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hot Dogs, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Memphis
“A true taste of Chicago!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I've eaten here many times and have never been disappointed. This quaint family home converted into a restaurant really works! The deep dish is authentic & delicious. Service is great and the kitschy Chicago memorabilia is fun. Highly recommend!

Memphis, Tennessee
“Darn good pie!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is as close to Chicago as your going to get! Pizza is fantastic and our waitress kandy was real cool. We didn't care for the chili cheese nachos that much because the chili wasn't homemade,other than that its worth the drive.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Chicago Neighborhood in the South”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I mostly eat at Wiseguys for lunch when I am in the Memphis, TN area for business. But, the last time I was there was in the evening. I go there for the sandwiches, but I hear they have good pizza as well. My favorite is the Chicago Fire Dog, a polish sausage sandwich with toppings to order. Tried the Italian Sausage sandwich this evening, loved it.

The restaurant is a converted farm house and is very casual. Inside you can imagine it as being lifted right out of one of Chicago's neighborhoods. I've spent enough time in Chicago to know.

The prices are cheap and the service has always been friendly and excellent. Has beer, but not a bar.

The place is a little bit off the beaten path, but not far from the typical chain restaurants that just aren't as interesting. Worth the extra five minutes to find.

• Visited August 2012
Lake Cormorant, Mississippi, United States
“Best Pizza South of Chicago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Since it states Chicago Style pizza & I love Chicago, IL for the jazz festival, we thought we'd try it. Most Awesome!! More than enough toppings on the pizza, sauce is fantastic, breading for the pizza is mouth watering. Usually have to order a large to feed my family but not here! Had leftovers for early morning bfast. So much to eat & the price is FANTASTIC!! Well woth every penny. As for the employees ~ well chosen. Been there several times & never once has anyone ever made us feel unwelcome or unappreciated as customers. Always smiling, always friendly, & they truly give that "Chicago" home feeling. Highly recommend

• Visited May 2012
Marion, Virginia
“Hey, dees guys make a good sanwidge.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Tears in my eyes when I walked in. My family and I are stranded in Memphis for the foreseeable future--this place was like going home. (My wife is from Calumet City--I grew up in Da Region.) My daughter had a Chicago Style Vienna beef hot dog. My wife and I had Italian beef sandwiches on Gonnella bread. Pretty good all around. The decor features signed photos of folks only Chicagoans would know (Johnny B., Steve Dahl, etc.) and features mostly Cubs, Da Bears, and Jordan-era Bulls posters and signs. Good prices, very relaxed atmosphere. Call ahead for deep dish (45 minutes)--thin crust is either 20 or 25 minutes. I believe that they serve beer.

• Visited April 2012